ADVERTISEMENT

Illini roster turnover

Have you seen their on floor product the last 10+ years? They should be about 10th on the list.
They’ve won 2 Big Ten regular season titles in the last 10 years. Same as Wisconsin. I think the new coach will work out well for them.

Programs have a historical mean that they usually always revert back to. IU’s mean is higher than the last ten years. Wisconsin’s is lower. Iowa is about right at theirs right now.

If I had to put money on the next B1G program most likely to win it all, Illinois wouldn’t make the top 5.

1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan State
4. Indiana
5. Maryland
6. Illinois
7. Wisconsin
8. Purdue
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa
11. Rutgers
12. Penn State
13. Nebraska
14. Northwestern

(Assuming Izzo isn’t retiring and snaps back...) I would flip OSU and MSU, and I would flip Illinois and Maryland. ILL and UMD are very similar from a tradition/resources/fan support angle, but Underwood has the advantage over the Turg, IMHO. At least we know what we’ve got in Turgeon, while Underwood could improve or remain about the same. The Loyola loss was a stinker, but his turnaround of an IL program in shambles was impressive.

Did I miss some players leaving at Purdon't, especially Williams and Ivey? Unless they had transfers out and guys going pro, they should be in the top two IMO.

Reactions: RocknRollface
They’ve won 2 Big Ten regular season titles in the last 10 years. Same as Wisconsin. I think the new coach will work out well for them.

Programs have a historical mean that they usually always revert back to. IU’s mean is higher than the last ten years. Wisconsin’s is lower. Iowa is about right at theirs right now.
And they’ve done nothing when it counts. Same as Iowa.

I doubt this new coach does anything different. We’ll find out I guess.

(Assuming Izzo isn’t retiring and snaps back...) I would flip OSU and MSU, and I would flip Illinois and Maryland. ILL and UMD are very similar from a tradition/resources/fan support angle, but Underwood has the advantage over the Turg, IMHO. At least we know what we’ve got in Turgeon, while Underwood could improve or remain about the same. The Loyola loss was a stinker, but his turnaround of an IL program in shambles was impressive.
Turgeon owns Illinois/Underwood head-to-head.

Illinois losing Antigua, Colman, and Gentry?

Underwood is having to rebuild this thing from the ground up every other year....

I guess that’s the other side of a little success.... you don’t see any blue bloods ( or anyone else) wanting to hire Iowa’s assistants away. lol

Underwood is having to rebuild this thing from the ground up every other year....

I guess that’s the other side of a little success.... you don’t see any blue bloods ( or anyone else) wanting to hire Iowa’s assistants away. lol
Another snarky post.

I still don’t see the ground up unless you’re referring to ACs this season. Should have a top 25 team again.

Haha people like my posts more than yours.

Because they’re better.

Wanker.

At least yours are better than BBHawks. So you’ve got that going for you. Which is nice....
I'm so confused.....Is it total likes or percentage of likes to posts that we're shooting for? Being so loved here by anonymous posters is so important to me!

I'm so confused.....Is it total likes or percentage of likes to posts that we're shooting for? Being so loved here by anonymous posters is so important to me!
I really think we are going to likes per post ratio. Raptorpoops, fill us in.

Hilarious that you call ANYONE else a wanker!
🤣
Listen, you like my posts and I'll like yours, that should up our post/like ratio at about the same level that Raptor does, when he logs into his other accounts, to like his own posts.

Reactions: BBHawk

Definitely hurts us, and moves us from a borderline top 10 team with him (we all saw the Illini’s 3-game stretch without Ayo) to a borderline top 25 team optimistically and closer to top 40 pessimistically, depending on one’s view of the Illini/biases.

Our backcourt will still be near the top of the Big Ten, with Curbelo a year older, Frazier/Williams/Grandison back and a few good (if not elite) additions. Even though Miller was a good player and had great potential, his production is replaceable ... part of the reason he transferred is that by the end of the season he was getting a ceremonial start and then not getting “enough” minutes in crunch time. However, our front court is a huge hole. Williams and Grandison could cover the 4 and we can play smaller (Kofi and Giorgi actually rarely played at the same time), but it won’t be as effective without Kofi’s presence. Illini fans can prefer to think optimistically that Payne will have an equal-or-better year to what he had at UF last year (sans attitude issues, hopefully) or that we sign Mitchell, but for now our front court is an issue.

I think our backcourt is top 3-4 in the B1G, but our front court might be top 10, lol ... so, I say we’re sitting at 6-7?

Reactions: Mitjacks
Kofi still may return according to those around him. Isn’t getting the feedback he wants.

It is surprising it never gets called.

Collehe version of what shaq did. "Shaq gets the ball, charge, charge, charge until I bumped the defender under the basket. dunk.

i was a huge laker fan and couldnt take it. He is the reason I left NBA. Horrible product

Definitely hurts us, and moves us from a borderline top 10 team with him (we all saw the Illini’s 3-game stretch without Ayo) to a borderline top 25 team optimistically and closer to top 40 pessimistically, depending on one’s view of the Illini/biases.

Our backcourt will still be near the top of the Big Ten, with Curbelo a year older, Frazier/Williams/Grandison back and a few good (if not elite) additions. Even though Miller was a good player and had great potential, his production is replaceable ... part of the reason he transferred is that by the end of the season he was getting a ceremonial start and then not getting “enough” minutes in crunch time. However, our front court is a huge hole. Williams and Grandison could cover the 4 and we can play smaller (Kofi and Giorgi actually rarely played at the same time), but it won’t be as effective without Kofi’s presence. Illini fans can prefer to think optimistically that Payne will have an equal-or-better year to what he had at UF last year (sans attitude issues, hopefully) or that we sign Mitchell, but for now our front court is an issue.

I think our backcourt is top 3-4 in the B1G, but our front court might be top 10, lol ... so, I say we’re sitting at 6-7?
Reasonable analysis, but I hope Illannoy is closer to the bottom than the top of the B1G.

Reactions: TrianglePlace
Reasonable analysis, but I hope Illannoy is closer to the bottom than the top of the B1G.
Me three.

I don't think they'll be out of the top half with Underwood at the helm, though. He got them exactly where he was hired to get them in 3 years in an absolutely loaded league.

The NCAA flameout no doubt hurt the brand a little and a lot will depend on how he rebuilds his AC staff but he obviously knows what he's doing. : (

ADVERTISEMENT