ADVERTISEMENT

If Ultra MAGA is a threat to Democracy....Why are Democrats doing this?

If they're a threat....this seems pretty irresponsible. Have to check back in and see if any of these clowns they helped get elected.

Because even if moderate Republicans win, they will be out-numbered by the extremists, anyway.

MM and others have demonstrated no willingness, whatsoever, in standing up to them. You can count the number of GOP legislators on one hand who will, including Cheney and Kinzinger. Not sure there are many others. Romney is AWOL.

Because even if moderate Republicans win, they will be out-numbered by the extremists, anyway.

MM and others have demonstrated no willingness, whatsoever, in standing up to them. You can count the number of GOP legislators on one hand who will, including Cheney and Kinzinger. Not sure there are many others. Romney is AWOL.
I agree with the articles premise. It’s playing with fire.

If they are a threat the D’s shouldn’t be helping them out…period.

Maybe they simply don’t believe their own apocalyptic rhetoric.

So they can't win on their own merits?

Agreed. Would much rather have a healthy GOP that acknowledges reality, even if - especially if - they win.
The entire GOP is done and doesn't. The question is why do so many people not care that or embrace the fact the GOP is an Authoritarian cult? But here we are back to both sides and it's the Dems fault..Amazing

The entire GOP is done and doesn't. The question is why do so many people not care that or embrace the Authoritarian GOP cult. But here we are back to both sides and it's the Dems fault..Amazing
How do you feel about D leadership helping out Ultra MAGA candidates?

Reactions: goldmom
The DNC has made a calculated guess that the moderate Republican still exists and will be paying attentention. I understand the strategy, but I fear it could be more of a hope than a guess. And I say that because I have a vivid memory of the spell that JFK, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 43 and even Obama cast over the electorate. I have grave doubt that the "normal" GOP voter, if they still exist, will have awakened from the spell that Trump has cast over them in just two years.

Reactions: EasyHawk
The entire GOP is done and doesn't. The question is why do so many people not care that or embrace the fact the GOP is an Authoritarian cult? But here we are back to both sides and it's the Dems fault..Amazing
Keep using the word authoritarian while the most authoritarian president in history figures out a way to get doloras umbridge in your house without a warrant.... it looks good on you...

So they can't win on their own merits?

Do you think the extremist Republicans are "winning on their own merits"?
Or lying and grifting the public with nonsense propaganda?

They shut down a WI school this spring with bomb threats, for defending a trans student.
Is that the America you are "for"?

Reactions: Chishawk1425

They shut down a WI school this spring with bomb threats, for defending a trans student.
The usual suspects here will never get it.

Reactions: WheresWaldorf
Dems are not good at strategery.
Orange man bad and covid is trumps fault worked out well. Identity politics has had mixed results but seems to be a favorite.

They seem to be a lot better at strategy than governing, but that's sort of the case with any politician since winning is more about appealing to voters than actually having expertise in anything.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
this is so stupid. can we just have a political party who doesn’t want to risk burning down the country to gain power? i don’t think that’s too much to ask.
Largely agree. ^^ At the root of these "tactics" is an insatiable thirst for power. We are unfortunately in a "the means justify the ends" era, as opposed to one of integrity, fairness, etc. Both parties do this, perhaps in slightly different ways, but the end goal is the same...get elected and get to DC where somehow elected officials are able to amass large, personal fortunes over time.

I would love to see another party emerge that "gets it" and appeals not to the extreme fringe elements, but to still a gigantic section of this country that is plenty happy to go to work, enjoy a wide range of personal freedoms, pay some tax to cover the expenses of maintaining such a society, raise our kids in peace, etc, etc.

So it's not about compromise or finding solutions to problems, it is, in fact, about power and control. smh
So...explain the "compromises" the GOP has made. What are the GOP's solutions to...well...anything? They controlled everything for two years under Trump. Did they get their health care bill passed...whatever it is? Did they get an infrastructure bill? Immigration reform? It's about power and control but one party at least has a plan for what they want to do with that. The GOP has no f'n idea what to do with "power and control" beyond enriching the already wealthy and preventing "godless communism".

BTW the strategy is simple. They believe their chances are greatly improved if they're facing a Maga.

If reasonable Republicans like Glenn Youngkin win primaries, they'll obliterate dems. Truth is magas may too, but they're easier to paint as extremists in general elections.

So...explain the "compromises" the GOP has made. What are the GOP's solutions to...well...anything? They controlled everything for two years under Trump. Did they get their health care bill passed...whatever it is? Did they get an infrastructure bill? Immigration reform? It's about power and control but one party at least has a plan for what they want to do with that. The GOP has no f'n idea what to do with "power and control" beyond enriching the already wealthy and preventing "godless communism".
The GOP didn't have anywhere near the hand the current dems have and the dems can't get shit done. They both block each other, it goes both ways.

Reactions: MikeyHawk

I'll take that as a "yes" to my question. You don't think Dems can win on their own merits.

You are like many others unfortunately. You will rationalize your hate for America and make excuses while complaining about Republicans the whole time. Why don't you admit to yourself you hate what America stands for and you will do anything you can to destroy it. Your entire democratic party embraces it with their allowing unknown thousands of criminals and drugs to come across the southern border, their intentional release and nonprosecution of criminals, the excusing or violent antifa/BLM protests in the summer of 2020, the claims that all police are corrupt, all whites are racist and intentional "green" policies to keep fuel prices high so low and middle Americans suffer.

It is unfortunate but the modern democratic party is actively working to cripple America.

Do you care that the DNC is funding GOP candidates?

Yes or No

Do you care that the DNC is funding GOP candidates?

Yes or No
It is beyond sad and despicable we are here because 1 party has given up on Democracy and peaceful transfer of power and accepting voting results. This is a risky and tactical play by them considering the current climate and status of the party turned Cult. There is no moderate Republican platform or agenda so I get the play and it is disgusting we are here. This isn't the result of the Dems however.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT