ADVERTISEMENT

If you season your steak with salt, pepper, butter, or anything...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
You are a pathetic loser. You're a poor who can't afford a good cut of steak. You're still one step above Trump.

I season beef tenderloin with salt and pepper then finish by basting with butter and several sprigs of fresh thyme.

Sometimes I serve it with a wine sauce.

Otherwise, tenderloins are pretty flavorless.

I believe the answer is to have a steak cook off tournament. I will volunteer to be a judge and will travel around to the HROT mansions to judge and rank who prepared the best steaks.

Will sexual favors from your model wife help in placing in the top 5? No! Of course not! Who do you think I am?

.....but it won't hurt either..

I not sorry for saying this but screw you OP. You absolutely have to put salt on a steak.
Also it must the the OP is too unsophisticated to order steak at a fine dining restaurant knowing it will blow away his bland piece of meat he has been eating.

Best steak you will ever have:

1. Liberally salt (you can’t overdo it), some pepper
  2. Into a vacuum sealed bag with rosemary and butter
  3. Sous vide about 1 hour set to desired temperature...medium rare for me and Ms. traveler
  4. Sear on either a blazing hot skillet, grill or under broiler, couple mins max each side
  5. Serve
  6. Reap praise and rewards from your significant other
You’re welcome.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

3. Sous vide about 1 hour set to desired temperature...medium rare for me and Ms. traveler
  4. Sear on either a blazing hot skillet, grill or under broiler, couple mins max each side
  5. Serve
You’re welcome.
Well I now have a good idea for tomorrow's menu.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
I have USDA Prime NY strips for tonight. I might actually marinate them. I like steaks done a lot of different ways.

Last night I got a couple pounds of cecina. Made a paste of ancho, arbol, guajillo, puya entero, garlic, oil, and a little Thai chili oil. Spread on the cecina, rolled them into cigars, into the fridge for 30 minutes.

Steamed some cauliflower, boiled some Yukon golds. Made a silky smooth purée.

Got some coals lit. Unrolled the meat onto the grill, cooks super fast as the Mexican market cuts that shit super thin. Charred a few pobanos while doing the meat.

Minced the poblanos and put them in a little cast iron with some butter and a few cloves of garlic. Let that cook down and then boat+motored that into the potato-cauliflower purée. Seasoned with kosher salt and toasted peppercorns freshly ground.

Made a dressing of rough-chopped cilantro, fine-chopped red onion, fresh lime juice, salt, a touch of oregano.

Warmed up some tortillas on the grill. Chopped the cecina into like fat matchsticks. Tacos built by a spread of the purée, the cecina, and finished with the “half-pico”.

I’ve become a big fan of cecina. Fun to mess with.

You are a pathetic loser. You're a poor who can't afford a good cut of steak. You're still one step above Trump.

Totally false. Salt, pepper and a dose of cumin. Need a crust on the outside of that thing.

@Moral shortened it to steakbros. I think I called them Boy Scout steak nerds. They're problematic and their web footprint is widening. Pretty soon they're going to feel empowered enough to try to start steak conversations with strangers at the grocery store.

The dumbest arguement in life is telling people what you can and cannot do with your steak. Why is it so important to people and who really gives a flipping crap?

We are having steak frites for dinner tonight so going to make a nice Béarnaise sauce

I've heard here the only thing that should be used with a fine cut of meat is ketchup.

Sounds like a massive fight bar rumble is about to steak take place...
giphy.gif

5. Serve
You’re welcome.
I do the same except for step 4 I just put the grill grate on top of the charcoal chimney and let the flames blast it for two minutes/side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT