ADVERTISEMENT

I'm about to fire our new Regional HR Manager...

People convince themselves that the thing they are good at is the thing that matters the most. Trad is a bad manager, but doesn't mind traveling so he has convinced himself that being a road warrior is the most important aspect of the job. Does he say he gives her suggestions on computer use that she ignores? Nope, just that he's giving advice on hotels and she ignores him. Sure, she's great with employee relations and hr stuff, but she won't travel like me. That's the only thing he is good at so that means she must not be good.

And LOL at an HR manager giving suggestions about travel and then referring to it as not doing what she is told. If she can't tell the difference between an order and a suggestion then it's probably on you.

giphy.gif

Somebody make the spin off thread where you replace the word fire with finger.

TIA.

Reactions: lucas80
I haven't left my house in almost a year. I'm surrounded by computer screens, and take pleasure in my ability to facilitate transactions at a level of efficiency that I believe no one in this queer earth could best me at. And I have a personal gym in my house, and I also believe I could best any other man at feats of strength. Sometimes, I invite over my casual lady friend for sexual engagement... but I feel no post-ejaculatory fulfillment from this.

Point is, I'm clearly the best person you could possibly hire for my job, and there is clearly something very, very wrong with me.
Strong contender for POTY

Reactions: drew_hawk
All kidding aside, I would be reluctant to head out on a 500 mile road trip with 7 gallons of gas in my tank not knowing if or where I can buy more gas. And I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife doing that.

What was so critical in this meeting that couldn't be handled by Zoom conference tomorrow or in-person on Monday after the pipeline is fully operational again?
It’s HR. They are going to discuss filling out paperwork.

Yeah I don't think Trad thinks this is in good fun at all. He thought, "Yep I've posted a masterpiece. EVERYONE will surely agree w/me. My case in compelling. My points are infallible."

Then he hit the Post button. And from there things haven't gone quite as he expected.
Yeah, that very well could be the case!

Reactions: Rudolph
She's a very nice lady. Not a bitch. "Scatterbrained" is a better description.
You never answered my question about flying. You said it was an option for her but you never replied whether or not you made it clear to her that flying was an option. And if so, what was her excuse for not flying?

You never answered my question about flying. You said it was an option for her but you never replied whether or not you made it clear to her that flying was an option. And if so, what was her excuse for not flying?

It was made it clear when I hired her. She likes to get a rental car and drive.

Why wouldn't you just rent a car?

I wouldn't want to put all that mileage on my own vehicle.

I bought the Tradmobile expecting to beat the hell out of it for work.

Renting a car adds an hour or two of frustration to a road trip.

Instead of going through the whole pick-up/drop-off drama, I just get in my car and go.

And I don't have to learn the idiosyncrasies of each brand/model every time.

Just makes no sense for my lifestyle.

I bought the Tradmobile expecting to beat the hell out of it for work.

Renting a car adds an hour or two of frustration to a road trip.

Instead of going through the whole pick-up/drop-off drama, I just get in my car and go.

And I don't have to learn the idiosyncrasies of each brand/model every time.

Just makes no sense for my lifestyle.
I see. How many miles do you put on the vehicle each year?

I might let him pay if he insisted after mentioning "company dime" and "perks of business travel" several times. That, or let him pay for dry cleaning from the second hand smoke.
I guess all the stories about the glory days of FSU football from 25 years ago would just be a bonus.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
I’m getting the picture now. You don’t travel for work, travel is your work.

You get reimbursed by the mile if it’s your own vehicle. Also, it’s a nice source of hidden compensation. I’ve traveled 500-600 mi weekly and never left the office/home. It’s just a way for some orgs to attract/compensate employees

Reactions: globalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT