ADVERTISEMENT

If there is never a vaccine...

Will we just continue living in fear forever? Can somebody please have a rational thought on this damn thing.

Test the kids daily.
Create an athletic bubble.
Accept that there will be infections - just as there would be if they don’t play.
Play ball.

Agreed.

And I was wondering when someone would start a thread about this. Surprised no one has wanted to discuss this until now.

mass%20hysteria%20-%20No%20Vaccine.jpg

Nature and evolution work to weed out the weak. Its survival. We try to counter the natural order of things because we can.
Will we just continue living in fear forever? Can somebody please have a rational thought on this damn thing.

Test the kids daily.
Accept that there will be infections - just as there would be if they don’t play.
Play ball.

But their hearts might explode!

NY is suggesting maybe requiring flu shots for kids to go to public school. Can't wait to see how that goes over, even amongst the liberals.

NY is suggesting maybe requiring flu shots for kids to go to public school. Can't wait to see how that goes over, even amongst the liberals.
It is a little extreme, but in highly populated areas like NY that had a really bad outbreak I can see the rationale. I think getting the flu shot this year is smart.

The coronavirus is the cause of about 20% of colds

Same family of viruses artificially skewing positive test results or false-positives. Viral remnants hang around for a long time, especially at the 40 cycle sensitivity being run by many labs.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
A lot of people here better stock up on toilet paper. They have been shitting their pants since March.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1

Test the kids daily.
Play ball.
Ghg1x7C.gif

Same family of viruses artificially skewing positive test results or false-positives. Viral remnants hang around for a long time, especially at the 40 cycle sensitivity being run by many labs.
Look up CAP guidelines in the infectious molecular section. Then come back and post, specifically after educating yourself on sensitivity and specificity. There is so much misinformation in this post.
people tend to gravitate toward something the in their gut they philosophically align to. Doesn’t make it true.

Reactions: JJ13579
Not sure about your point. It was long speculated viral load of exposure played a part in disease outcome. Drs don’t see the Ct value on report. About the only folks that do are the techs who run the assay and ID docs that come to look if curious. Results reported as positive, negative, and inconclusive. That’s what a qualitative test does. Patients are hospitalized on severity of disease not Ct values.

Last edited:
It is a little extreme, but in highly populated areas like NY that had a really bad outbreak I can see the rationale. I think getting the flu shot this year is smart.
Why? So you're telling me the COVID virus is the flu? What good does a flu shot do for COVID?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
So reporting a Ct value of 30 vs 40 is somehow a revenue scheme? This whole reporting a Ct value is bunk. The vast majority qualitative assay programs run for 40 cycles on the realtime instrument. It is highly irregular to do so in a clinical setting. Typically you figure out your limit of detection (LOD) and step back a cycle or two. I can assure you UIHC does not use 40 as a threshold cutoff.

Why? So you're telling me the COVID virus is the flu? What good does a flu shot do for COVID?
I think the school of thought is since there are some of the same symptoms. If you take the flu off the table as much as possible people won't say i just got a touch of the flu and ignore it.

It's mitigation on the flu side of things. It is possible to be infected with both diseases at the same time. Probably not the best situation to be in. They also want to reduce any possible strain on the healthcare system.

Last edited:
So reporting a Ct value of 30 vs 40 is somehow a revenue scheme? This whole reporting a Ct value is bunk. The vast majority qualitative assay programs run for 40 cycles on the realtime instrument. It is highly irregular to do so in a clinical setting. Typically you figure out your limit of detection (LOD) and step back a cycle or two. I can assure you UIHC does not use 40 as a threshold cutoff.
You realize some people have to retest and get two negative tests for them to come back to their place of employment? So when 40 causes a false positive for a totally non-infectious person (see UK chart) then it becomes a revenue stream. If 30 ct shows negative for said employee then testing ends. Does a deceased cancer victim with a 40 ct positive test (with no infectious viral load) count as a covid death? Your assurance that UIHC doesn't use 40 ct positive tests doesn't mean anything without documentation verifying such. Thanks.

You realize some people have to retest and get two negative tests for them to come back to their place of employment? So when 40 causes a false positive for a totally non-infectious person (see UK chart) then it becomes a revenue stream. If 30 ct shows negative for said employee then testing ends. Does a deceased cancer victim with a 40 ct positive test (with no infectious viral load) count as a covid death? Your assurance that UIHC doesn't use 40 ct positive tests doesn't mean anything without documentation verifying such. Thanks.
Had a coworker test 4 times after he showed no more symptoms before he got a negative result.

Reactions: hawkosx

Students must have shots for other diseases what's one more?

Reactions: CaboKP

To answer your question, yes in many states those who test positive within 30 days of death counts as a death with COVID.

To answer your question, yes in many states those who test positive within 30 days of death counts as a death with COVID.

They don't "automatically" categorize as a Covid death. The complications must generally be in line with what are typical for Covid. That said, there are a LOT of them. Lung, renal failure, heart, etc etc.

I don't get the worry.

Trump said there will be a vaccine by the end of the year, "probably a lot sooner."

Fauci said that there will be a vaccine "in a few months."

One will be announced before the election, and people will be getting shots by Thanksgiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT