ADVERTISEMENT

IG report on Russiagate release day

Also, just read on twitter how Brennan lied to congress on his testimony about the Dossier being part of ICA to Obama. The IG report says it was.

Im sure you will all want him arrested now for lying to congress...Dems love that

I’m going to have to request a link of this transcript to prove that Brennan lied...

edit: or anything else that substantiates this allegation

Reactions: cigaretteman

Yeah that’s hogwash. Brennan was the CIA director. They play no role in the FISA authorization.

There is literally zero evidence of perjury in the questioning listed at your link:

Mr. Gowdy: Do you know if the Bureau ever relied on the Steele dossier as any — as part of any court filings, applications, petitions, pleadings?

Mr. Brennan: I have no awareness.

Mr. Gowdy: Did the CIA rely on it?

Mr. Brennan: No.

Mr. Gowdy: Why not?

Mr. Brennan: Because we — we didn’t. It wasn’t part of the corpus of intelligence information that we had. It was not in any way used as a basis for the Intelligence Community assessment that was done. It was — it was not.

Yeah that’s hogwash. Brennan was the CIA director. They play no role in the FISA authorization.

There is literally zero evidence of perjury in the questioning listed at your link:

Mr. Gowdy: Do you know if the Bureau ever relied on the Steele dossier as any — as part of any court filings, applications, petitions, pleadings?

Mr. Brennan: I have no awareness.

Mr. Gowdy: Did the CIA rely on it?

Mr. Brennan: No.

Mr. Gowdy: Why not?

Mr. Brennan: Because we — we didn’t. It wasn’t part of the corpus of intelligence information that we had. It was not in any way used as a basis for the Intelligence Community assessment that was done. It was — it was not.
In this case, it’s not about the FISA. It was used in the briefings to Obama.
He lied

In this case, it’s not about the FISA. It was used in the briefings to Obama.
He lied

Smh. This is the definition of fake news. The Federalist is trying to take advantage of people’s lack of knowledge by combining two aspects of the Russia scandal.

They are using a snippet about the Dossier not being used in making the determination that Russia interfered in the election and reframing it to say that Brennan claimed it wasn’t used as part of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation (which he didn’t).

These are two separate and distinct issues.

Evidently the report is something like 500 pages.
It's a shame that it takes 500 pages and this long to debunk just one of the right's myriad nutty conspiracy theories.

And what's the point? Most Rs and others on the right will continue to believe the lies and, at best, will just move to another nutty conspiracy theory.

They invent them faster than they can be debunked, because they have zero integrity.

More abject stupidity. You're on a roll.
Tar, just because you personally think something proves a crime doeesn't mean the same view is held by the people who matter.

But another of the differences between the two of us is that I've never claimed there is no evidence.

It's a shame that it takes 500 pages and this long to debunk just one of the right's myriad nutty conspiracy theories.

And what's the point? Most Rs and others on the right will continue to believe the lies and, at best, will just move to another nutty conspiracy theory.

They invent them faster than they can be debunked, because they have zero integrity.

because they found themselves the Commander in the artistry of the Con....who warps people into his web.

the unfortunate thing is there are millions of people who are capable of drinking everything that their boy says in his attacks on Americans & the institutions that have kept us 'all safe'.

Sad 'anyone' who isn't capable of seeing it...Putin is one happy fella.

Also, just read on twitter how Brennan lied to congress on his testimony about the Dossier being part of ICA to Obama. The IG report says it was.
Arrest him, charge him, try him, jail him.I'm pretty certain the current AG has that power...and the inclination. Let's see what happens.Want to make a bet?

The report that just got released

What kind of information do you guys think is used for a warrant? As the IG reported pointed out, Steele had provided credible information to the FBI before and had been used for obtaining other warrants.....the only nit the IG picked was the statement that information Steele had provided was used in criminal proceedings (which appears to be inaccurate).

I have seen statements warrants applications where the only evidence to give rise to probable cause was a statement from a crackhead that drugs were being sold out of a house and the officer's statement that the crackhead had provided credible information before. The bar for a warrant is very low...

Good lord man, when you go to like page 5 it goes into detail on the first FISA warrant. Take 10 minutes and read it
So I read the executive summary. Here is what it says to me:

1) There was no political bias that started the investigation and no bias ultimately altered the outcome of the investigation. Good to see FBI did not play politically.
2) There was one person who potentially committed a crime in the preparation of the report - a minor player in the overall investigation and that did not affect the investigation at all Shame on him, hope they address it.
3) There was plenty of incompetence and mistakes exhibited and the IG recommends personnel reviews for those people as well as some process change Good. If they suck at their job give them more training or fire them
4) The FISA warrant was influenced by Steele who provided corroboration for the other evidence they already had. Pretty typical for getting a warrant - but I think they should have had more candor about Steele when asking.

None of this is some kind of smoking gun for Trump - there is no evidence of a deep state at work here. Meanwhile, Russia likely continues to influence our electoral process aided in part by Trump's refusal to acknowledge the danger.

Alternate Headline: "Trump Propaganda Outlet Reports That Appointed Trump Cultist Can't Deal with the Truth"
CewuL2s.gif

Reactions: hawk-i bob
So it’s proven that the FBI sent in some informants to get information from the Trump campaign. When They were told that Trump wasn’t working with Russians, that info was left out of the FISA warrants.

it is also important to know that when asked why all of these mistakes happened....no one knew why. Lmao. Got to love the swanp

Reactions: musty_mags
I don't love it. I want professionalism. But what you guys promised was intense bias to deliver a coup against Trump. We literally saw none of this. Your report completely fizzled out for what you built it up to be.

Barr to Mueller:

“Bob, show me the evidence and reasoning for why this investigation was started and still ongoing.”

Mueller to Bart:

“With regards to the President we have found no links or ties to any foreign entity etc”

Barr to Mueller:

“Mandate was clear - verify and investigate reports of possible foreign collusion between President & Russia.” “What justification existed to effectively launch a massive domestic / foreign surv campaign against the President (pres elect / president) and members of his transition / campaign team?”

Mueller to Barr:

“Steele dossier along w/ media corroboration of those findings.”

Barr to Mueller:

“Was the Steele report a ‘trusted and verified’ report per Intel to continue especially considering the funding party was the opposition party?”

Mueller to Barr:

“Those facts were never taken into consideration.” “FISC granted auth to conduct based on conclusions presented.”

Barr to Mueller:

“Was FISC made aware of all details surrounding the dossier?”

Mueller to Barr:

“No.” “We believe there was urgency placed on the auth given the gravity and timeline of events that those involved negated to populate fully.”

Barr to Mueller:

“Why were efforts made to continue investigating the President, interrupt his official capacity in governing, if the only doc presented was unsubstantiated and unverified?” “Why were questions and threat of subpoena communicated to the President if no factual foundation existed?”

“All charges thus far are unrelated to the original mandate - why are you still active and pursuing a crime if no verifiable evidence or evidence through discovery exists?”

Barr to RR:

“What justification did you have to effectively expand the mandate, not report that expansion to Congress, in order to seek a crime outside of R collusion?” “What specific reasoning and/or facts existed to justify the appointment of a SC to begin with per the law?” “Why did you recommend to Sessions that he should recuse?” “Why wasn’t the mandate / budget and regular updates provided to Congress upon request?” “Why is everything kept confidential and under inappropriate classification?” “Was the purpose of investigating to find a crime vs investigate evidence of a crime?”

EamAlbh.gif

Meanwhile......Back at the Fox News Spin Factory:

Fox News canceled on James Comey after IG report vindicated the FBI: ‘They must have read the report’

Former FBI Director James Comey said Fox News canceled a scheduled interview after a report by the Department of Justice Inspector General vindicated the investigation into President Donald Trump.

“I offered to go on Fox & Friends to answer all questions,” Comey tweeted on Monday.

“I can’t change their viewers on Donald Trump but hoped to give them some actual facts about the FBI,” he explained.

“They booked me for tomorrow at 8 am. They just cancelled (sic). Must have read the report,” he suggested.

Comey discussed how the network canceled on him during a Monday interview on MSNBC with Nicolle Wallace.

I actually spent 10 minutes and read a couple pages of the report. The second talking about Page's FISA warrant. Interesting stuff. The Steele Dossier was the document that got the FISA warrant. Its even more incredible that one of the FBI lawyers was ignored that Steele was biased.

Imagine what world we would live in if that FISA warrant wasnt approved.

...and yet, the IG indicated the investigation AND FISAs were properly predicated.

...and yet, the IG indicated the investigation AND FISAs were properly predicated.
I didn’t see that on the FISA. They clearly indicate that they couldn’t have gotten the warrant with the Steele Dossier and then they trash the Dossier.
Just think about it, if the FBI doesn’t use the Clinton and DNC paid for Dossier, the Mueller investigation never happens.

I didn’t see that on the FISA. They clearly indicate that they couldn’t have gotten the warrant with the Steele Dossier and then they trash the Dossier.
Just think about it, if the FBI doesn’t use the Clinton and DNC paid for Dossier, the Mueller investigation never happens.

Inaccurate. FBI’s general counsel opined that it was 50/50 and McCabe said in interview he was certain the FBI would get the warrant. Considering the FISA’s approval rate, there was most likely sufficient evidence to meet the PC standard. And again using the Steele dossier as part of a warrant application was permissible.

The issue in this is that we have average joes that have no idea what is involved in obtaining a warrant now opining as if they are LLM candidates at Harvard Law.

Inaccurate. FBI’s general counsel opined that it was 50/50 and McCabe said in interview he was certain the FBI would get the warrant. Considering the FISA’s approval rate, there was most likely sufficient evidence to meet the PC standard. And again using the Steele dossier as part of a warrant application was permissible.

The issue in this is that we have average joes that have no idea what is involved in obtaining a warrant now opining as if they are LLM candidates at Harvard Law.
Spoken like a true lawyer... just lie and stretch the truth and get the results you want.

Such a shitty life.

No honesty and no integrity.

Congrats.

Find a crackhead and make up a story, let the cops lie and raid the wrong house. Owner gets shot and we have a mea culpa... just like Hardy St, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT