ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois State is licking their chops after

Didn't their coach pull a sneaky and reinstate their stud running back for the Iowa game

All Illinois State or anybody else has to do is look at the Nebraska and Tennessee tapes and know that Iowa is trying to break in two new tackles. That should be more than enough to have any opponent licking its chops. So here we Iowa fans are worrying about being embarrassed by an FCS squad while Wisconsin fans, to name one example, are getting ready to battle Alabama in a prime time contest on ABC.

Yeah I'm sure the coaches and players take their scouting reports from a message board.
This was my first thought as well. If their coaches are getting scouting information from the posters on this board, well then they're pretty stupid.

"We Iowa fans" are not one bit worried about being embarrassed by an FCS team.

Nothing new here, should have been beat by ball state last year. I'm just glad it's not western Michigan this time. We need to lose to a few more mac/fcs schools before Kirks tenure is done. I swear we are the only program that puts up with this sh!t.

Reactions: BuckRussel
All Illinois State or anybody else has to do is look at the Nebraska and Tennessee tapes and know that Iowa is trying to break in two new tackles. That should be more than enough to have any opponent licking its chops. So here we Iowa fans are worrying about being embarrassed by an FCS squad while Wisconsin fans, to name one example, are getting ready to battle Alabama in a prime time contest on ABC.

Or they could looked at the depth chart 12 months ago and realized Iowa would be breaking in new tackles this year. I assume Illinois State also had players run out of eligibility?

Nothing new here, should have been beat by ball state last year. I'm just glad it's not western Michigan this time. We need to lose to a few more mac/fcs schools before Kirks tenure is done. I swear we are the only program that puts up with this sh!t.

Jamie pollard and ISU disagree. 0-2 against fbs last 2 years.

Just like Iowa Illinois st will be replacing their best Tackle. Plus their top 3 reception leaders last year. Think people forget just like Iowa Illinois st replacing their fair share from their runner up team. Yes the drug dealer Coprich is good and Roberson is athletic, but he also wasn't good enough to beat out sudfeld at Indiana. Some people making Illinois st out to be like a top end big 10 team the way they talk about them on here.

I'd agree. Iowa St has had an easier time beating Big 10 teams than they have I-AA schools.

Jamie pollard and ISU disagree. 0-2 against fbs last 2 years.

Just like Iowa Illinois st will be replacing their best Tackle. Plus their top 3 reception leaders last year. Think people forget just like Iowa Illinois st replacing their fair share from their runner up team. Yes the drug dealer Coprich is good and Roberson is athletic, but he also wasn't good enough to beat out sudfeld at Indiana. Some people making Illinois st out to be like a top end big 10 team the way they talk about them on here.

Why would Ill. State or any other team at their level be worried? They have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. A win/win, if there ever was one. P5 schools schedule the preseason, normally, for prime time matchups or supposed cupcakes to pad their record. In Iowa's case... there are no longer any guaranteed wins, so this is a bigger game for the Hawks then some folks think.

Nothing good can come from this game for Iowa than a simple "W".

That's a good point about Wisconsin. Didn't they shock Auburn in their last game? Be interesting if they won two in a row against Auburn and then Alabama.

I don't think this is likely but who can dismiss the possibility?

Bama is going to kill Wisconsin.

sorry but their QB is not a stud. That is a huge overstatement. He isn't even a stud in FCS.
That's a good point about Wisconsin. Didn't they shock Auburn in their last game? Be interesting if they won two in a row against Auburn and then Alabama.

I don't think this is likely but who can dismiss the possibility?

I can dismiss it. Not happening. Wisconsin has three new OL starting, no Gordon, a QB that isn't very good and no WR threats. Alabama will win easily.

You guys are gonna trash Illinois State! This coming from a Gator fan who watched us lose to a FCS school two years ago(gsu). You think Ferentzs offense sucks try watching a Muschamp offense.

I hope Kirk is treating Illinois St. like a top Big 10 team.
you can bet your last dollar that this game is first and foremost priority for KF and staff. IMO, he needs to reel off 5 straight to get this fan base back on the wagon again.

you can bet your last dollar that this game is first and foremost priority for KF and staff. IMO, he needs to reel off 5 straight to get this fan base back on the wagon again.
After the close calls with UNI in recent years and with all the trouble the Hawks have had with option QB's I would think Illinois State has their full attention. Will be taking my grandson and hope this game gives me reason to "keep scalping". Spring "game" O left me wondering though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT