ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois to get largest truck stop!

BioHawk

HB Legend
Sep 21, 2005
Well, by parking spaces at least. The I-80 truck stop has 900 parking places but this one is supposed to have over 1000. But it is only 30 acres vs. 220 for the one in Iowa so it will probably take all of 6 months for the Walcott truck stop to add more spots.

It's a shame that it's a TA site and not a buc-ee's or a wally's tbh

Well, by parking spaces at least. The I-80 truck stop has 900 parking places but this one is supposed to have over 1000. But it is only 30 acres vs. 220 for the one in Iowa so it will probably take all of 6 months for the Walcott truck stop to add more spots.

30 acres.

ILL- LOL

Typical loser shit from that state.

Reactions: lucas80
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Will this keep those Illinois loser in their own state. I swear a quarter of the plates I see on I80 are from Illinois.
Have you checked how many students U Iowa has from Illinois? A/B students can't typically get into U IL and they go to Iowa. NDSU is a common stop as well.

While Illinois is undoubtedly a superior school (unless you're aspiring to be an elementary school teacher) I'm not prepared to declare them a better state overall vs iowa. 30 acre TA stops be damned.

Reactions: IIowaFarmBoy
While Illinois is undoubtedly a superior school (unless you're aspiring to be an elementary school teacher) I'm not prepared to declare them a better state overall vs iowa. 30 acre TA stops be damned.
Amen! That said, Iowa tuition is about the same or less for IL students.

This is great news, need more truck parking there isn't enough and it's a national problem. Need them to do the same thing in Ohio and PA next.

Walcott needs to get a Buc-ee’s and then it’s game over.

Technically Buc-ee's isn't a truck stop. I've thought a Buc-ee's in-between Iowa City and Des Moines would be cool and not take up too much business from Iowa 80 (since they're Iowa donors)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT