ADVERTISEMENT

If you get Cade, this is what you're getting (long)

Ellobo is overdoing it. You got a solid qb and a good leader. No more, no less. Compared to what you had this year Cade is Tom Brady but JJ beat him out because he's better in every way. Alot of people, Cade included, have overblown his importance to last year's success. Hassan Haskins and Aiden Hutchinson carried the team and elevated everyone else

This is all I needed to read. Hopefully it proves to be true.

As some of you know, Michigan had a QB "controversy" this past off season and while I was never firmly on one side I was kind of rooting for Cade for reasons that should be obvious by the end of this post. With that said, I will start off by addressing the negatives first:

1A) Cade doesn't have the strongest arm. Yes, when you put him side by side with a guy with an elite arm you can tell the difference. But, he can still make all the throws.

1B) Cade will throw to the wide open receiver 10 yds down field instead of the slightly open guy deep. Yes, he does that and will do that 5 more times in that drive...and if you can run the ball you end up with the same result...7 points. He's a bit risk adverse but he scores points. And btw, if the deep guy is wide open he throws it to him.

2) Cade is not a running QB. You don't design runs around him. However, he knows when to bail and sometimes even gains some yards you didn't know he had in him. Most importantly he is masterful in avoiding negative plays...he moves around the pocket quite well and gets rid of the ball when he needs to...also will to take a hit to keep you from getting behind the sticks.

3) Cade is not the tallest guy. Every once in awhile he will bounce a ball off one of his OL's helmets. I don't know what to say except block better and don't have your OL get pushed back.

4) (now we start to get positive) I've never seen a Michigan/college QB that is better at getting his O into the right play at the LOS. His reads pre-snap are insanely good and the fact that his coaches gave him the freedom to make them says a crap ton.

5) The ball comes out of his hand super quick and he is deadly accurate on short and medium(ish) throws. Michigan led the nation in plays +20 yards last year. The main reason is because Cade led his receivers and put them in a position to run. I've read this board enough to know some of you bang your heads against the wall about throwing to receivers short of the sticks on 3rd down...Cade does that often...but he puts them in a position to run another 10, 20, 30, 40, 50+ yds more

6A) His teammates trust him and he owns the huddle. It's hard to explain until you see it. It's like a line of baby ducks following their momma. I wish I could explain this better...his confidence becomes their's

6B) His best attributes aren't seen on the field. They are felt in the lockerroom and during the offseason. He IS the reason Michigan went to the playoff last year and despite not really playing past the 1st game this year, he's the reason we are going back. He and Hutch were the reason for the culture change at Michigan. It was more than words but the way they worked and handled themselves.

7) If he can't figure out how to run your O it's not because it is too complicated...it's because it is stupid...football IQ is his superpower

So yes...I hope you don't get him...don't want to (potentially) face him
Lol at Michigan fan spending so much time on this board. Rent free is always amazing!!!

Hey dick...I didn't try to paint Cade as the lab experiment son of John Elway, Mahomes, Roger's, etc.

If you don't think that Cade was the leader in the lockerroom post 2020 then you are just uniformed and wrong. I understand that Haskins had a great impact on the field...but he followed Cade
You're coming on our board and calling someone a dick? You're such a badass.

You're spare parts, Bud. Also, you're 10 ply.

I'm sensing you are mentally handicapped.

1) What does best ever at the LOS mean to you? To me it means the coaches through film review set him up to make certain adjustments at the LOS and he is great at it. This includes putting the team in a secondary play which he is coached to do.

2) I never ever said he is deadly accurate on "any" pass. I said he he deadly accurate in short and medium(ish) passes. He is. Great Ball placement with a quick release. Down field is a different story mostly because he doesn't have an elite arm.
No, he isn't. See the int he threw in the Big Ten title game. Or the Ohio State game.

ALL I CAN SAY IS YES! Major upgrade for us. Hoping we can keep & snag a few good receivers for him to throw to. TEs will be fine. OL will be improved with proctor immediately. Maybe get 1-2 OL for depth, but things are definitely looking up!

As some of you know, Michigan had a QB "controversy" this past off season and while I was never firmly on one side I was kind of rooting for Cade for reasons that should be obvious by the end of this post. With that said, I will start off by addressing the negatives first:

1A) Cade doesn't have the strongest arm. Yes, when you put him side by side with a guy with an elite arm you can tell the difference. But, he can still make all the throws.

1B) Cade will throw to the wide open receiver 10 yds down field instead of the slightly open guy deep. Yes, he does that and will do that 5 more times in that drive...and if you can run the ball you end up with the same result...7 points. He's a bit risk adverse but he scores points. And btw, if the deep guy is wide open he throws it to him.

2) Cade is not a running QB. You don't design runs around him. However, he knows when to bail and sometimes even gains some yards you didn't know he had in him. Most importantly he is masterful in avoiding negative plays...he moves around the pocket quite well and gets rid of the ball when he needs to...also will to take a hit to keep you from getting behind the sticks.

3) Cade is not the tallest guy. Every once in awhile he will bounce a ball off one of his OL's helmets. I don't know what to say except block better and don't have your OL get pushed back.

4) (now we start to get positive) I've never seen a Michigan/college QB that is better at getting his O into the right play at the LOS. His reads pre-snap are insanely good and the fact that his coaches gave him the freedom to make them says a crap ton.

5) The ball comes out of his hand super quick and he is deadly accurate on short and medium(ish) throws. Michigan led the nation in plays +20 yards last year. The main reason is because Cade led his receivers and put them in a position to run. I've read this board enough to know some of you bang your heads against the wall about throwing to receivers short of the sticks on 3rd down...Cade does that often...but he puts them in a position to run another 10, 20, 30, 40, 50+ yds more

6A) His teammates trust him and he owns the huddle. It's hard to explain until you see it. It's like a line of baby ducks following their momma. I wish I could explain this better...his confidence becomes their's

6B) His best attributes aren't seen on the field. They are felt in the lockerroom and during the offseason. He IS the reason Michigan went to the playoff last year and despite not really playing past the 1st game this year, he's the reason we are going back. He and Hutch were the reason for the culture change at Michigan. It was more than words but the way they worked and handled themselves.

7) If he can't figure out how to run your O it's not because it is too complicated...it's because it is stupid...football IQ is his superpower

So yes...I hope you don't get him...don't want to (potentially) face him
Another thing that makes him attractive to Kirk, great character and he is respected by his team mates since they elected him as one of the Michigan Captains this season.

Reactions: natchrlman
I can understand why Ellobo started the thread.

But 2 other UM guys going to another school's site to argue against Ellobo? That is just effin' weird.
Honestly (and apologies to any Michigan fans who are not like this....because I am sure there are one or two of you), that's what Meatchicken people do. They go around spreading their self-appointed superiority, and condescendingly scoff at those who dare feel they can stand up in the presence of the "Mighty Michigan Man"

It's why they are so easy to hate, and why it's been so rewarding getting the better of them frequently in the last 10-15 years. I just hope that is not completely slipping away, as it appears to be.

#7 - All Iowa fans know it's stupid.
There isn't actually anything wrong with the actual offense, the problem lies with the lack of rhythm or reason in the play calling and development of the players at skill positions and recently the line. Schematically it's a fine offense.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I wonder if this happened so fast as an attempt by BF to save his job because a portal stampede out the door is coming Monday and he wants to try to sway some guys in staying instead. Hopefully not.

Thank you for the post. It was awesome, please keep posting!

You said he IS the reason Michigan made the playoff last year. You said you'd never seen a college/Michigan qb better at the line of scrimmmage. Those 2 statements right there are ridiculous. You may just be f'ing with these guys though. If so, bravo.
I’m one of those guys and that post made me giggle for 5 minutes…… Bravo!

There isn't actually anything wrong with the actual offense, the problem lies with the lack of rhythm or reason in the play calling and development of the players at skill positions and recently the line. Schematically it's a fine offense.
Like the fact he gets the ball out quick.

Reactions: BBHawk
Grain of salt time. This OP is the same guy that was trying to sell us that the UM campus was federal territory where AA police had no authority because it is a "land-grant" institution. That's some real big phooey there. Not to be trusted.

Grain of salt time. This OP is the same guy that was trying to sell us that the UM campus was federal territory where AA police had no authority because it is a "land-grant" institution. That's some real big phooey there. Not to be trusted.
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
former Michigan player

This is exactly what I was talking about that a certain poster who claims to be a Michigan guy can't wrap his head around.

A fwiw...Robbins is not a former player...he is expected to play tomorrow...though as a 6th year covid guy it might seem like he should have graduated years ago

that’s all you’ve done all season 🙄 smh
Concerning how many people are incapable of nuanced thought.

Wanting the OC who has the worst aggregate results in the nation the past 3 years fired is not being negative and critical of every aspect of the Iowa football program.

I have been vocal numerous times that my preferred outcome would be for Kirk to stay but to modernize the O with an OC he gives some free reign.

How is wanting Brian gone, considering his horrible results, even remotely unreasonable or insufferable?

Wanting the OC who has the worst aggregate results in the nation the past 3 years fired is not being negative and critical of every aspect of the Iowa football program.

I have been vocal numerous times that my preferred outcome would be for Kirk to stay but to modernize the O with an OC he gives some free reign.

How is wanting Brian gone, considering his horrible results, even remotely unreasonable or insufferable?
Unreasonable or unrealistic?

It's not going to happen, you and I and EVERYONE knows it. What do you call it when someone keeps asking for the same thing over and over again even though it's not going to happen? Very close to the definition of insanity.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

you referenced burning down the house and are someone I’ve viewed as totally negative all season…… add your moniker in and it’s laughable you saying you don’t understand the burn it all down approach to fandom

apparently you see yourself differently than I do……. thought it was about a hypocritical post as I’ve ever seen

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT