ADVERTISEMENT

I'm about to fire our new Regional HR Manager...

giphy.gif

You get reimbursed by the mile if it’s your own vehicle. Also, it’s a nice source of hidden compensation. I’ve traveled 500-600 mi weekly and never left the office/home. It’s just a way for some orgs to attract/compensate employees
Yeah.... that's also called illegal, fraud, unethical, etc.

LOL, I love Trad telling people what hotels to stay in and he is a road warrior. I worked for a company that did that "stay here, it is cheaper" bullshit. FU, it is also 45 minutes from a decent restaurant and an hour in traffic from my call.

I have logged nearly a million miles traveling for work over the past 30+ years. I've spent thousands of nights in hotels. I've worked in nearly every major US city east of the Rocky Mountains as well as most of the major cities in eastern Canada. I've driven in every kind of weather imaginable, from blizzards to hurricanes and tornadoes. I drove to Boston the day Superstorm Sandy hit.

I think you've written a new verse to Willin'

What kind of road warrior job doesn’t have a company car?? I haven’t had a car payment since 1996.

What kind of road warrior job doesn’t have a company car?? I haven’t had a car payment since 1996.

That's our culture. Everybody just drives their own car. Some of these idiots have real expensive cars, too. The current iteration of The Tradmobile is a Honda CR-V that I bought used.

That's our culture. Everybody just drives their own car. Some of these idiots have real expensive cars, too. The current iteration of The Tradmobile is a Honda CR-V that I bought used.
What do you think you’ve taken hime in mileage reimbursement over the years? $75k? $100k?

You get reimbursed by the mile if it’s your own vehicle. Also, it’s a nice source of hidden compensation. I’ve traveled 500-600 mi weekly and never left the office/home. It’s just a way for some orgs to attract/compensate employees
What are your thoughts about lifting a hotel towel or two?

Reactions: dgordo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT