ADVERTISEMENT

IG report on Russiagate release day

Evidently the report is something like 500 pages. Something juicy will be in there.

The end result will be the same though. Both sides will argue they won. No one goes to jail.

FUNFACT: Whole bunch of people went to jail related to the Mueller Report. Including dozens of indictments.

Roger Stone is the latest - you could read up on that, if you wanted to get off the Fox News binging...

EDIT: Here's a scorecard, in case you've been either sleeping the entire time, or just mesmerized by rightwing media disinformation:

ELFUJhlUEAAfh2I.jpg

EDIT II: Also, this list DOES NOT include Maria Butina, so consider it isn't comprehensive - there are probably more.

Last edited:
You're really going to claim that people didn't go to prison?
manafort got exposed for what he was. Cohen as well. Some process crimes for lying in the case of Pap and Flynn.
I can see potentially a process crime with that one FBI guy but nothing earth shattering.

manafort got exposed for what he was. Cohen as well. Some process crimes for lying in the case of Pap and Flynn.
I can see potentially a process crime with that one FBI guy but nothing earth shattering.

Shorter: "Oh, shit....I forgot about all of those"

I wish this was made up, but unfortunately it’s his real statement:

That isn't the significant statement. John Durham has issued a formal statement saying he has already told the IG that, based on information he (Durham) has that Horowitz did not, he strongly disagrees with the IG's conclusions.

Take it for what it's worth. I report, you decide.

That isn't the significant statement. John Durham has issued a formal statement saying he has already told the IG that, based on information he (Durham) has that Horowitz did not, he strongly disagrees with the IG's conclusions.

Take it for what it's worth. I report, you decide.

The Republicans failed at convincing the public that the FBI was in on a deep state conspiracy and now they want a second crack at it! Am I doing this right?

Full statement:

My belief...

I will be worse than any Dem wants to admit.

It will be astronomically short of anything substantial than any Rep wants to admit.

What I see, it wasn't as clean as the Dems claimed.....and no where as dirty and diabolical as the GOP said it was. It was a typical justice department operation. Legal...minimally in places, but legal. It is the way things work. No surprise.
A surprise would have been if there was something illegal uncovered. That just was not the case.

Reactions: cigaretteman
So what did horowitz say about the Steele Dossier? Did the FBI use it to get the FISA warrants?

Who was right, Nunes or Schiff with their memos?

So what did horowitz say about the Steele Dossier? Did the FBI use it to get the FISA warrants?

Who was right, Nunes or Schiff with their memos?

Schiff stated that “Christopher Steele’s raw intelligence reporting did not inform the FBI’s decision to initiate it’s counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016.”

Horowitz confirmed that. He also confirmed that it was not initially used by the FBI investigators in the FISA process but it was used after the OGC sent it back requesting more information to support probable cause.

“We determined that the Crossfire Hurricane team's receipt of Steele's election reporting on September 19, 2016 played a central and essential role in the FBI's and Department's decision to seek the FISA order. As noted above, when the team first sought to pursue a FISA order for Page in August 2016, a decision was made by OGC, 0I, or both that more information was needed to support a probable cause finding that Page was an agent of a foreign power. As a result, FBI OGC ceased discussions with 0I about a Page FISA order at that time.”

Reactions: cigaretteman
I would hate to be either of you sad excuse for humans any day, but I especially would today.

giphy.gif
This are good in my life. Dont know why you wouldnt want to be me.

your mom says hello by the way. You might want to schedule that hip replacement for her later this year...gonna need it

Schiff stated that “Christopher Steele’s raw intelligence reporting did not inform the FBI’s decision to initiate it’s counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016.”

Horowitz confirmed that. He also confirmed that it was not initially used by the FBI investigators in the FISA process but it was used after the OGC sent it back requesting more information to support probable cause.

“We determined that the Crossfire Hurricane team's receipt of Steele's election reporting on September 19, 2016 played a central and essential role in the FBI's and Department's decision to seek the FISA order. As noted above, when the team first sought to pursue a FISA order for Page in August 2016, a decision was made by OGC, 0I, or both that more information was needed to support a probable cause finding that Page was an agent of a foreign power. As a result, FBI OGC ceased discussions with 0I about a Page FISA order at that time.”
So the Steele Dossier was used...interesting

The Republicans failed at convincing the public that the FBI was in on a deep state conspiracy and now they want a second crack at it! Am I doing this right?

Full statement:

Horowitz is the DOJ IG, he can only review internal documents from the DOJ and he has no subpoena power. Durham is a US attorney, has subpoena power, and can investigate anything including the IC, as well as other countries.

Horowitz basically stated that the FBI opened the Trump investigated because they received a tip from a "friendly foreign government." What Durham knows is that this "tip" was a CIA op; info Horowitz does not have access to.

IMG-20191209-124238.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT