ADVERTISEMENT

If you think consumer prices are high now just wait - ‘Do the Math!’ Democratic Rep. Tries to Explain Her $50 Minimum Wage Proposal!!

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa

‘Do the Math!’ Democratic Rep. Tries to Explain Her $50 Minimum Wage Proposal to Befuddled Rivals During Senate Debate.​

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) speaking at California Senate debate

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) insisted at a Monday night debate with her fellow Democrats that a $50 an hour minimum wage makes sense.

Lee first called for a $50 minimum wage last year while campaigning for the California Senate seat previously occupied by the late Dianne Feinstein. Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Katie Porter (D-CA) are also seeking to grab the seat. Compared to Lee, her fellow Democrats Schiff and Porter have called for an increase in the minimum wage to $20 to $25/hours. Lee’s proposal would make it so minimum wage workers earn $104,000 annually.

At a Monday night debate with Schiff, Porter, and Republican Steve Garvey (who does not support any minimum wage increase), Lee defended her plan when pushed on how such a dramatic increase could be sustainable.

“In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way that came out with a report that very recently $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by,” she said. “Another survey very recently: $104,000. For a family of one, barely enough to get by low income because of the affordability crisis.”

The federal minimum wage is $7.25, but a number of states have enacted their own standards. In California, the minimum wage rate is $16/hour, but that number slightly increases for fast food and healthcare workers.

Lee’s fellow candidate Schiff listened intently from the side as Lee broke down her plan and explained, “just do the math!” The congresswoman also dismissed Schiff and Porter’s calls for an increase as not enough, especially for Californians.

“Just do the math! Of course we have national minimum wages that we need to raise to a living raise,” she said. “You’re talking about 20, 25 dollars, fine, but I have got to be focused on what California needs and what the affordability factor is when we calculate this wage.”

Everyone gets $100k minimum... Well as long as the "modern economic theorists" are in charge we can just print more money...like the Germans did 100 years ago...

I love this idea. The best part is it won't cause anything else to go up. Make fifty dollars and hour and pay the prices at the current rate now.

Where do they come up with this BS. They need coloring books and crayons not running for office.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954

‘Do the Math!’ Democratic Rep. Tries to Explain Her $50 Minimum Wage Proposal to Befuddled Rivals During Senate Debate.​

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) speaking at California Senate debate

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) insisted at a Monday night debate with her fellow Democrats that a $50 an hour minimum wage makes sense.

Lee first called for a $50 minimum wage last year while campaigning for the California Senate seat previously occupied by the late Dianne Feinstein. Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Katie Porter (D-CA) are also seeking to grab the seat. Compared to Lee, her fellow Democrats Schiff and Porter have called for an increase in the minimum wage to $20 to $25/hours. Lee’s proposal would make it so minimum wage workers earn $104,000 annually.

At a Monday night debate with Schiff, Porter, and Republican Steve Garvey (who does not support any minimum wage increase), Lee defended her plan when pushed on how such a dramatic increase could be sustainable.

“In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way that came out with a report that very recently $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by,” she said. “Another survey very recently: $104,000. For a family of one, barely enough to get by low income because of the affordability crisis.”

The federal minimum wage is $7.25, but a number of states have enacted their own standards. In California, the minimum wage rate is $16/hour, but that number slightly increases for fast food and healthcare workers.

Lee’s fellow candidate Schiff listened intently from the side as Lee broke down her plan and explained, “just do the math!” The congresswoman also dismissed Schiff and Porter’s calls for an increase as not enough, especially for Californians.

“Just do the math! Of course we have national minimum wages that we need to raise to a living raise,” she said. “You’re talking about 20, 25 dollars, fine, but I have got to be focused on what California needs and what the affordability factor is when we calculate this wage.”

I think it should be $500/hr.
Lets burn the mf dollar down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT