ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Kofi declares for draft

He seems like a good prospect to stash and let develop. Glad to see him go...maybe Oturu(sp?) for Minnesota declaring also?

Don't know. Like to see him move on for selfish reasons. He has the body and more than a little ability but he's raw. Guess, he comes back.

Don't know. Like to see him move on for selfish reasons. He has the body and more than a little ability but he's raw. Guess, he comes back.
I thought he had some pretty good touch, timing and athletic ability for a dude that big. He made Garza look tiny.

Reactions: perryhawk
He'll be back, he's only played basketball for a short time and has a lot to learn. Always seems to me as a step slow and was easily faked out of his shoes. JMO though...

He'll be back, he's only played basketball for a short time and has a lot to learn. Always seems to me as a step slow and was easily faked out of his shoes. JMO though...
Also needs serious work on his stamina, and probably needs to lose about 10 pounds. Only good for about 5 minute stretches this season then you could tell he really needed a blow.

Could definitively use another year but don’t blame him. Wouldn’t mind not facing him either, he’s a steamroller.

Conference was loaded last year with talented big men. Hopefully Garza stays so he can dominate even more with a lot of them leaving early or graduating.

Maryland Jalen Smith- Declared for draft expected to stay in.
MN Oturu- same as Smith.
OSU Wesson- declared for draft testing the waters
IL Cockburn- same as wesson.
MSU Tillman- same as wesson.
PSU Watkins- graduated
Michigan Teske- graduated
Purdue Haarms- transfer

Jackson-Davis of Indiana and Garza are 2 bigs still technically undecided.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
The draft is heavily based on potential. He'll get drafted as he's a pretty good risk.

yes with guys like Oturu and Kofi, who have the physical traits they are looking for in the NBA, their stock only goes down by staying. It's why Garza can't move the needle much no matter what he does (stays or goes). NBA is looking at what a guy could do in the future in that game, not at what current college production is. Kofi is a very intriguing NBA prospect, his game will likely grow a lot as he plays more basketball.

Reactions: perryhawk
The fact he declared it on Instagram makes me think he won't be back

You mean because he didn't say it, he declared it.

265f4dacae7d91ce4bef9e7f8dc8fb19.jpg

Tillman has a wife and kid. Sometimes you have to move on and make the cash. He's gone for sure imho.

As far as Cockburn goes, sometimes a prospect is better off considered to have a tremendous amount of upside/potential as opposed to having their game over analyzed at the college ranks.

May yet return, but maybe not.
If they lose Ayo as well it will be a year of rebuilding in Champaign.
Kofi will be back. Just doing what Garza is doing. Neither is projected in the first round. Kofi is not listed in the top 100 draft picks. His style is old school, not a great fit for today’s NBA.

Ayo is probably 50/50 now. I said 90/10 to NBA a few weeks ago. He is not listed as a first round pick. Needs to work on his three point shot.

If they both go, it will be a reset not a rebuild. Top recruiting class coming in to go with some good vets.

If they both return, top 10-15 team.

I could see Kofi being the size and gifted enough as an athlete for a team to take a flyer on him in the second round. I think Combes is probably right though. I expect Ayo to be taken.

ADVERTISEMENT