ADVERTISEMENT

If you get Cade, this is what you're getting (long)

Hey dick...I didn't try to paint Cade as the lab experiment son of John Elway, Mahomes, Roger's, etc.

If you don't think that Cade was the leader in the lockerroom post 2020 then you are just uniformed and wrong. I understand that Haskins had a great impact on the field...but he followed Cade
All he said was you were overdoing it. Bit of an overreaction…

You said he IS the reason Michigan made the playoff last year. You said you'd never seen a college/Michigan qb better at the line of scrimmmage. Those 2 statements right there are ridiculous. You may just be f'ing with these guys though. If so, bravo.
Meh. After this past year, Cade could be missing a leg and Iowa fans would still be excited about the transfer.

You said he IS the reason Michigan made the playoff last year. You said you'd never seen a college/Michigan qb better at the line of scrimmmage. Those 2 statements right there are ridiculous. You may just be f'ing with these guys though. If so, bravo.
Yes...

I said that I've never seen a better Michigan QB at making adjustments at the LOS...he put us in the right plays...I've also never seen us give a QB that amount of responsibility which says a lot

Cade's leadership is well documented. It is not an issue for debate. He was THE leader in the turn around. There was a reason he was still voted captain by his teammates when everyone knew it was just a matter of time before he lost QB1 to JJ...who yes is the better athlete.

Dude...I'm mean dude...stfu...you're being ridiculous

Meh. After this past year, Cade could be missing a leg and Iowa fans would still be excited about the transfer.
You should be excited. Cade is solid. You play defense and special teams like you usually do and you'll win 9-10 games with your schedule next year and you'll be the favorites in the west. You're just not getting the best college qb at the line of scrimmage. You're not getting someone who is "deadly" accurate on any pass with regularity and you're sure as hell not getting "the" reason Michigan made the playoff last year. The guy who said all that is either a poser or is just blowing smoke up your ass.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
Hey dick...I didn't try to paint Cade as the lab experiment son of John Elway, Mahomes, Roger's, etc.

If you don't think that Cade was the leader in the lockerroom post 2020 then you are just uniformed and wrong. I understand that Haskins had a great impact on the field...but he followed Cade
Absolutely, you are correct. Cade led that locker room and set a better example than his head coach.

You should be excited. Cade is solid. You play defense and special teams like you usually do and you'll win 9-10 games with your schedule next year and you'll be the favorites in the west. You're just not getting the best college qb at the line of scrimmage. You're not getting someone who is "deadly" accurate on any pass with regularity and you're sure as hell not getting "the" reason Michigan made the playoff last year. The guy who said all that is either a poser or is just blowing smoke up your ass.
He won't have Michigan's OL or WRs.

Color me skeptical that he will make that much of a difference.

Not to mention he is being thrust into an archaic offense. Not sure what he's thinking.

"Instrumental" was my word, and that is a fact. Appreciate your opinion on the kids strengths and weaknesses though.
He's a Hawkeye now, we've got it from here.

As some of you know, Michigan had a QB "controversy" this past off season and while I was never firmly on one side I was kind of rooting for Cade for reasons that should be obvious by the end of this post. With that said, I will start off by addressing the negatives first:

1A) Cade doesn't have the strongest arm. Yes, when you put him side by side with a guy with an elite arm you can tell the difference. But, he can still make all the throws.

1B) Cade will throw to the wide open receiver 10 yds down field instead of the slightly open guy deep. Yes, he does that and will do that 5 more times in that drive...and if you can run the ball you end up with the same result...7 points. He's a bit risk adverse but he scores points. And btw, if the deep guy is wide open he throws it to him.

2) Cade is not a running QB. You don't design runs around him. However, he knows when to bail and sometimes even gains some yards you didn't know he had in him. Most importantly he is masterful in avoiding negative plays...he moves around the pocket quite well and gets rid of the ball when he needs to...also will to take a hit to keep you from getting behind the sticks.

3) Cade is not the tallest guy. Every once in awhile he will bounce a ball off one of his OL's helmets. I don't know what to say except block better and don't have your OL get pushed back.

4) (now we start to get positive) I've never seen a Michigan/college QB that is better at getting his O into the right play at the LOS. His reads pre-snap are insanely good and the fact that his coaches gave him the freedom to make them says a crap ton.

5) The ball comes out of his hand super quick and he is deadly accurate on short and medium(ish) throws. Michigan led the nation in plays +20 yards last year. The main reason is because Cade led his receivers and put them in a position to run. I've read this board enough to know some of you bang your heads against the wall about throwing to receivers short of the sticks on 3rd down...Cade does that often...but he puts them in a position to run another 10, 20, 30, 40, 50+ yds more

6A) His teammates trust him and he owns the huddle. It's hard to explain until you see it. It's like a line of baby ducks following their momma. I wish I could explain this better...his confidence becomes their's

6B) His best attributes aren't seen on the field. They are felt in the lockerroom and during the offseason. He IS the reason Michigan went to the playoff last year and despite not really playing past the 1st game this year, he's the reason we are going back. He and Hutch were the reason for the culture change at Michigan. It was more than words but the way they worked and handled themselves.

7) If he can't figure out how to run your O it's not because it is too complicated...it's because it is stupid...football IQ is his superpower

So yes...I hope you don't get him...don't want to (potentially) face him
sounds pretty similar to Petras and Padilla (s)

Amen, BrewHawk!! I'm very close to boycotting this site because of all the negativity lately. Just look at today with the portal. People losing their minds about Johnson then Mc Namara commits. Let's see when the dust settles after the portal closes. I'm somewhat afraid that Mr Proctor will see some of these negative posts and will affect his decision as well. Let's stay more positive.

Reactions: TRE 12
Amen, BrewHawk!! I'm very close to boycotting this site because of all the negativity lately. Just look at today with the portal. People losing their minds about Johnson then Mc Namara commits. Let's see when the dust settles after the portal closes. I'm somewhat afraid that Mr Proctor will see some of these negative posts and will affect his decision as well. Let's stay more positive.

hot-wives-calm-down.gif

Ofc I do.

But just bc I want him gone doesn't mean I don't appreciate this program (and Kirk) and want what's best for it. And in the meantime I'm able to get excited about positive news and developments.
I get that. But also think Brian being let go/moving on is the most positive thing that can happen for this program, and by a wide margin. He has put together a pretty damning record.

I'm sensing you are mentally handicapped.

1) What does best ever at the LOS mean to you? To me it means the coaches through film review set him up to make certain adjustments at the LOS and he is great at it. This includes putting the team in a secondary play which he is coached to do.

2) I never ever said he is deadly accurate on "any" pass. I said he he deadly accurate in short and medium(ish) passes. He is. Great Ball placement with a quick release. Down field is a different story mostly because he doesn't have an elite arm.

As some of you know, Michigan had a QB "controversy" this past off season and while I was never firmly on one side I was kind of rooting for Cade for reasons that should be obvious by the end of this post. With that said, I will start off by addressing the negatives first:

1A) Cade doesn't have the strongest arm. Yes, when you put him side by side with a guy with an elite arm you can tell the difference. But, he can still make all the throws.

1B) Cade will throw to the wide open receiver 10 yds down field instead of the slightly open guy deep. Yes, he does that and will do that 5 more times in that drive...and if you can run the ball you end up with the same result...7 points. He's a bit risk adverse but he scores points. And btw, if the deep guy is wide open he throws it to him.

2) Cade is not a running QB. You don't design runs around him. However, he knows when to bail and sometimes even gains some yards you didn't know he had in him. Most importantly he is masterful in avoiding negative plays...he moves around the pocket quite well and gets rid of the ball when he needs to...also will to take a hit to keep you from getting behind the sticks.

3) Cade is not the tallest guy. Every once in awhile he will bounce a ball off one of his OL's helmets. I don't know what to say except block better and don't have your OL get pushed back.

4) (now we start to get positive) I've never seen a Michigan/college QB that is better at getting his O into the right play at the LOS. His reads pre-snap are insanely good and the fact that his coaches gave him the freedom to make them says a crap ton.

5) The ball comes out of his hand super quick and he is deadly accurate on short and medium(ish) throws. Michigan led the nation in plays +20 yards last year. The main reason is because Cade led his receivers and put them in a position to run. I've read this board enough to know some of you bang your heads against the wall about throwing to receivers short of the sticks on 3rd down...Cade does that often...but he puts them in a position to run another 10, 20, 30, 40, 50+ yds more

6A) His teammates trust him and he owns the huddle. It's hard to explain until you see it. It's like a line of baby ducks following their momma. I wish I could explain this better...his confidence becomes their's

6B) His best attributes aren't seen on the field. They are felt in the lockerroom and during the offseason. He IS the reason Michigan went to the playoff last year and despite not really playing past the 1st game this year, he's the reason we are going back. He and Hutch were the reason for the culture change at Michigan. It was more than words but the way they worked and handled themselves.

7) If he can't figure out how to run your O it's not because it is too complicated...it's because it is stupid...football IQ is his superpower

So, I'll admit that this still concerns me a bit.

I have watched every Michigan game that he has started. I played college football and my father was a college coach. I know as much about him as you do. I know significantly more about college football than you do. Your comments are worthless and not very accurate.

I have watched every Michigan game that he has started. I played college football and my father was a college coach. I know as much about him as you do. I know significantly more about college football than you do. Your comments are worthless and not very accurate.
Your post seems like something said in a B grade horror movie

You're kind of creepy

As a Michigan fan since the 1970's I've always respected the Iowa football program...one of the Big Ten programs I admire the most. With that said I think you are getting a really good QB in Cade McNamara. No he doesn't have the strongest arm and isn't the fastest QB but he most certainly is a competitor who is very mentally tough. He also is smart and an accurate passer. I was pulling for him to win the job at the start of the year but JJ was just a better athlete with a stronger arm who won the job. Your football program just got better by adding Cade to your team. I hope he lights it up against every team but Michigan next year. Best wishes!

As a Michigan fan since the 1970's I've always respected the Iowa football program...one of the Big Ten programs I admire the most. With that said I think you are getting a really good QB in Cade McNamara. No he doesn't have the strongest arm and isn't the fastest QB but he most certainly is a competitor who is very mentally tough. He also is smart and an accurate passer. I was pulling for him to win the job at the start of the year but JJ was just a better athlete with a stronger arm who won the job. Your football program just got better by adding Cade to your team. I hope he lights it up against every team but Michigan next year. Best wishes!
dude Petras was recruited with a 5.1 40-yard dash. McNamara is an Olympic sprinter compared to him.

dude Petras was recruited with a 5.1 40-yard dash. McNamara is an Olympic sprinter compared to him.
Cade is by no means slow...he moves well in the pocket and can occasionally run for a first down if the pocket breaks down. You're just not going to do any design runs with him....that is not his strength. He's a competitor, a leader and competent. Your QB room just improved significantly.

Cade is by no means slow...he moves well in the pocket and can occasionally run for a first down if the pocket breaks down. You're just not going to do any design runs with him....that is not his strength. He's a competitor, a leader and competent. Your QB room just improved significantly.

You saw our QB room, of course it did. He's not a corps.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I can understand why Ellobo started the thread.

But 2 other UM guys going to another school's site to argue against Ellobo? That is just effin' weird.
I'm not sure one of them is an actual Michigan fan...the other is just an idiot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT