ADVERTISEMENT

If you were in charge . . . who would you select as the new Athletic Director?

JoelBittner

HR MVP
Jun 14, 2010
Iowa has shown itself as a place which treats its AD pretty good. I think it will be an opening which attracts talented people.

What about Tom Jurich from Louisville? He's really turned Louisville football around, and he helped elevate the basketball program even from it's proud past.

Also, maybe Chris Del Conte from TCU as a runner up.

What about Tom Jurich from Louisville? He's really turned Louisville football around, and he helped elevate the basketball program even from it's proud past.

LOL, no. Anyone that could hire Bobby Petrino, twice, should have no place in our athletics department. Ever. The whole Louisville Basketball hooker fiasco is just icing on the scumbag cake.

LOL, no. Anyone that could hire Bobby Petrino, twice, should have no place in our athletics department. Ever. The whole Louisville Basketball hooker fiasco is just icing on the scumbag cake.

Agree on Jurich. Get the best woman or man possible, I don't really care if they have Iowa ties or not. It will likely not be a super-attractive job initially, depending upon what comes of the Griesbaum and DOE investigations. Barta will be retained until those things are resolved or done, so that whoever the next person is would understand exactly what they are dealing with. At that point, the university will show it's "cleaning house" by getting new leadership. Depending on the outcome of the DOE investigation, or the internal investigation announced by the university prez, whoever the AD is will be operating under a ton of auditing/oversight by university and outside agencies. Some otherwise qualified candidates might take a hard pass on that situation.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc

I didnt remember the hookers, just the results! I agree that's maybe not a good option for Iowa. He can't be worse than Barta has been!

Agree on Jurich. Get the best woman or man possible, I don't really care if they have Iowa ties or not. It will likely not be a super-attractive job initially, depending upon what comes of the Griesbaum and DOE investigations. Barta will be retained until those things are resolved or done, so that whoever the next person is would understand exactly what they are dealing with. At that point, the university will show it's "cleaning house" by getting new leadership. Depending on the outcome of the DOE investigation, or the internal investigation announced by the university prez, whoever the AD is will be operating under a ton of auditing/oversight by university and outside agencies. Some otherwise qualified candidates might take a hard pass on that situation.

I've seen some speculation that the next AD will be a woman.

Litmus test during the interview: "How do you feel about pink locker rooms?"

I'm all for them = "You're hired."

They're sexist = "There's the door Lady."

I've seen some speculation that the next AD will be a woman.

Litmus test during the interview: "How do you feel about pink locker rooms?"

I'm all for them = "You're hired."

They're sexist = "There's the door Lady."

That's the sorry state that we are in unfortunately. Push the agenda, push "culture" change and if you don't fall in line you're a misogynist, racists, homophobic, gender phobe, facist and what ever trendy little titles they like to put on people.

If you think about it, it really smacks of McCarthyism.

Myself. Id get out of the Iowa St series and schedule Alabama, eliminate tailgating time limits, put KF on one year contracts so he coaches his ass off, build a state of the art wrestling facility, make Fran recruit a true PG, get the F water tower painted, drop the mic, and retire a hero.

Myself. Id get out of the Iowa St series and schedule Alabama, eliminate tailgating time limits, put KF on one year contracts so he coaches his ass off, build a state of the art wrestling facility, make Fran recruit a true PG, get the F water tower painted, drop the mic, and retire a hero.
Sign me up.

Well legal wrangling's aside, of which I doubt Gary Bart is alone in how this was handled and decided, he appears to of done an incredible job financially!

Below I have Linked an article about big-time college athletic departments and at the bottom is a table showing red and black programs. In 2004 Iowa was in the red and 2014 of which I believe we've only increased since then we are one of only six programs in the big 10 in the black.

So critics aside it appears he's done one hell of a job and I would literally be shocked if he loses his job. I don't care one way or another but as is true to this board rarely do opinions match up with facts!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2015/11/23/running-up-the-bills/?utm_term=.44932027e560

Well legal wrangling's aside, of which I doubt Gary Bart is alone in how this was handled and decided, he appears to of done an incredible job financially!

Below I have Linked an article about big-time college athletic departments and at the bottom is a table showing red and black programs. In 2004 Iowa was in the red and 2014 of which I believe we've only increased since then we are one of only six programs in the big 10 in the black.

So critics aside it appears he's done one hell of a job and I would literally be shocked if he loses his job. I don't care one way or another but as is true to this board rarely do opinions match up with facts!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2015/11/23/running-up-the-bills/?utm_term=.44932027e560

For the record the table I'm speaking of is about a third to half way down! Its a long article and based on those numbers Iowa has generated the 14th most money in the country. Pretty impressive stuff actually. Much of that is attributed to Gary B and KF for that matter.

As a result of those two gentlemen we can pretty much afford to pay our athletic director or head football coach or basketball coach just about whatever we really wanted. That's pretty incredible stuff for a little Podunk college like Iowa!

You can't be serious!

A tranny.

55882521ca2dc24e4d26ef6c_caitlyn-jenner-july-2015-vf-06.jpg

I'm not sure... but someone who has admin. and budget responsibilities to deal with a budget the size of Iowa's. not green behind the ears. Have to be able to communicate to all sports coaches and Admin.
Raising money is important. We all know the cash cow here, but don't screw the customer. Sell beer in the Stadium. It works in other places. Let students in free for athletic events. Just increase all student fees by a little to pay for it. FREE BEER TOMORROW signs in every Iowa City bar.

What else?

Since keeping the big donors happy and coughing up money is the most important thing by far, he may very well keep his job despite a lengthy list of mismanagement including the basics of properly documenting employee performance in the latest fiasco.

Since keeping the big donors happy and coughing up money is the most important thing by far, he may very well keep his job despite a lengthy list of mismanagement including the basics of properly documenting employee performance in the latest fiasco.

What are these mismanagement issues, outside of the documentation issues?

What are these mismanagement issues, outside of the documentation issues?

Thinking 7 wins is impressive is a sign of a very low football IQ. If Barta leaves you can submit your resume, but you share his limitations. So . . .

Thinking 7 wins is impressive is a sign of a very low football IQ. If Barta leaves you can submit your resume, but you share his limitations. So . . .

Whoaaa, you're out of character, this must be serious...:D. Full disclosure here, we were just trying to get you guys to admit WHY you want Barta fired and it ain't because of this hearing.

FWIW since 2001 Iowa is 25th in winning % right below Michigan and Nebbie and in front of teams like Penn St, MSU, ND, Tenn, etc.....It truly is the sign of a low football IQ to not understand historical perspective and the landscape of college football as a whole and you sir clearly do not.

Said a different way, if you were a fan of Hayden Fry you'd almost have to be a fan of Kirk Ferentz or if you hate KF you'd pretty much have to hate HF, because they mirror each other in almost every capacity.

Hayden deserves kudos for fixing what was a disaster and KF deserves them for navigating a MUCH, much tougher Big 10 and college football landscape in general.

But again, the real premises is, you don't care about the mishandling of a trial, your mad because Barta understands how valuable KF has been and you think some new guy won't...you'd be wrong, but lets not "trick ourselves about your agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: thirteenandtwo
Fairly remarkable when you think about it, isn't it Thirteen? Grown men on a message board desperately hoping the AD gets fired in the hopes of fulfilling their fantasy that one of the winningest coaches in Iowa football history might get fired by his replacement.....:p

And we wonder why the world is jacked up.......:D

Last edited:
Reactions: thirteenandtwo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT