ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois's best player....

The Illini's Terrence Shannon Jr. was averaging 21.7 pts per game this season.

From this afternoon:

GCdS09BWkAATnqF

GCdS09CWYAAD0al

Weird that someone in the Illinois athletic department went with sexual misconduct instead of sexual assault or rape.

#abewasheshands
That Shannon wasn’t on University business or on the University’s dime rings a little hollow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
If innocent, I feel badly for everything he's going to have to go through to regain his good name, if that's even possible. If he's guilty, then lock him up and throw away the key.

As an aside, isn't it great that with the young men that McCaffery recruits, this would never be an issue.

If innocent, I feel badly for everything he's going to have to go through to regain his good name, if that's even possible. If he's guilty, then lock him up and throw away the key.

As an aside, isn't it great that with the young men that McCaffery recruits, this would never be an issue.

if he's innocent, think of the money it will cost for a good lawyer to get him out of this mess and to then clear his name; meanwhile, the accuser always remains anonymous....

anytime anyone googles his name....innocent or not....they see the word "rape."

Reactions: all4theillini
if he's innocent, think of the money it will cost for a good lawyer to get him out of this mess and to then clear his name; meanwhile, the accuser always remains anonymous....

anytime anyone googles his name....innocent or not....they see the word "rape."
In no way would I ever condone rape, or assault, but its definetly one of the really messy allegations to fight. As you said there will always be a cloud over him. Its a crime where the "victim" is also the only witness. Even with physical evidence you still have to wade through the idea of consent, which is very hard to prove, or disprove.

Was Kobe Bryant innocent? I don't know, but I doubt it...but by the end of his career his incident had been forgotten because he was rich and had lot of resources to defend himself.

I tend to believe the accuser because there isn't a lot of upside to accusing a famous athlete. This is a college kid without the huge resources that kobe had to defend his name. If he did something inappropriate, hopelly he pays a price. If not, then yeah, bad break but my guess is he at very least made poor decsions to get into trouble.

Shannon has been cleared to participate. It sounds like it’s now up to Underwood as to if Shannon plays on Sunday.

I've been surprised at how well they have played without Shannon. I expected a pretty dramatic fall off but we haven't really seen it.

This is a surprising ruling.
So the school and coaches cannot impose rules on student- athletes?

This athlete empowerment movement literally means the inmates now run the asylum.

Like the NCAA ,schools and coaches cannot impose any rules for fear of losing in court.

Has to be awkward for the AD and Underwood to welcome back a guy that just named them as defendants in a losing courtroom battle.
At least the PP case had been tried and concluded before he was off suspension.
The Iowa fans turned on PP and Alford...will Illini fans welcome Shannon back, no questions asked?
Of course PP' victim was an Iowa student...shannons was at KU...maybe that makes it less egregious?

Is Judge Lawless a joke name?

The U. of Iowa experience with Pierre Pierce was it would have been best for University to cut him lose right away. That is what is best for Illinois too, but seems like this judge has inserted themselves into the process that they don't belong in. The guys draft position is screwed by the accusation, not whether University allows him to play.

This is a surprising ruling.
So the school and coaches cannot impose rules on student- athletes?

This athlete empowerment movement literally means the inmates now run the asylum.

Like the NCAA ,schools and coaches cannot impose any rules for fear of losing in court.

Has to be awkward for the AD and Underwood to welcome back a guy that just named them as defendants in a losing courtroom battle.
At least the PP case had been tried and concluded before he was off suspension.
The Iowa fans turned on PP and Alford...will Illini fans welcome Shannon back, no questions asked?
Of course PP' victim was an Iowa student...shannons was at KU...maybe that makes it less egregious?
Apparantly they welcomed him back today

• Love
Reactions: all4theillini
I think the court ruling gives Underwood and Illinois cover to play him. In fact, if they don't play him it could be grounds for a lawsuit based on the existing ruling of continued harm based on his not playing. Of course, if that lawsuit ever happened that would end sports. How many lawsuits would happen after that of angry parents suing coaches who they don't feel are playing their kid enough? It's the endgame of helicopter and bulldozer parenting.

Charges will be dropped and there will be a civil settlement against his future NBA earnings where he won't admit guilt but will admit regrets on misunderstanding she had not given consent. Its called a Kobe agreement.

Illiniois fans don't care as long as they win.
No mention that I recall during the BTT. I just watched the half time show and they were raving about his abilities.
A settlement is a real possibility, but there is no guarantee that an NBA team drafts him with this unresolved. Even if it is resolved any smart GM would be wary of him. And, the local DA isn’t going to go along with leveraging a possible trial for the victim. They have their own timeline and if the DA pushes for a trial the victim would have a decision to make.

I've heard rumors that the case against him isn't very strong, but I can't vouch for any accuracy on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT