ADVERTISEMENT

I'm ready to take a bullet for Kirk...... I'm glad he is coach!!

Herkmeister

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2006
OK, 24 hours after that terrible Northwestern loss I'm over my anger. I strongly support our Head Coach, our staff, and our players. I'm grateful for what he as done at Iowa and how he has done it.
  • I'm very proud of how he represents us.
  • I'm very proud of his clean program.
  • I'm very proud of the players he recruits. (I know, he's not 100% but name an employer who hasn't made a bad hire.)
  • I'm proud of how he handles problems, be it losses or personnel. 2014 was tough. 2015 was special, and anybody with knowledge and experience knows he didn't just snap his fingers to make this happen. He had a plan and did it one day at a time.
So line up and fire away at me if you wish.

The joys I've experienced because of Kirk far outweigh a couple miserable losses or an occasional disappointing season.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I'm pretty frustrated with the offense against NW and Mich St, and I feel like the team should be better. But, overall I'm still happy with the program.

OK, 24 hours after that terrible Northwestern loss I'm over my anger. I strongly support our Head Coach, our staff, and our players. I'm grateful for what he as done at Iowa and how he has done it.
  • I'm very proud of how he represents us.
  • I'm very proud of his clean program.
  • I'm very proud of the players he recruits. (I know, he's not 100% but name an employer who hasn't made a bad hire.)
  • I'm proud of how he handles problems, be it losses or personnel. 2014 was tough. 2015 was special, and anybody with knowledge and experience knows he didn't just snap his fingers to make this happen. He had a plan and did it one day at a time.
So line up and fire away at me if you wish.

The joys I've experienced because of Kirk far outweigh a couple miserable losses or an occasional disappointing season.
KDQ40oC.gif

For the tough guys out there who insist on winning at all costs, let me show you what that looks like.

You tell me if you'd like to support a team and school like that.

Reactions: anon_snp6dc585nnj4
Well isn’t this cute. I can tell you for sure, ole boy KF absolutely loves these types. Contract thru 2025, while being paid elite money, for a very minimal ROI - usually 6 to 8 wins. With his offspring as the coach in waiting.

Should we give him an extension, OP?

https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-college-football-coaches/

KF is 10th in coaches comp. He's $6.5 million behind Saban, $4.5 million behind Harbaugh, and only $1 million more than PJ Fleck who is 27th. In 46th place is Gary Anderson at $2.5 million who just got fired mid-season. Kliff Kingsbury, who's team just got stomped by Iowa State, is #30 making $3.3 million.

Yes, KF is making elite money, but who's not making elite money?

hmm 2002 #8 11-2 followed
2003 10-2 # 8 final ranking followed by
2004 10-2 #8 final ranking
2008 9-4 #20 final ranking followed
2009 11-2 #7 final ranking
this by a team that develops players vs recruiting at the level of Alabama and OSU.
during KF's tenure he has done this
2002 8-0 BT Championship [shared 11-2 #8 final ranking
2003 10-2 #8 Final ranking
2004 10-2 7-1 BT Championship [shared] #8 final ranking
2008 9-4 #20 final ranking
2009 11-2 BCS Bowl win over the ACC Champion for a #7 final ranking
2013 2nd place finish in the BT Legends Division
2015 8-0 BT West Division Title 12-2 #9 final ranking
2016 2nd place finish in the BT West Division

yeah KF really has been a lousy coach. give it up already your hatred has been noted.

Reactions: hawks150 and sob5
hmm 2002 #8 11-2 followed
2003 10-2 # 8 final ranking followed by
2004 10-2 #8 final ranking
2008 9-4 #20 final ranking followed
2009 11-2 #7 final ranking
this by a team that develops players vs recruiting at the level of Alabama and OSU.
during KF's tenure he has done this
2002 8-0 BT Championship [shared 11-2 #8 final ranking
2003 10-2 #8 Final ranking
2004 10-2 7-1 BT Championship [shared] #8 final ranking
2008 9-4 #20 final ranking
2009 11-2 BCS Bowl win over the ACC Champion for a #7 final ranking
2013 2nd place finish in the BT Legends Division
2015 8-0 BT West Division Title 12-2 #9 final ranking
2016 2nd place finish in the BT West Division

yeah KF really has been a lousy coach. give it up already your hatred has been noted.
If you would have posted more statistics it would have seemed more legit.

yes

Iowa would have made the CFP as it was between Iowa and MSU for the 4th spot, but hey keep the hate and denial going if it feel that good about the crap you spew.
Ever hear of "should'a, would'a, could'a?" They would'a, if Kirk didn't gag away the B1G championship late in the 4th like countless times before and since! You and the OP should get a room....

Thanks man. This is like suicide by cop only slower and more painful.

The 12 year old comment was brilliant. No way I can handle these kinds of intellectual assaults without air support. :cool:

@TooMuchDumb has his A game tonight. :eek:

And @millah_22 insulting my bravery. That was like a hit from friendly fire. :(

Hate to see ya suffer, they just don’t know how to get the job done.

1503092399915.gif

Reactions: Herkmeister
We are lucky to have Kirk here I hate the thought of what could happen in Iowa City the day he packs his bags. He will leave big shoes to fill! For those of you that think he should be fired ....who realistically do you think would come to Iowa City and be better????

NW should not have been considered a toss up as we played thr #2 team in the country better than anyone thus far. NW shouldnt have been within 10pts.
Well Vegas is smarter than you or I

Plus have you ever considered the Penn State game was a fluke. We were out gained by 300 yards. We were fortunate to be in a position to win

Now that the powder puff schedules are over, this is the reality for Iowa football until 2025. 19 years and they guy hasn't figured out that the offense's goal is to score points. If you are going to run this outdated scheme, at least get a mobile QB who can scramble and make some plays with his legs.

ISU's offense got better with their back up. K-State gave OU a game with a 2nd time starter. We manage 58 total yards in the second half against NW with a solid QB and the 2nd best RB in the conference.

19 years is a long time for a coach.......not saying he hasn't done some good things here and there for the program.......he definitely lifted them out of the abyss in the early 2000's......the Orange Bowl was great. However, that was 8 seasons ago. Year after year, there seem to be so many winnable games that they lose because they don't adjust, especially offensively. I'm not saying fire the guy but I am saying that maybe a fresh new look would be ok. I'm willing to take the chance on a young up and coming coach or a proven coach that needs a new scene. One thing I will say.......I don't ever remember hearing him say that he is striving for a championship. I know talk is cheap but it would be nice for him to verbalize that is what he is recruiting and coaching for.........Just keep in mind, new look wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing after 19 years.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
Not hiring young coaches who are upwardly mobile is the sign of an insecure, control freak coach. See KF. Exit KOK and enter Greg Davis out of retirement. Exit Greg Davis and enter Brian Ferentz whose sum total of 0 OC experience made perfect sense given it doesn't matter who the OC is at Iowa. We lose a QB coach and instead of going and getting someone new, who might innovate, we recycle KOK. Using this logic, Greg Davis should be rehired for our next opening.

If not for Norm and Phil Parker's defenses, KF would be on par with Todd Lickliter in Iowa coaching lore.

Reactions: 24 so far
Well isn’t this cute. I can tell you for sure, ole boy KF absolutely loves these types. Contract thru 2025, while being paid elite money, for a very minimal ROI - usually 6 to 8 wins. With his offspring as the coach in waiting.

Should we give him an extension, OP?
My thoughts exactly. I read this again. https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ferentz-coach-contract-iowa-hawkeyes-football It shows that Ferentz has no shame and will take the University for a sweeet, expensive ride for as long as he can.

No can argue he’s not a great man.

Is he the best coach Iowa can get? The answer is definitely no.
All you have to do is look at Neb to answer your own Question or how about Texas they got the great Herman and look at what is happening there and they have both the name and in Texas's case the advantage of being in the middle of the top talent in the Nation,

maybe Iowa should go the Ol Miss route or lets find the FB = Stripper/Hooker/Adidas U in getting talent to win.

That's what's so bad about this. 19 years into this and that's the crap game plan for offense they had against NW?
you do realize that Iowa has these for 1st year starters on Offense
SO QB Stanley
JR JUCO transfer WR Easley
SO TE Fant
RSFR TE Hochenson
RSFR LT Jackson
FR RT Wirfs
backups
FR WR Smith-Marsette
FR WR Brandon Smith
RSFR RB Young
FR RB Kelly-Martin
that makes 7 RSFR/FR playing this season the 3 biggest that have the biggest impact on the Offense, QB Stanley and LT Jackson and RT Wirfs of course that has nothing to do with how the offense is doing.

Last edited:
you do realize that Iowa has these for 1st year starters on Offense
SO QB Stanley
JR JUCO transfer WR Easley
SO TE Fant
RSFR TE Hochenson
RSFR LT Jackson
FR RT Wirfs
backups
FR WR Smith-Marsette
FR WR Brandon Smith
RSFR RB Young
FR RB Kelly-Martin
that makes 7 RSFR/FR playing this season the 3 biggest that have the biggest impact on the Offense, QB Stanley and LT Jackson and RT Wirfs of course that has nothing to do with how the offense is doing.
1. Shouldn’t be in this position in year 19.

2. Your schtick is tiresome and old.

3. All you have are excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT