ADVERTISEMENT

If You're Vaccinated, Live Your Life...

I plan to make a weekend trip with my oldest to Atlanta soon for a game. Last year sucked and while I found other things to do, I’m happy as hell to be back in a ballpark.

Went to the game last night. First sporting event since I went to an AEW Wrestling show last February.

Technically they have a mask requirement, but zero enforcement whatsoever, other than asking you to put a mask on as you enter. Once inside, I'd say there was about 1% wearing masks. I ditched mine, it was the first time I haven't adhered to a mask requirement, but it was obvious it wasn't enforced or expected.

And got my first haircut today without a mask. I can't say I've been counting the days toward that one or anything, but a very pleasant change.

Reactions: runkpanole
Went to the game last night. First sporting event since I went to an AEW Wrestling show last February.

Technically they have a mask requirement, but zero enforcement whatsoever, other than asking you to put a mask on as you enter. Once inside, I'd say there was about 1% wearing masks. I ditched mine, it was the first time I haven't adhered to a mask requirement, but it was obvious it wasn't enforced or expected.

And got my first haircut today without a mask. I can't say I've been counting the days toward that one or anything, but a very pleasant change.
Now if the Braves bullpen didn't suck so bad, things would be even better.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Now if the Braves bullpen didn't suck so bad, things would be even better.

Well, we were there as Blue Jays fans, so it was a perfect night.

(Honestly, I don't give a shit about who won. My son adopted all Buffalo teams, which he includes the Jays, so he was there in his Jays attire, including his AAA Buffalo Bisons Guerrero Jr. jersey).

Reactions: cfbfan23
Wow. If losing the ability to:
-Get together with family for the holidays
-worship in church
-go out out to bars
-socialize with friends
-go to movies
-go to sporting events
-go to concerts
-go to weddings or have weddings
-go to funerals for people that died
-look you loved ones in the face and hug them
-go on vacation and see other places

Had no affect on what you consider "living your life"....I'm sorry that says 1000x more about you than anyone else.

I'm hardly the worlds' most adventurous or sociable person, but the self-own from the "Wait, what did you actually have to give up in the pandemic?" crowd is something else.

If it didn't cost you anything in life, it's probably best to just be quiet about it. Because it cost most people many of the things that were most important to them.
I've done over half of those things on that list while taking precautions and masking where appropriate. Tested several times without symptoms just to be sure that I was safe to see my mom or when I went on vacation. Also tested several times with allergy symptoms just to be sure so that I could be responsible about not spreading anything. The things I didn't do are things I wouldn't have done anyway. And I am one of the "living in fear" people according to some.
I do believe that living in Nebraska, or Iowa for that matter, it is easy to overlook that other states are still fairly locked down. It hasn't been that way here for quite a while. We have a mask mandate for indoors through the 25th of this month. It is set to expire then and the city council and mayor have agreed that it does not need to be extended. If it extended to outdoors I was never aware and neither apparently were any of my neighbors because I have never seen anyone out walking with a mask on. I hit my 2 weeks since the last vaccination today so I am officially fully vaccinated. I will still wear my mask if asked. It isn't a big deal to me and if that is what it takes for me to continue living my life I will happily oblige.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
My wife had her first "book group" (really just drinking/socializing) last night in over a year. There were about a dozen of them - all vaccinated - and it was outdoors. It was good to hear the hours of laughter and chatter again, even though one of them looked the gift horse (me) in the mouth and questioned one of my beverage purchases for them. Just pick a can/bottle of something else in the cooler, or bring your own shit next time.
2 bars in the past 2 weeks. One packed to the gills in 4th district dumb**** land. I smirked to myself knowing majority of those idiots weren't vaccinated. Ts and Ps

Agreed, I've been one of those guys that has done my part in the past year and avoided restaurants, bars, and have masked everywhere indoors. I'm 2 weeks past my last vaccination shot and really want to get back to some semblance of normalcy. For God's sake, I love karaoke but am being told I still shouldn't go to crowded indoor places!!
Its not really motivating to get the shot if you keep telling everybody to limit gatherings and mask up indoors once you’re vaccinated, especially if we are doing that because of the holdouts that it will take some sort of personal revelation or tragedy for them to get vaccinated

Poor Yankees can’t catch a break.

“So we'll mask back up, we'll keep our distance, we'll do whatever we have to do to get this season in.”

Stanford is anti-science & anti-vax?
Do you even read the shit you post?

Do you even read the shit you post?
Vaccines work (even on “variants”). When students are vaccinated, there is no justification to waste money, labor, and time testing them for COVID-19. And for a university like Stanford to continue this charade isn’t just a waste; it is a disgrace, and it must end, now!

Not sure you're taking the point from the article. Plenty of people don't feel like they've lived their life. I haven't been to a concert since March 2020. Live music is a huge part of my life, and I miss it terribly. I'm excited to go to concerts again.

I feel this post with every ounce of my soul. I can't wait until I can go to shows regularly again.

Vaccines work (even on “variants”). When students are vaccinated, there is no justification to waste money, labor, and time testing them for COVID-19. And for a university like Stanford to continue this charade isn’t just a waste; it is a disgrace, and it must end, now!
Stanford will no longer test vaccinated students/faculty when the Fall semester rolls around. This is simply Stanford not changing their policy in the middle of a semester. Your original post (and that knee jerk article) claim they are “anti-science and anti-vaccination.” You can claim they are slow to react, but the other claims are made by the lazy and intellectual dishonest. Stanford is also a private institution, so if you are worried about how they spend their time and money...

Last edited:
So we have an office with 8 people. We have a warehouse and we have people picking up orders 5-6 times a day plus UPS and Fed Ex. Whole office now double vaxxed except for 1 girl. 2 weeks ago KS adopted the new rules on masking which we followed. Our girls are constantly getting up and going to check parts in warehouse etc. Since all are double vaxxed no more masks required. The 1 girl that refuses to get vaccinated is still required to wear a mask when she leaves her desk. Everyone else can now roam freely. She’s upset as she feels singled out by our new policy. Thoughts?

So we have an office with 8 people. We have a warehouse and we have people picking up orders 5-6 times a day plus UPS and Fed Ex. Whole office now double vaxxed except for 1 girl. 2 weeks ago KS adopted the new rules on masking which we followed. Our girls are constantly getting up and going to check parts in warehouse etc. Since all are double vaxxed no more masks required. The 1 girl that refuses to get vaccinated is still required to wear a mask when she leaves her desk. Everyone else can now roam freely. She’s upset as she feels singled out by our new policy. Thoughts?
That's what our hospital system does during flu season. You don't have to get the vaccine but you do have to wear a mask during flu season from October to March.

Poor Yankees can’t catch a break.

“So we'll mask back up, we'll keep our distance, we'll do whatever we have to do to get this season in.”

tests don’t work anyway, probably false positives.

dvlpFc6.jpg

Reactions: runkpanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT