ADVERTISEMENT

I'm from Chicago...

Finance85

HR Legend
Oct 22, 2003
This guy apparently made a wrong turn somewhere. Pensacola isn't Chicago.

https://weartv.com/news/local/im-fr...ying-to-rob-escambia-county-convenience-store

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A man with a shotgun was arrested after attempting to rob an Escambia County convenience store, only to be met by an employee wielding his own gun, according to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

Rakim Tate, 32, was charged with openly carrying a prohibited weapon and attempted robbery with a firearm for the incident that took place on Sept. 9 at a convenience store on North Pace Boulevard.

The exchange between Tate and the employee was captured on security footage from inside the store.

"I don't mean no harm, I'm just not from around here," Tate says to an employee while holding a shotgun. "I got a big a** m************ gun, but I'm not from around here is what I'm saying. I'm from Chicago bro."

Tate is then captured on video acknowledging the gun in the employee's possession and asks what kind of gun it is.

The employee responds to Tate in the video, where Tate then slowly makes his way out of the store and away from the employee's gun.

Tate was located and arrested in Santa Rosa County on Sept. 15.

This guy apparently made a wrong turn somewhere. Pensacola isn't Chicago.

https://weartv.com/news/local/im-fr...ying-to-rob-escambia-county-convenience-store

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A man with a shotgun was arrested after attempting to rob an Escambia County convenience store, only to be met by an employee wielding his own gun, according to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

Rakim Tate, 32, was charged with openly carrying a prohibited weapon and attempted robbery with a firearm for the incident that took place on Sept. 9 at a convenience store on North Pace Boulevard.

The exchange between Tate and the employee was captured on security footage from inside the store.

"I don't mean no harm, I'm just not from around here," Tate says to an employee while holding a shotgun. "I got a big a** m************ gun, but I'm not from around here is what I'm saying. I'm from Chicago bro."

Tate is then captured on video acknowledging the gun in the employee's possession and asks what kind of gun it is.

The employee responds to Tate in the video, where Tate then slowly makes his way out of the store and away from the employee's gun.

Tate was located and arrested in Santa Rosa County on Sept. 15.
Unless it was the owner, who in their right mind is going to risk death to protect what little cash they have in the register? Also what owner would do the same?

Reactions: thewop
No big deal, he's from Chicago.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Finance85
Unless it was the owner, who in their right mind is going to risk death to protect what little cash they have in the register? Also what owner would do the same?
Yeah, I wouldn't do it to protect the store. But 97 is correct, I would do it to protect my life.

The robber will find Florida courts, particularly in the Panhandle, won't be treating armed robbery lightly.

I live by the words of Wade Garrett: when a man sticks a gun in your face, who got two choices; you can die or you can KILL THE M@THERF$CKER

I live by the words of Wade Garrett: when a man sticks a gun in your face, who got two choices; you can die or you can KILL THE M@THERF$CKER
Or tell him, "dude you can have whatever is on me. I don't care and I won't report you. Here take it." then once he's gone I will call 911 and let people properly trained and equipped to take it form there.

Or tell him, "dude you can have whatever is on me. I don't care and I won't report you. Here take it." then once he's gone I will call 911 and let people properly trained and equipped to take it form there.
Escambia County deputies aren't inclined to be very nice.

I guess you didn’t watch the link I put above in response.
Witness said the clerk did everything asked.
They shot him anyway.

Employee? Nah, have at it.

Owner? Totally different story. If you're trying to build a business and a life for yourself, and your store is how you're doing it, your only option is to face down someone trying to rob you. Because once you get a rep for just lying down when threatened, you can close up your shop. You will never NOT be robbed.

That's not for everyone...its not for me. But for someone who isn't willing to defend their store...best not open a store. But I'm glad there are people willing to do it, so stores like this are available for myself and others. If there weren't a lot of hard ass, big balls store owners (often immigrants) out there, in vast swaths of cities you wouldn't be able to buy smokes or toilet paper after 7pm. Cap tipped.

Wade never said that in Road House

Reactions: dgordo

You could ask the same question about the would-be robber

You could ask the same question about the would-be robber
Each actor has a rational decision to make. Obviously, the robber feels robbing the store is his best option for the risk, unless on drugs or mentally ill. Also on his list might be to kill witnesses, or someone who puts up a struggle. My rational decision is that I would try to give the robber as many reasons as not to kill me over a few hundred dollars, unless I really thought I was going to die, and I had a gun.

Yes, the alleged robber could say that. I doubt anyone from that part of town would believe him.
I am not completely sure what his intention was. Yes I would lean towards not good intentions and probably to rob. But he didn't come storming in with the gun ready to be pointed at someone and demanding money or take anything like what I would think would happen in a normal robbery. He just casually scrolled in with the gun pointed down the whole time. Perhaps that was because the employee already had his gun out and pointed at him, so he didn't have a chance.

I am just saying had he said I was just on my way to go hunting, camping or fishing and I was looking for x, then he would have a better defense to get off whatever from robbery. Doesn't mean he would have, but his defense lawyer would have something to work with.

I am not completely sure what his intention was. Yes I would lean towards not good intentions and probably to rob. But he didn't come storming in with the gun ready to be pointed at someone and demanding money or take anything like what I would think would happen in a normal robbery. He just casually scrolled in with the gun pointed down the whole time. Perhaps that was because the employee already had his gun out and pointed at him, so he didn't have a chance.

I am just saying had he said I was just on my way to go hunting, camping or fishing and I was looking for x, then he would have a better defense to get off whatever from robbery. Doesn't mean he would have, but his defense lawyer would have something to work with.
And the flip side is that if the clerk had shot him, the clerk would likely have gotten a free pass. The good thing is the alleged robber never pointed his gun at the clerk.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Eh, it's not the money, it's the principle. You let somebody rob you once they think they can do it all the time. The owner probably would have dropped him in his tracks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT