ADVERTISEMENT

If you had one wish to change something about the Iowa Football team...

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
What would you change? It can be anything from the starting lineup or recruiting. Change of QB, defense, offense or even dare I say coaching? I know it’s a broad question but wondered what other fans would do.. or shall I say change?

Mine? Simple ... as many fans have stated I wish KF and staff would get the other WB’s on the roster more time on the field so when it comes to starting their first game it isn’t such shell shock factor like a deer in the headlights.... I know Petras stated he was pretty nervous at the beginning of the game -fair enough... I truly think he’s going to blossom into a damn good qb given time and protection as Iowa’s oline needs to play like gang busters and get back to being the bullies of the BT...

I think overall they did play well as a unit but missed some blocking and of course that will happen ...

Trying to keep a positive attitude on the team in this CRAP bucket of a season if you want to call it that. I just wished they wouldn’t of fumbled the ball and especially during the end of the game .. that just stung as Iowa hasn’t been able to put away teams when it’s a tight game too many mental errors - here’s to the coaching staff and the Iowa team bouncing back in a big way.. one game at a time

tenor.gif

"I wish"

We could get a legitimate dual threat QB. We have had something like a 60%(ish) completion rating and it doesn't seem unreasonable to match that and have a guy who is a actual threat running the ball in open space. The BF offense would look alot better if occasionally we got a first down because the QB was able to make a play with his feet.

Last edited:
I'd wish they'd play to win in the fourth quarter instead of playing not to lose. And BLITZ 70% of the time on a good passing team.

KF has a Masters in the Belichick program in getting the most out of his team.

I wish he would have pursued his doctorate

There are so many things, I don't know where to start. I guess the summation is something I've been saying for about 14 years------I'd like a new coach.

I'm not in the "fire Ferentz" crowd, because simply getting a new coach would not suffice. I want one that's better and new != better. In fact, quite often new == worse.

If I get one wish, I’m going big and asking to win every game for the rest of time.

There are so many things, I don't know where to start. I guess the summation is something I've been saying for about 14 years------I'd like a new coach.
Right here. New coaching staff, this program is stale and needs new blood. Oh wait, Brian discovered the wildcat 15 years after everyone else did, it's not stale.

I wish games against the likes of Purdue and Northwestern weren't toss up games.

I know it is NEVER going to happen, but I'd like our coaches to learn the RPO. Right now, we make things way to easy for the defenses we face. By how we line up, they know exactly what is coming. Our scheme hasn't surprised anyone in well over a decade.
We can put Goodson in the Wildcat, but since there is absolutely no chance he's going to step back and throw the ball, all 11 defenders can run straight at him.
If we could run an effective RPO, we'd get the occasional dual threat quarterback wanting to play here. Ironically, our pro-style offense is becoming a thing of the past in professional football.

Can I get two things please?

1) Mobileish QB- they dont have to be a burner but you have to be able to detect the pressure and know when to take off. Far too often we have a pure pocket guy and it doesn't fit with our offense to be that limited. It is one more element that puts pressure on the D and our best teams had guys that knew how and when to scramble. Tate, Banks, CJ, Stanzi

2) 4-3 defense in obvious passing situations when we have stopped the run all game long. This has bothered me for years. Hard to be super critical of PP and his defense but it is something I never understood. Glad we are starting to notice it with the CASH spot but we saw it again last Saturday and it cost us the game...again. True LBs have no business covering a slot receiver regularly. Saturday put us at a disadvantage though since we couldn't stop the run.

ADVERTISEMENT