ADVERTISEMENT

If there is one courthouse I despise going to, it is Polk.

If there is one type of burp I can't stand, it's a crab burp. So stinky. Anyway.....thanks for letting me hang out

Objection! I think they all suck, but then against I’m not visiting as a lawyer.

But......today I'm looking forward to it. (Yes, can't sleep again)

I will try to get some photos for you folks if/not if of DSM's finest.

Hand picture obviously
Awesome story. A little weird you wander around courthouses taking photos of people. But you do you bud.

maxresdefault.jpg

A hearing on transfering guardianship for a disabled person. I was like do there really need to be 5 attorneys here?

Anyway, its done and over with. I was solely there as the Agency attorney as one our employees had to testify. (essentially to keep any confidential information to come out; and to support our staff member).

You know how nervous some people can be if they are not used to testifying.

Which one do you think is better? Story county?

I like Story's, Boone's, Dallas', Webster's. I mean Polk is beautiful. It is just too chaotic for me.

I even like Hardin's. There is a dead spot in the courtroom that you are up and talking, it completely mutes your voice. Strangest thing.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I like Story's, Boone's, Dallas', Webster's. I mean Polk is beautiful. It is just too chaotic for me.

I even like Hardin's. There is a dead spot in the courtroom that you are up and talking, it completely mutes your voice. Strangest thing.
What your are used to. I like Polk best by a long shot.

I’m more of a Marshall or Hamilton.

random question for lawyer/judge ( @Jimmy McGill ) types if i may:
i have a court date for driving with expired reg (apparently i forgot for a year). cop wrote ticket but said if i show up in court with paid up current registration, the judge will likely waive the nearly 700$ fine. do i need to make up a story or will “sorry i forgot” do? that said i think already told the cop i just forgot.

Reactions: Moral
i have a court date for driving with expired reg (apparently i forgot for a year). cop wrote ticket but said if i show up in court with paid up current registration, the judge will likely waive the nearly 700$ fine. do i need to make up a story or will “sorry i forgot” do? that said i think already told the cop i just forgot.

A criminal is in our midst.

A decent County Attorney will agree to dismiss with court costs to you (not a lot of money). Some CA's are assholes. Those were all handled by me as magistrate when I was doing that work. I worked with a few different CA's. I pretty much strongarmed them within allowance to make them settle with Defendants that cleared up their shit. People need to get work. If you start penalizing them by asking to have their licenses dinged, it just creates a cycle.

That being said, I was a hardass on the defendants that got picked up for Driving Under Suspension and then were stupid enough to drive to the courthouse, park outside my window, and then lied to me about how they got to court.

Honesty should be rewarded. "hey, I screwed up, I forgot, I am having to take time off of work to be here.

Do you live in Iowa? BC if so, they drastically increased the fines since I left the bench. That is way high. I can't imagine that is right

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT