ADVERTISEMENT

If you reject the vaccine, reject the hospital bed too

If it points back to the larger consideration of a physician not judging based upon lifestyle, it's a valid point.

(even if not a great apples to apples comparison, so to speak)
It has nothing to do about a physician judging someone's life style. We'll treat anyone, no matter their choices.

However this is an issue of resource utilization. One group is related to chronic conditions brought on by multiple factors, which includes long standing poor health choices. None of the causes have a readily available free vaccine that would prevent it. These patients have always been there and have not overrun the system. The other is a group of selfish morons who reject science and the recommendations of health care experts. Then show up demanding all of the resources available to save their life, at the detriment of other patients. They are overrunning the system.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do about a physician judging someone's life style. We'll treat anyone, no matter their choices.

However this is an issue of resource utilization. One group is related to chronic conditions brought on by multiple factors, which includes long standing poor health choices. None of the causes have a readily available free vaccine that would prevent it. The other is a group of selfish morons who reject science and the recommendations of health care experts. Then show up demanding all of the resources available to save their life, at the detriment of other patients.

I don't think you have the selfish angle for a lot of these people since they're just miss-informed. I get the annoyance with them.

I get the resource issue, and I think it makes enough sense to move them to the bottom of the list if you're having issues with resources... but beyond that, it seems everybody is stuck with them.

You continuously repeat this stupidity in every covid thread despite it routinely being pointed out how dumb of a comparison it is. Do you think it suddenly had become funny or insightful?
Are people with heart disease saturating the availability of hospital beds?

Apparently, folks who don’t want to get vaccinated against COVID feel they’re being persecuted for what they consider a personal choice. Their thinking, I guess, is if others are safe from the coronavirus after getting jabbed, why does everyone else have to do so as well?

But seems to me anti-vaxers don’t have any such reluctance to take up hospital beds when they suffer serious effects of COVID themselves, which seems kind of hypocritical. I mean, if you’re going to commit, then commit all the way.

Walk the walk, baby. Otherwise, you’re just making a half-assed stand – denouncing medicine that could save you if you get hit with this thing, but then embracing it when you wind up suffering the consequence of your own actions.

That’s one of the reasons vaccinated people get annoyed with the anti-vaxers. Those who reject vaccines claim it’s nobody’s business but their own, but whenever there’s a COVID-related surge hospitals seem to run out of beds, and the anti-vaxxers are taking up a lot of them.

Can we do the same thing with violent criminals? You shoot a cop and the cop shoots you back, no hospital bed? Right?

But we don’t do that.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Apparently, folks who don’t want to get vaccinated against COVID feel they’re being persecuted for what they consider a personal choice. Their thinking, I guess, is if others are safe from the coronavirus after getting jabbed, why does everyone else have to do so as well?

But seems to me anti-vaxers don’t have any such reluctance to take up hospital beds when they suffer serious effects of COVID themselves, which seems kind of hypocritical. I mean, if you’re going to commit, then commit all the way.

Walk the walk, baby. Otherwise, you’re just making a half-assed stand – denouncing medicine that could save you if you get hit with this thing, but then embracing it when you wind up suffering the consequence of your own actions.

That’s one of the reasons vaccinated people get annoyed with the anti-vaxers. Those who reject vaccines claim it’s nobody’s business but their own, but whenever there’s a COVID-related surge hospitals seem to run out of beds, and the anti-vaxxers are taking up a lot of them.

Seems like a racist policy

Seems like a racist policy

I can only speak for the Atlanta area. The vaccine is widely available to everyone. Regardless of race. I'd say if it is a person's choice to not be vaccinated (and not because the medically cannot) then they should stick to their guns and decline the hospital resources.

I can only speak for the Atlanta area. The vaccine is widely available to everyone. Regardless of race. I'd say if it is a person's choice to not be vaccinated (and not because the medically cannot) then they should stick to their guns and decline the hospital resources.
So a government policy that disproportionately negatively effects black people is ok?

Confusing times we live in….

You guys equate hard working farmers lobbying the government to dead beats that haven’t worked a day in their life. Every industry lobby’s the federal government. Also, if you don’t carry your own insurance for a drought or hail you will not make it as a farmer if your crop did get taken out.
So, the farmers are just hard working people lobbying the Federal government. And all the rest are deadbeats who haven’t worked a day in their lives.

If it’s money from the taxpayers it’s still welfare no matter how you try to rationalize it.

Are people with heart disease saturating the availability of hospital beds?
They are not. They're a population that has been a constant for a long time, predating covid. The change has been the pandemic. And a vast, vast majority of those currently are the unvaccinated.

Reactions: mstp1992
I don't think you have the selfish angle for a lot of these people since they're just miss-informed. I get the annoyance with them.

I get the resource issue, and I think it makes enough sense to move them to the bottom of the list if you're having issues with resources... but beyond that, it seems everybody is stuck with them.
The selfishness is rejecting a proven vaccine recommended by healthcare professionals, then showing up sick demanding all the resources and knowledge from those same healthcare experts to save their lives.

These people purposefully consume garbage misinformation that confirms their preconceived positions. Perhaps we should consider their ability to easily buy into clear nonsense a mental disorder.

You guys equate hard working farmers lobbying the government to dead beats that haven’t worked a day in their life. Every industry lobby’s the federal government. Also, if you don’t carry your own insurance for a drought or hail you will not make it as a farmer if your crop did get taken out.
Perfect MAGA. Brain all jumbled up with a grab bag of incoherent, unconnected grievances, thoughts and ideas.

FDR and the Democrats started all the farm subsidies in the '30s. The goal was to insure a constant and affordable food supply, necessary for a stable economy. Welfare is now generational charity with no end in sight...
LOL, "welfare" should barely be an issue because this country spends so little on what types like you define it as. The concentration on this "issue" by Republicans was one of the most disgusting aspects of the party pre-Trump.

Appeal to the worst in your base and demonize the poor and powerless.

Uh, no. It shouldn't work that way.

eanc41xinwe81.jpg

That's about as dumb as years ago when idiots were saying people with AIDS who didn't use a condom should be denied treatment. Same song, second verse.

Reactions: CaboKP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT