ADVERTISEMENT

If you had / where able to replace one coach on the wrestling staff ...

What about the magic man for coaching neutral wrestling? As an add on, not replacing anyone.
100%. I have no hate for m* . He’s a hawk and I’m a fan.

If I could choose it would be diversifying 157>197 coaching from neutral. A world level talent.

We have the best light weight coaches on the planet. But it does no good if the clowns out east win 4 titles between 157-heavy. Too much to overcome.

If I could choose it would be diversifying 157>197 coaching from neutral. A world level talent.

We have the best light weight coaches on the planet. But it does no good if the clowns out east win 4 titles between 157-heavy. Too much to overcome.
It'd be nice if @ao_coachphil could convince J'Den to join the good guys. Flo said today that he stopped training with Nate Jackson and went to Michigan to train

Reactions: el dub

Unfortunately, you've got some points there. Maybe we need more coaches, not replacements.

Reactions: Tcalumet and el dub
i would replace m* because he got his own program, only if that's what he wants.

Replace Tom brands with cael.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Iron Doc and el dub
Don't see a need to replace any current coaches.
Last season was pure bad luck with injuries.

Dang some of yall got big mad. I just answered the question.. replace the #2 overall head coach in the country with the #1.. seemed like an easy pick given the topic tbh..

Dang some of yall got big mad. I just answered the question.. replace the #2 overall head coach in the country with the #1.. seemed like an easy pick given the topic tbh..
Wrong message to the wrong audience. Maybe you thought you were over on BWI.
On second thought, THEY woulda kicked your butt far worse than we would for even suggesting this.
A safer pick woulda been your nose with a chain saw.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Unfortunately, you've got some points there. Maybe we need more coaches, not replacements.
Right - title of thread was “replace”, but frankly who cares how if we are able to bring on more talent to develop needed skill sets at certain weights to win titles.

diversity in where coaches come from; I would think helps as well with different perspectives and getting more high end talents.

Ed Ruth PSu - coaching Illini
Andrew Howe wis - coaching NW

No every coach has to be a former hawk.

They would be a hawk as soon as they joined the squad.

we seem to only hire former hawks as coaches. Based on this if we wanted a multiple time ncaa champ and prolific scorer as a upper weight coach theirs not much to choose from if we only look for hawks in the last decade.

just my humble opinion - but remember - I had the worst idea of the day this week soo…..

Don't see a need to replace any current coaches.
Last season was pure bad luck with injuries.

was it luck or strength and endurance training issues? If the latter, then I can think of one coach who needs to be replaced.

to be clear I am not advocating one way or another. I am a casual fan and not at all privy to inner workings, but if there is a problem, and a human is responsible for that aspect of operations, you look at the performance of the human.

was it luck or strength and endurance training issues? If the latter, then I can think of one coach who needs to be replaced.

to be clear I am not advocating one way or another. I am a casual fan and not at all privy to inner workings, but if there is a problem, and a human is responsible for that aspect of operations, you look at the performance of the human.
No shit?

ADVERTISEMENT