ADVERTISEMENT

If you were KF, how would you save BFs reputation now?

KFs job is safe (thanks buyout), he doesn’t care about his own reputation, and even BF may be safe knowing Barta has no balls or leverage. He probably even wants to keep the status quo on offense/personnel/system. But the one real motivator for KF could be saving his son’s reputation and credibility, which he has to understand is on life support (if not already dead).

So say you’re KF…what would you do to try to save your son’s future!? Both realistic and creative/fun answers welcome!

If I were Kf, I’d probably publicly take the blame for the QB choice, fire Barnett, give Brian back the OL and have Budymeyer take the QBs, insert Padilla or Labas, and hope the offense shows some life the last six games.
I don't believe that Brian's reputation is either on life support or dead. My suspicions is that he is still considered an excellent position coach by those in the profession. If Iowa let him go after signing day he would have a new job within a week.

I don't believe that Brian's reputation is either on life support or dead. My suspicions is that he is still considered an excellent position coach by those in the profession. If Iowa let him go after signing day he would have a new job within a week.
middle school basketball coach doesn't count

Not without someone doing his Dad a favor.

I wouldn’t try to save his reputation. I have not read one single thing in this thread, because I have no doubt it’s an extreme lightning rod… But as I’ve said 100 times, I had no issue with Brian being hired, and I had no issue with him being promoted and I’m not naïve enough to think that Buddy’s, friends, kids, brothers, sisters, cousins aren’t hired in every job in America routinely ….

But at the end of the day he has to perform, and his reputation has to stand on its own!

I wouldn’t try to save his reputation. I have not read one single thing in this thread, because I have no doubt it’s an extreme lightning rod… But as I’ve said 100 times, I had no issue with Brian being hired, and I had no issue with him being promoted and I’m not naïve enough to think that Buddy’s, friends, kids, brothers, sisters, cousins aren’t hired in every job in America routinely ….

But at the end of the day he has to perform, and his reputation has to stand on its own!

Full confession, as I scrolled back to find my post to make sure it was edited correctly, I saw one of the old “haters” and their tripe…

These guys really are desperate to prove to anyone and everyone that Brian F is just a horrible coach. It literally makes me laugh out desperate they are!!

At this point in time, I really don’t care. I really personally would like for him to be gone but it’s not going to change the narrative in here. They won’t like the next guy either…

Their “Fan” antics and not generally reasonable!

ADVERTISEMENT