ADVERTISEMENT

Illini and Bert with the choke and Nebby with heart crushing loss; C'mon Hawks, do it

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
The Hawks are still alive. I didn't think Mich would win so close or even be behind but they were without their #1 receiver, the TEnd, Edwards for the game and Corum in the 2nd half. And they were without their terrorizing DEnd . But Illini with the lead could not do much into the wind in the 4th qtr to give the hawks a chance.

And earlier in another post someone mentioned Nebby still had a lot to play for but instead of them getting crushed I was hoping for another late, close loss of a lead to lose a game. And that is what they certainly did. Nebby has no chance for a bowl game with a 5th victory against Iowa. They will try hard to win it but one way or another Iowa will have more to play for as far as bowl games or a West Title.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I am at least at peace now. Iowa is in control of the B1G West. If they’re not good enough to protect this halftime lead against MN and seal the deal against Neb, then they’re not deserving. It would have been really difficult for me to take it if they won these last 2 games but a ridiculous Illini upset would have kept them out of it.

Go Hawks! Do it!

do-it-just-do-it.gif

ADVERTISEMENT