ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm sorry, I now understand that he is the antichrist"

First step is admitting Trump is who is, and to never vote for him again.

It’s very hard for people to admit they were fooled.

Some of you want them to go from MAGA to Liberal in one night, and it’s just not going to happen.

I think, Dems can survive losing this fall.
We can’t lose in 2024.

Reactions: mientkiewicz
Some of you want them to go from MAGA to Liberal in one night, and it’s just not going to happen.
How about just going from MAGA to Moderate?

Back to core Conservative principles.
Like "less government", where you don't have government forcing your wife or sister or daughter to "bleed out" for a week or more until she can get a D&E or D&C after a miscarriage?

They abandon conservative principles, because they never really had them in the first place.

How about just going from MAGA to Moderate?

Back to core Conservative principles.
Like "less government", where you don't have government forcing your wife or sister or daughter to "bleed out" for a week or more until she can get a D&E or D&C after a miscarriage?

They abandon conservative principles, because they never really had them in the first place.

I agree with what you’re saying.

I just don’t think you’re going to get millions of people to admit they are had over night.

I have hope it will happen, but not as fast as it should.

I agree with what you’re saying.

I just don’t think you’re going to get millions of people to admit they are had over night.

I have hope it will happen, but not as fast as it should.
Not as fast as it should be, but it is happening, albeit slowly. People who were once simply conservative Republicans long to return to their root. They will not become liberal Democrats, but I hope, and believe, that enough of them will peel off of the Great Tricker to deny him office again.

But if it’s him then I will vote for him over any Dem. Why? Because I’m a piece of shit in addition to being a complete moron and do not care about the Constitution, rule of law, or the integrity of our system of democracy and only care about myself and my feelings.
FIFY

Reactions: littlez
There’s nothing wrong with being conservative and voting Republican
I agreed with this most of my life and have voted republican myself. Considering what the modern Republican party has morphed into since being taken over by the NRA and religious nuts and collectively bowing at the altar of a conman like Trump I would have to disagree.

The decent people in the party get run out and ridiculed these days

She is a Republican, and she will support the next Republican nominee...unless its Donald Trump.
It's just one woman, and it's just her opinion, but to me it's telling. This is a woman I used to be close to, a woman I respected, a staunch Republican, but an honest one back then. She was a straight shooter once. A name that many of you would know. She was a conservative who once made sense. She had many good ideas for both the nation and the state of Iowa. Many of her ideas helped to shape law in Iowa, especially as it related to children...and from the sidelines I supported her in that back then. She and Mrs. Bean had some good tangles over the years, but it was always in a reasonable and respectful way. Then 2016 came and we ruptured. Last night at a small social gathering at a long time mutual friend's home she approached me, looked me in the eye and said "I'm sorry, I now understand he is the antichrist". We laughed. She nodded her head, and we laughed again. She later told my wife that although she could have never voted for or supported Joe Biden in any way, shape or form, she now deeply regrets her support and vote for Donald Trump. It's only one woman, but it sure made the event that we had both been dreading a happy one instead for both me and Mrs. Bean. This morning I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, the worm is beginning to turn.
She's not at all sorry about her vote. She will vote for every Republican who still supports him. Saying "I'll never vote for Trump again but I'll still support any Republican" (and she will) is, to invoke Godwin, like saying "I'll never support Hitler but I'll still back Goebbels and Himmler and Goering and all those guys."

My bet is she'd vote for Trump tomorrow if he dyed his hair and changed his name to Crump. He might not even need to dye his hair. Or change his name.

ADVERTISEMENT