ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Professor's Take on Cancelling Season

Legs94

HR MVP
Apr 28, 2020
probably had more to do with the players starting to make demands. Presidents are most concerned with their own pocketbooks and the delusions of this being 'amateur". The Rona just gave them an out in hopes of this player uprising will simply go away.
It won't.
True, it's probably not a coincidence that the 2 Power 5s that had players starting to make demands are the ones who got shut down.

This is all fear. Iit all started with New York and the east coast outbreaks. It was bad, and we had no treatments. Had Texas, Florida, AZ exploded with cases in March and April, when treatments were yet to be discovered, we'd have a million dead by now....
But they came much later, and we have several options on treatment now. There is Remdesivir, Dexamethasone, plasma therapy and a few others. This has dropped the death rate to a very low number.

The concern has gone to near nil for myself. I still wear a mask and do my part - for others. But there is still the fear. Refrigerated trucks filled with hundreds of bodies does that.

Spring is not going to change anything. The 19 will still be here. Maybe the fears will change. And go away. But if not, no ball in the spring.

This is all fear. Iit all started with New York and the east coast outbreaks. It was bad, and we had no treatments. Had Texas, Florida, AZ exploded with cases in March and April, when treatments were yet to be discovered, we'd have a million dead by now....
But they came much later, and we have several options on treatment now. There is Remdesivir, Dexamethasone, plasma therapy and a few others. This has dropped the death rate to a very low number.

The concern has gone to near nil for myself. I still wear a mask and do my part - for others. But there is still the fear. Refrigerated trucks filled with hundreds of bodies does that.

Spring is not going to change anything. The 19 will still be here. Maybe the fears will change. And go away. But if not, no ball in the spring.
I can't help but think some of this fear is gotten out of hand because of this being an election year. Trump has made a lot of important people very agitated with his little side show, and there are people desperate to get him out. I'm not saying Covid isn't real, it is, but as mentioned in the post above, we have gotten more treatments and more data that shows us, we don't need to fear it quite so much. But there is still lots of fear mongering going on, and political finger pointing. Or maybe I'm just cynical. Who knows.

A million dead? You can’t be serious about that number. Probably half the deaths, if not more, to date are bogus. Spoke to two Doctors this week who just shook their heads as to what is going on. One is a big College FB fan. Not from the Big Ten area, but knows who the BIG teams are. He said what the BIG did was beyond laughable, hypocritical and overall pathetic.

A million dead? You can’t be serious about that number. Probably half the deaths, if not more, to date are bogus. Spoke to two Doctors this week who just shook their heads as to what is going on. One is a big College FB fan. Not from the Big Ten area, but knows who the BIG teams are. He said what the BIG did was beyond laughable, hypocritical and overall pathetic.

We won't know the full scale of the truth or not of the data unless a large-scale audit is done whenever this is done. What is true is that deaths get counted retroactively for COVID in many states if the person tested positive for COVID in the previous 28 days or 30 days or 60 days or whatever standard that state set. It's why the CDC numbers say died with COVID. It's how you ended up with the 20-year old in Florida coded as a COVID death when he died in a motorcycle accident.

yeah when they start having the initial model saying 2 million Americans are going to die from this the fear tends to stay. And then of course you have the news sites compound the fear so they can control the narrative and their hope is to control the election.

We won't know the full scale of the truth or not of the data unless a large-scale audit is done whenever this is done. What is true is that deaths get counted retroactively for COVID in many states if the person tested positive for COVID in the previous 28 days or 30 days or 60 days or whatever standard that state set. It's why the CDC numbers say died with COVID. It's how you ended up with the 20-year old in Florida coded as a COVID death when he died in a motorcycle accident.
I mentioned the motorcycle victim and was told, on here, it was bull$hit right wing propaganda.

hey buckwheat , why after half the deaths bogus ?

I can't help but think some of this fear is gotten out of hand because of this being an election year.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Legs94 and RothMatt
It's only anecdotal of course, but I am aware of cases in the hospital in which I am chief of staff where patients who expired many weeks after fully recovering from COVID and then died of completely unrelated causes have been counted as COVID deaths by the county. I am also aware of patients that never took a COVID test and have been notified of positive test results

It's only anecdotal of course, but I am aware of cases in the hospital in which I am chief of staff where patients who expired many weeks after fully recovering from COVID and then died of completely unrelated causes have been counted as COVID deaths by the county. I am also aware of patients that never took a COVID test and have been notified of positive test results

So numbers can only be manipulated one way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT