ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't celebrate Christmas, how hard should you try to keep your kids away from it?

Christmas really isn't a "religious" holiday anymore...that's secondary. Santa isn't a religious figure...

You can celebrate the holiday without practicing Christianity. Use it as a Thanksgiving 2.0 with gifts.

To each their own though....
I didn't read the article so not sure if they addressed Jehovah Witnesses... they aren't allowed to celebrate anything other than God. No Christmas (based on Pagan), birthdays, nothing.

I didn't read the article so not sure if they addressed Jehovah Witnesses... they aren't allowed to celebrate anything other than God. No Christmas (based on Pagan), birthdays, nothing.

If the hard core Evangelicals weren't hypocrites, they wouldn't celebrate Christmas either. I mean, besides all of the pagan aspects, Jesus wasn't born in the winter.

Christmas really isn't a "religious" holiday anymore...that's secondary. Santa isn't a religious figure...

You can celebrate the holiday without practicing Christianity. Use it as a Thanksgiving 2.0 with gifts.

the gifts you speak of are for JC’s birthday

You cannot really get away from it being a religious holiday until you rename it Merry Chadmas

And then celebrate every man named Chad

Christmas is a Christian Holy Day which celebrates the
birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Christmas is also a secular holiday with Santa Claus who
brings gifts to children.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
The date the church set to celebrate Christ's birth is not pagan. Trees, gifts, etc, are. JW's should still celebrate Dec 25 or pick some other date to do so.

Look at some historical documents on the subject.

Start by watching “Christmas with the Kranks” and then “Krampus”. That’ll straighten up that kooky kid.

It appears Muslims are as dumb and fragile as Christians. How do they feel about the Starbucks holiday cups?

Enjoy the extra days off work you dumb fu@ks.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. What I wouldn’t do is write an article complaining about how difficult it is to avoid Christmas festivities. Gotta be honest, this column was a bit off-putting to me. As I was reading this piece it reminded me of some evangelical complaining about how hard it’s getting to avoid all this “gay pride stuff” and how “I have nothing against gays but now it’s getting to be everywhere and they’re kinda shoving it down our throats and nobody’s respecting my religious beliefs,” etc etc.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. What I wouldn’t do is write an article complaining about how difficult it is to avoid Christmas festivities. Gotta be honest, this column was a bit off-putting to me. As I was reading this piece it reminded me of some evangelical complaining about how hard it’s getting to avoid all this “gay pride stuff” and how “I have nothing against gays but now it’s getting to be everywhere and they’re kinda shoving it down our throats and nobody’s respecting my religious beliefs,” etc etc.
Christmas is part of US culture....if you live in the US it's just something you have to deal with.

Non Muslims deal with Ramadan and other religious oriented holidays in primarily Muslim countries.

Just the way it is...

As an atheist, It's still a fun holiday. The best parts of Christmas have pagan roots anyway.

From the article...

“I honestly think the most harm comes from how it's presented as this innocuous, almost secular tradition when its roots are so decidedly pagan," says Dr. Nuha Mulk, mother of a toddler girl. "I can easily see future generations of Muslims celebrating Christmas because it's fun or seems harmless.

That's because it is harmless Mom....don't over think things.

Reactions: JWolf74 and unIowa
From the article...

“I honestly think the most harm comes from how it's presented as this innocuous, almost secular tradition when its roots are so decidedly pagan," says Dr. Nuha Mulk, mother of a toddler girl. "I can easily see future generations of Muslims celebrating Christmas because it's fun or seems harmless.

That's because it is harmless Mom....don't over think things.

She needs to find ways to make her religion more fun.

Back when i was a kid, the whole family went to church Christmas eve, Mom was 1 of 9 kids and usually at least 7 were home for the holidays with gram and pap., fun times back then and the true meaning of Christmas was celebrated.

Reactions: LuteHawk and DooBi
Back when i was a kid, the whole family went to church Christmas eve, Mom was 1 of 9 kids and usually at least 7 were home for the holidays with gram and pap., fun times back then and the true meaning of Christmas was celebrated.
That sounds horribly boring. Y'all ever play the penis game to make it more entertaining?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT