ADVERTISEMENT

If you thought advertisers were listening to you through your phone, you are correct...

NoleATL

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Hopefully not a Pepsi.

REPORT: Advertisers Are Indeed Eavesdropping On You​

September 3, 2024 Advertising, Technology

Futurism reports:
In a pitch deck to prospective customers, one of Facebook’s alleged marketing partners explained how it listens to users’ smartphone microphones and advertises to them accordingly.
As 404 Media reports based on documents leaked to its reporters, the TV and radio news giant Cox Media Group (CMG) claims that its so-called “Active Listening” software uses artificial intelligence (AI) to “capture real-time intent data by listening to our conversations.”
“Advertisers can pair this voice-data with behavioral data to target in-market consumers,” the deck continues.
Read the full article.

they even know whether you switch a tv channel, which tv ad you linger on…using your phone. this is more apparently more effective than traditional nielson surveys so much so that even nielson resorts to/buys phone data

so i’ve heard from reliable sources

• Wow
Reactions: NoleATL
Considering how much Siri struggles to hear me or when I say ‘Representative’ while on phone with support, I’m not that worried
that is more like a spouse who intentionally does not hear

Reactions: NDallasRuss
We all kind of knew this right? You can't assume an ad about snorkeling comes up after you tell a story about snorkeling. It was always more of a coincidence, right?

The Patriot Act opened the doors for all of this. They framed it as being for our safety and we were so scared of getting attacked again, we all just nodded along

Hopefully not a Pepsi.

Futurism reports:

Read the full article.

I think this was considered a far right extremist conspiracy theory about 10 years ago. Funny how things change.

Reactions: goldmom
Hopefully not a Pepsi.

Futurism reports:

Read the full article.

This has been obvious for several years.

Now I want to see if there's any kind of setting on my phone that will disable/prevent "active listening".

MV5BZjEwZmIyZjQtZDc2MS00MzdiLTk5OTYtMWE5NzVjNjE4MWFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkzNTM2ODg@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Hawk_82
If you talk about committing terrorist acts, how long will it be before the FBI shows up at your door?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT