Time to move on from Mich and put Illinois in the crosshairs. Some tidbits as we prepare for Saturday:
- Week 6 already this weekend of college football, how can that be!!??
- Illinois obviously has a lot of momentum, an emotional road win at Wisky, curious if they might be a bit flat at least to start Saturday?
- Line is Bert by 3.5, home team usually gets 3 points so the sharps are thinking Illinois by 1/2 point on a neutral field? O/U is 35 another Rutgers type line
- This game is really HUGE for Iowa in many ways, we are going into a bye after a game, a road win would create a fair amount of momentum headed to the bye week
- We saw small glimpses of hope Saturday against a loaded Mich team -- we won't need to be as close to perfect as we did last week to win, although Illinois has another bellcow RB and will be physical on the LOS, running the ball will be tough so it's probably shotgun running, etc
- During bye week, team gets some much needed rest, refocus, recharge, etc and we still can be tied for Big 10 West lead, whatever that means..