ADVERTISEMENT

If you reject the vaccine, reject the hospital bed too

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Apparently, folks who don’t want to get vaccinated against COVID feel they’re being persecuted for what they consider a personal choice. Their thinking, I guess, is if others are safe from the coronavirus after getting jabbed, why does everyone else have to do so as well?

But seems to me anti-vaxers don’t have any such reluctance to take up hospital beds when they suffer serious effects of COVID themselves, which seems kind of hypocritical. I mean, if you’re going to commit, then commit all the way.

Walk the walk, baby. Otherwise, you’re just making a half-assed stand – denouncing medicine that could save you if you get hit with this thing, but then embracing it when you wind up suffering the consequence of your own actions.

That’s one of the reasons vaccinated people get annoyed with the anti-vaxers. Those who reject vaccines claim it’s nobody’s business but their own, but whenever there’s a COVID-related surge hospitals seem to run out of beds, and the anti-vaxxers are taking up a lot of them.

Agree with OP. Let’s also refuse hospital beds for those who catch heart disease but refuse to give up bacon.
I agree but its a false correlation. You need to wait until there is a vaccine to prevent bacon from clogging your arteries and then it would have to be someone with heart disease from bacon that didn't take the vaccine. The thing about the Covid vaccine is, you don't have to give up ANYTHING that you love.

Apparently, folks who don’t want to get vaccinated against COVID feel they’re being persecuted for what they consider a personal choice. Their thinking, I guess, is if others are safe from the coronavirus after getting jabbed, why does everyone else have to do so as well?

But seems to me anti-vaxers don’t have any such reluctance to take up hospital beds when they suffer serious effects of COVID themselves, which seems kind of hypocritical. I mean, if you’re going to commit, then commit all the way.

Walk the walk, baby. Otherwise, you’re just making a half-assed stand – denouncing medicine that could save you if you get hit with this thing, but then embracing it when you wind up suffering the consequence of your own actions.

That’s one of the reasons vaccinated people get annoyed with the anti-vaxers. Those who reject vaccines claim it’s nobody’s business but their own, but whenever there’s a COVID-related surge hospitals seem to run out of beds, and the anti-vaxxers are taking up a lot of them.

What if you’re in the hospital for non Covid related issues and test positive and you’re not vaccinated?

But he's not wrong.
You guys equate hard working farmers lobbying the government to dead beats that haven’t worked a day in their life. Every industry lobby’s the federal government. Also, if you don’t carry your own insurance for a drought or hail you will not make it as a farmer if your crop did get taken out.

Counter point:

If you think anyone is going to change a thing because you post something on message board, stfu and go do something productive with your life.

What if you’re in the hospital for non Covid related issues and test positive and you’re not vaccinated?
merlin_141438078_59c60602-29fb-4d32-bdd4-e1cb9c200785-articleLarge.jpg

You guys equate hard working farmers lobbying the government to dead beats that haven’t worked a day in their life. Every industry lobby’s the federal government. Also, if you don’t carry your own insurance for a drought or hail you will not make it as a farmer if your crop did get taken out.
Your federally subsidized crop insurance? Got it.

No, doesn't work.

1) Most of the people actually think they're making medically intelligent decision. They think there is a real risk associated with the vaccine, or that the risk outweighs the benefits.

2) Medical professionals aren't in the business of judging people for why they got sick. Everyday they see people that made poor lifestyle decisions. Their business is health and saving lives, they're not moralists and we don't want them to be.

3) Most of the time hospitals have room for people sick with covid.

About the only way I see this working is if they have to ration care. In that case it wouldn't bother me much.

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
You continuously repeat this stupidity in every covid thread despite it routinely being pointed out how dumb of a comparison it is. Do you think it suddenly had become funny or insightful?
Nope, never have. Link it.

You continuously repeat this stupidity in every covid thread despite it routinely being pointed out how dumb of a comparison it is. Do you think it suddenly had become funny or insightful?

If it points back to the larger consideration of a physician not judging based upon lifestyle, it's a valid point.

(even if not a great apples to apples comparison, so to speak)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT