ADVERTISEMENT

If you have low blood pressure

This ought to raise it a bit

I know this ref was hot garbage, he blew the first take down on the edge and called ADS for stalling after taking a shot. Those are crap calls, but if ADS rides out that first period I think he wins. It's a 19 sec ride out after he gets his first "official" take down, that's an important point not to give up. ADS also got caught flat footed with that blast double off the whistle in the third. The ref screwed him but he still had chances. Tough loss, I feel bad for ADS, but he will not lose to Pletcher again.

I was very upset with the hands to the face call (because they barely called it all tournament and i think if his name wasnt austin desanto they let that go) and the stalling call on desanto. Those are 2 big points. But desanto has to keep wrestling and not let a questionable call or 2 lose him the match.
I think desanto can improve next year even though the weight class probably gets more difficult. Desanto just needs to diversify his attacks. If he can get a strong opposite side single or anything to the other leg he will be unstoppable from neutral. I expect that to happen this off-season

Also rewatching that I didn't realize how much pletcher wrestled with his left arm back as well. Shows desanto needs to develop more variety in his range of attacks but how can they (pletcher/rby) feel comfortable in their offense if they are literally wrestling with one hand behind their back. Pretty obvious who is being offensive in those matches

I know this ref was hot garbage, he blew the first take down on the edge and called ADS for stalling after taking a shot. Those are crap calls, but if ADS rides out that first period I think he wins. It's a 19 sec ride out after he gets his first "official" take down, that's an important point not to give up. ADS also got caught flat footed with that blast double off the whistle in the third. The ref screwed him but he still had chances. Tough loss, I feel bad for ADS, but he will not lose to Pletcher again.
I hope AD learns how to somewhat ride in the off season. This would benefit him big time

Reactions: #10Hawk
I hope AD learns how to somewhat ride in the off season. This would benefit him big time

I honestly don't think that he likes to ride. He has not interest in it, he's also looking over at TnT asking if he should do an optional start. I love his tenacity, but being able to keep an opponent down at the end of period is huge.

I honestly don't think that he likes to ride. He has not interest in it, he's also looking over at TnT asking if he should do an optional start. I love his tenacity, but being able to keep an opponent down at the end of period is huge.
I completely agree. I don't believe he likes to ride also, as he just wants to go, go, go and score some more. But, when you get a TD with less than 20-25 seconds to go, its beneficial to ride your opponent out and save that 1 point escape and its very important in big matches.

Also rewatching that I didn't realize how much pletcher wrestled with his left arm back as well. Shows desanto needs to develop more variety in his range of attacks but how can they (pletcher/rby) feel comfortable in their offense if they are literally wrestling with one hand behind their back. Pretty obvious who is being offensive in those matches

I watch this arm thing and I can’t get away from the fact that this is stalling, at least from the view that you can’t be as offensive with one hand “tied behind your back”

But then I also think that it isn’t any different than changing your stance and leading with a different leg to offset your opponents shots.

Thoughts?

I wish the official could explain the stalling on Desanto's shot. The takedown at the end is a judgement that even if I disagree with I can also understand how judgement call can go. The stalling is bizarre though, maybe he just raised the wrong hand.
Burying your head into your opponent and driving him out of bounds is stalling.

You can not watch this and not A) get your Blood Pressure up and B) not believe the Refs. are not bias against IOWA!

The very obvious call was the "shoot out" stalling on DeSanto.

Please watch the entire match closely. For example watch from the 8 minute mark. DeSantos on bottom working his ass off with pletcher doing nothing. Gets out at about 8;14 mark, immediately starts going after him. Pletcher backs away to the outa bounds and the Ref blows the whistle stopping the match and singles what exactly????

From where I am from, he signals POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS?????

All I can ASS-U-ME is he was afraid pletcher would keep backing up and Austin would drive his ass into the table!!!!!!

It's not as obvious as you think. If you go back and count the shots, Pletcher out shoots Desanto 11-9.

Say what you want, our supposed best conditioned wrestler got taken down twice in the 3rd period, the last time with 17 secs left. He was the more tired of the two at the end which is why he lost. Pletcher didn't do shit first 2 periods which he never does, but you cant give up 2 3rd period take downs.

Burying your head into your opponent and driving him out of bounds is stalling.
I would agree that it is stalling if the only thing he is doing is pushing. But he was setting up all of his shots from driving forward so in that case it should not be stalling. As for the last takedown, it was a judgement call, but I do think ADS got his hand off the mat and Pletcher never got control. Hips were never covered and he never had ADS under control.

You can not watch this and not A) get your Blood Pressure up and B) not believe the Refs. are not bias against IOWA!

The very obvious call was the "shoot out" stalling on DeSanto.

Please watch the entire match closely. For example watch from the 8 minute mark. DeSantos on bottom working his ass off with pletcher doing nothing. Gets out at about 8;14 mark, immediately starts going after him. Pletcher backs away to the outa bounds and the Ref blows the whistle stopping the match and singles what exactly????

From where I am from, he signals POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS?????

All I can ASS-U-ME is he was afraid pletcher would keep backing up and Austin would drive his ass into the table!!!!!!
NCAA lets PSU break rules with scholarships
NCAA lets PSU break rules by paying their wrestlers too much at camps
NCAA lets PSU pay the student loans after these kids graduate with their slush fund
NCAA refs are bias against Iowa.
Does coming up with excuses ever get old?

Not redirecting the head and circling back to the middle is more egregious as far as stalling is concerned...remember there are ways to avoid getting pushed out of bounds.
Pletcher tried that, he tried pushing back and tried circling back in bounds. Do you really think it is easy to push a guy out of bounds with legs like Pletcher has?

Desanto just buries his head and pushes people, that's not offense and by rule pushing someone out of bounds is indeed stalling.

I would agree that it is stalling if the only thing he is doing is pushing. But he was setting up all of his shots from driving forward so in that case it should not be stalling. As for the last takedown, it was a judgement call, but I do think ADS got his hand off the mat and Pletcher never got control. Hips were never covered and he never had ADS under control.
Setting up shots by pushing someone to the edge? That's a good one, maybe he should work on his setups better.

Pletcher tried that, he tried pushing back and tried circling back in bounds. Do you really think it is easy to push a guy out of bounds with legs like Pletcher has?

Desanto just buries his head and pushes people, that's not offense and by rule pushing someone out of bounds is indeed stalling.
Austin is great at controlling his inside tie and moving his opponents round the mat. Sometimes I think he gets his tie and pushes guys out just looking for a stall call but the stalling that is being referenced in this thread was a horrible call. ADS shot Pletcher off the mat and that should be calledagainst Pletcher 100% of the time.

The stall being referenced in this thread, ADS literally lowered levels and took a shot, even got his arm around a knee, and Pletcher backed straight up out of bounds.

That is an indefensible stalling call on Austin.

If you want to call it action and give no stall calls to either guy, because Pletcher had been trying to circle in before that, then fine. But in what world is a legitimate shot attempt correctly called as stalling?

The stall being referenced in this thread, ADS literally lowered levels and took a shot, even got his arm around a knee, and Pletcher backed straight up out of bounds.

That is an indefensible stalling call on Austin.

If you want to call it action and give no stall calls to either guy, because Pletcher had been trying to circle in before that, then fine. But in what world is a legitimate shot attempt correctly called as stalling?
The ref is smarter than an Iowa fan and saw him push Pletcher to the edge then do a fake shot to try to get a stall call. If he wanted to take a legitimate shot he would have taken it in the center where Pletcher could not escape.

No, not easy to push a guy like Pletcher out, that's why it was stalling on Pletcher, he backed out when AD shot.

The ref is smarter than an Iowa fan and saw him push Pletcher to the edge then do a fake shot to try to get a stall call. If he wanted to take a legitimate shot he would have taken it in the center where Pletcher could not escape.

Huh?

it all boils down to him not having a varied offense. hopefully he works with Lee on riding and 1 armed guys.

Reactions: Mattski
At 1:25 on the match clock in the first period there is a series where ADS captured a leg and Pletcher fled the mat.

How can ADS have a legitimate shot in the center when Pletcher is running the whole time? I think the rules of action and stalling are to open for interpretation and create BS calls both ways. Get rid of them and have a pushout period! Are you telling me that Pletcher cant hold his own against a pushing bully? BS If they push you snap, circle, and secure a takedown.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Also even if action takes you to the edge in good chain wrestling and you fight off a shot and go out of bounds you can get called for stalling which I think is so stupid. If that same chain happened in the middle of the mat there is no stall call. Why the difference?

Superduck would be nice, any misdirection. I know he has the speed and setup for ankle and knee pics.

Edit: Opponents should have hid their right arm and elbow from Sorensen.

Last edited:
that's all past, future ads will own him, tost lightweights plateau . austin will wave on his way bye and never look back

NCAA lets PSU break rules with scholarships
NCAA lets PSU break rules by paying their wrestlers too much at camps
NCAA lets PSU pay the student loans after these kids graduate with their slush fund
NCAA refs are bias against Iowa.
Does coming up with excuses ever get old?

Does being a brain dead moron get you free government money?

I want to see DeSanto develop a go-to move to opponent's left side when opponent is keeping the left arm back. A duck or a sweep single or a heel pick. If he can nail that 51% of the time he'll be unstoppable.

Terry or Lee or Perry, which of you is going to take on that task please?

ADVERTISEMENT