ADVERTISEMENT

If you enjoy Ill Swine Eye Tears....

I get it if you are a HS player announcing where you are going and want to set up a date to announce and celebrate with family and friends etc. But is it really necessary when announcing if you are transferring or not and where to? Seriously Kofi just let us know now that you are leaving for Kentucky. Instead he's going to mess with Illini fans causing anxiety and heartache and maybe a little hope before he crushes their souls. Second thought go ahead and wait a few days Kofi.

DearestWeakBandicoot-max-1mb.gif

So he's making an "announcement" that he is going to back to school in August? Riveting. The ego's of some of these kids is pretty amazing.
Unfortunately there are way to many people out there stroking these egos or we'd see less of it. Just as all these sites wait on every word of where some 17 year old kid is going to get his free education. It really has gotten way out of hand. These days were waiting on word of 8th graders and where we think they may "GRACE" the halls of some fine institution of higher learning...

I get it if you are a HS player announcing where you are going and want to set up a date to announce and celebrate with family and friends etc. But is it really necessary when announcing if you are transferring or not and where to? Seriously Kofi just let us know now that you are leaving for Kentucky. Instead he's going to mess with Illini fans causing anxiety and heartache and maybe a little hope before he crushes their souls. Second thought go ahead and wait a few days Kofi.
Illini fans have no souls.

We fill that empty spot with the crushed hopes and dreams of Iowa fans. Last year absolutely topped me off.

You are on both of our boards today. Nice.

You fit the sterotype of the Illini fan nicely. Last year was frustrating but Iowa still earned a 2 seed and had the POTY. Nothing to cry about.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
We fill that empty spot with the crushed hopes and dreams of Iowa fans. Last year absolutely topped me off.
Not winning the conference, a Round of 32 exit, and basically having an identical season to Iowa’s from a W/L perspective “topped you off?” (ultra-sus)

Good to know the Illinois bar is through the floor. At least you don’t cling to the glory day expectations like Nebraska football fans I guess

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Except for the Big Ten Tourney title…

I guess we have a blind spot for actual hardware because we haven’t earned any in a decade and a half.
More like a blind spot for victories that few outside of the winning team’s fan base remember or care about, are negligible in terms of recruiting impact, and mean even less when you don’t make it past the Round of 32 in the tournament. Every time that upperclassmen-laden Illinois team with a POY candidate is discussed in a positive fashion, a “but” will ensue

Unless you get a trophy or hang a banner in your house, I equate Illinois winning the Big Ten Tournament to Luka Garza winning NPOY. A really cool honor for the school that makes you wonder why the team couldn’t accomplish more when the season was on the line

More like a blind spot for victories that few outside of the winning team’s fan base remember or care about, are negligible in terms of recruiting impact, and mean even less when you don’t make it past the Round of 32 in the tournament. Every time that upperclassmen-laden Illinois team with a POY candidate is discussed in a positive fashion, a “but” will ensue

Unless you get a trophy or hang a banner in your house, I equate Illinois winning the Big Ten Tournament to Luka Garza winning NPOY. A really cool honor for the school that makes you wonder why the team couldn’t accomplish more when the season was on the line
Lol

Hardware is hardware.

You can rationalize it any way you want. Their team won the Big Ten Tournament (and won the most games in the Big Ten Regular season). It goes in the record books for posterity, and you do, indeed, hang a banner for it.

NPOY is an individual honor. Not the same thing at all. Not “identical.” lol

Lol

Hardware is hardware.

You can rationalize it any way you want. Their team won the Big Ten Tournament (and won the most games in the Big Ten Regular season). It goes in the record books for posterity, and you do, indeed, hang a banner for it.

NPOY is an individual honor. Not the same thing at all. Not “identical.” lol
Do you know “ “ means? If BTT championships are a needle mover for you, cool

Do you know “ “ means? If BTT championships are a needle mover for you, cool
To say Iowa had an identical season to a team that won the most games in the regular season and won the BTT is silly.

It’s so Iowa though — “We haven’t won a goddamn thing since 2006 but your program ain’t no bettern ours is!”

lol

Stump F’ing dumb.

To say Iowa had an identical season to a team that won the most games in the regular season and won the BTT is silly.

It’s so Iowa though — “We haven’t won a goddamn thing since 2006 but your program ain’t no bettern ours is!”

lol

Stump F’ing dumb.
You are struggling with these quotes and representing anything I said

So he's making an "announcement" that he is going to back to school in August? Riveting. The ego's of some of these kids is pretty amazing.
I'm thinking he's getting his NIL money early. Illinois has lots of millionaires...He just did all this to get his money before the season.....

Reactions: illinielite
I struggle in general
You and me both brother. To be clear, I don’t think that Iowa is currently at the same or better level as Illinois as a basketball program, or even that Iowa had as successful of a season last year as Illinois, especially since they beat us head to head twice. Would definitely take a BTT championship over a POTY as well

Talking about how last year “topped off” (still weird) Illinois fans as if they somehow were head and shoulders above Iowa is a gross exaggeration though. They won two more Big Ten games than us and won a tournament which really isn’t that significant in the grand scheme of things

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT