ADVERTISEMENT

I'll be in Des Moines the last couple of days this week...

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
...where should I go for dinner? I've been to all the regular places from old (Noah's, Christophers, Latin King, etc.) to new (Harbinger, Proudfoot, etc), give me something obscure. Fancy to dive bar, doesn't matter.

Also, nowhere in Ankeny. I've had too many threesomes in my life already and I don't need the Moms For Liberty ladies there all up in my jock while I'm trying to enjoy dinner.

...where should I go for dinner? I've been to all the regular places from old (Noah's, Christophers, Latin King, etc.) to new (Harbinger, Proudfoot, etc), give me something obscure. Fancy to dive bar, doesn't matter.

Also, nowhere in Ankeny. I've had too many threesomes in my life already and I don't need the Moms For Liberty ladies there all up in my jock while I'm trying to enjoy dinner.
My no pic daughter really likes Lachele's Fine Foods on Ingersoll. Seems to be her favorite lately. It is unique, not much room for dining in though. Americana downtown is good. I have wanted to hit Flying Mango on Hickman, but have not.

Reactions: Hawki97
Good call on Lachele’s. Best burgers in town. If you’re familiar with the El Bait Shop/Royal Mile/Iowa Taproom ownership team, they have a couple newer restaurants that are putting out really solid food.

Lucky Horse down by Drake (RIP in advance) and The Chicken down in Orilla south of DSM.

If you like whiskey, there’s an emerging whiskey bar trend in the area. New Northwestern and Allegedlee’s in East village and Winchester in Valley Junction. Don’t believe they have food options though.

Good call on Lachele’s. Best burgers in town. If you’re familiar with the El Bait Shop/Royal Mile/Iowa Taproom ownership team, they have a couple newer restaurants that are putting out really solid food.

Lucky Horse down by Drake (RIP in advance) and The Chicken down in Orilla south of DSM.

If you like whiskey, there’s an emerging whiskey bar trend in the area. New Northwestern and Allegedlee’s in East village and Winchester in Valley Junction. Don’t believe they have food options though.

Best burgers in town you say....

giphy.gif

Reactions: EasyHawk
Easy call. Centro

Went there after running the Des Moines marathon a couple months ago because it was close and we were hungry for Italian. Thought it was good - but I was a few drinks in after running 26.2 so may need to go back to be able to know if I was on point or not.

Bordenaros on SW 9th near Army Post. Excellent pizza

West DM now has a two level Ruth's Chris. I popped in there last fall on my visit.
As for nonchain local food...Christopher's and Greenbrier are my two go to.

giphy.gif

My DIL lives in Ankeny...shut your whore mouth... :)

• Haha
Bix & Co, in the junction, is really good as well. I enjoy their Italian beef sandwiches.

There is a couple new fine dining places that just opened up, Oak Park on 39th and Ingersoll and Either/Or on Grand near Val-Air.
When Oak Park opened last month I went to get a weekend reservation thinking it’d be a couple weeks and the earliest I could get was February 3 :oops:

Aura or Coopers Hawk in Clive, Irina’s in WDM at the old Bone Fish location in West Glen if you want a good sit down meal but I prefer their old Urbandale location which is no longer open since the move to this location. Also, Johnny’s at one of their three locations, you can’t go wrong. Fire Creek Grill or Firebirds as well. All good eats.

aposto.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT