ADVERTISEMENT

I'm starting to rethink Trump's tweet...

First of all, of course they were out in force.

I'm on record, if Trump doesn't get a trade deal done, within 3 months (later would be an election scam) he's worse than Jr. who gave away the surplus and created a geopolitical catastrophe that will take Tulsi to get us out of at best . . . not to mention the intellectual dishonesty of the right, and now frankly the left to ignore the financial tsunami headed our way in 15 years w/ debt thanks to his GD tax cut in a good economy. ****!

Ignoring health care has created a financial prison system where people can't even leave a job they don't like or pursue something they do full-time because they need benefits.

I don't think Trump was serious about becoming President, he even admitted as mush in his speech in Michigan after the election. He was trying to build influence w/ Putin because that's where his financial future was. Unfortunately, he loved attention, he got it for free, he voiced the anger/frustration of rural areas and holy. shit. he got elected.

In the mean time he projects the idea that him getting picked on is picking on America. That's a legit strategy because there are swing voters that want to hear about a "good" economy, not "my feelings are hurt".

My position, from the start, has been, you're ignoring the messaging. Bush went with: "you're with us or against us".
Trump's already lost the trade war. He's given up on both Huawei and intellectual property theft. It's not officially dead but there is no progress being made and Trump is actually conceding ground.

I saw clips of the House Republican's press conference this morning defending the president, saying that the tweet wasn't racist...and we should remember that the Republicans are the Party of Lincoln,

How long do they get to continue saying that like it's at all relevant to today, or that both parties have evolved considerably in the past 160 years? I'm really tired of that getting thrown out on a regular basis, because if we're going by that, then the Democrats are the Party of Jefferson (that guy who wrote the Declaration of Independence).

Did you see the smiley face?

75374193-cartoon-emoticon-smiley-face-waving-hello.jpg
did you see my like?

Trump's already lost the trade war. He's given up on both Huawei and intellectual property theft. It's not officially dead but there is no progress being made and Trump is actually conceding ground.
or, he's saving it for election. It would make the stock market take off.

Politicians do these things man. Jr. perpetrated the greatest election fraud imo ever (in my lifetime) using the terrorist threat level color chart . . . that we never saw again after he beat Kerry. He even pulled out a threat against Citi that was 2 effing years old to publicize, they created fake reports sent to local news stations of how great Part D was (I think Obama did something similar w/ ACA). He scared the shit out of his citizenry to use the psychology of not switching POTUS in a time of war.

You guys are arguing feelings (I don't like either party, I don't like identity politics and I don't like environmental ignorance or fiscal negligence), that's not a winner. He knows it.

Reactions: naturalmwa

Politicians do these things man. Jr. perpetrated the greatest election fraud imo ever (in my lifetime) using the terrorist threat level color chart . . . that we never saw again after he beat Kerry. He even pulled out a threat against Citi that was 2 effing years old to publicize, they created fake reports sent to local news stations of how great Part D was (I think Obama did something similar w/ ACA). He scared the shit out of his citizenry to use the psychology of not switching POTUS in a time of war.

You guys are arguing feelings (I don't like either party, I don't like identity politics and I don't like environmental ignorance or fiscal negligence), that's not a winner. He knows it.
I don't think Trump has the discipline to run a long con like this. The most likely answer is that Trump started this trade war, thinking it would be easy, it turned out to be excessively difficult, and Trump has to keep slogging through it because he is too narcissistic to admit that he was wrong and should just drop it.

I don't think Trump has the discipline to run a long con like this. The most likely answer is that Trump started this trade war, thinking it would be easy, it turned out to be excessively difficult, and Trump has to keep slogging through it because he is too narcissistic to admit that he was wrong and should just drop it.
Maybe, but he knows what got him elected.

What are you talking about...his entire campaign was based on scaring the crap out of people.

Glad you brought that up. I see a lot of people making "predictions" about what other people's attitudes are. And for the most part, I see a pattern with who is making predictions (very confident ones at that) in terms of political affiliation.

Well, usually we are making educated guesses. When a guy with his posting history adds “I don’t care if Trump is racist” it’s a pretty easy call.

And when Trump tells four minority women to go back where they came from - which is an iconic racial epithet - it’s dumb not to acknowledge the racism. In this case even some GOP folks are calling him out.

What are you talking about...his entire campaign was based on scaring the crap out of people.
It wasn't based on scaring people, more specifically though, feelings on both sides matter if that's your point, which is arguable.

It's like LC's "truth" article focusing on the left's use of "your individual truth". The obvious Left's counter argument is the lies of Trump. Regardless . . .

You have to use a little intuition here in right v left and priority w/ swing voters. Trump will sell he's making 'merica great, economy, you guys get us into wars etc. versus privileged people claiming discrimination, and whites in power focusing on feelings of those oppressed, ignoring the fact that life is hard for most regardless. It leaves out a hell of a lot of people.

Probably. Does that mean my conclusion isn't accurate?
Possibly. Possibly not though.

I do think it's very odd that you chose to comment on one post and not the initial post that triggered this conversation. A certain right leaning poster even called Muslims by a particular slang term (perhaps offensive) and I didn't see you post on that. It appears to me that you single out left leaning posters but don't hold those accountable whom you probably identify with more.

That's my conclusion.

I do think it's very odd that you chose to comment on one post and not the initial post that triggered this conversation. A certain right leaning poster even called Muslims by a particular slang term (perhaps offensive) and I didn't see you post on that. It appears to me that you single out left leaning posters but don't hold those accountable whom you probably identify with more.

That's my conclusion.

You used whom correctly.

My conclusion is that you can't possibly be a Trump supporter.

Reactions: naturalmwa

That's my conclusion.

I like to think it's because pepp holds me to a higher standard than speedracer, as he should.

My position, from the start, has been, you're ignoring the messaging. Bush went with: "you're with us or against us".
Fair enough...let's see if we can pin down your point:
Do we know that the 4 he's referencing aren't anti-white? He is a white president. How come one of the 4 aren't white, after all most in congress are white . . . same convenient conclusion.

What he said was the same thing rednecks said to the Dixie Chicks: if you don't like this country GTFO. It's nationalism, race is convenient.

I have no idea what that first paragraph is trying to say so I'm going to ignore it. In the second, you seem to be saying that his "message" is nationalism....the racist slant is simply convenient tp pull the racists on board. Is that correct? It seems to be your implication here:

First of all, of course they were out in force.

what? I said it IS NATIONALISM.
Here again you seem to be saying his "message" is most definitively nationalism rather than racism. So, again, Trump isn't a racist. It's just that his "message" can conveniently be cast as racist...to attract the white supremacists, right?

And Michael Smeconish, don't forget him. TDS.

He won't win an election on racism, he might on nationalism.
But go ahead and tell me how I feel about him since we've never met. Seriously, you're emotionally stunted.
And there's the rub. You seem to be saying that his message is deliberately cast as nationalism because that's how he could win re-election. That leaves us with two possibilities...either the racist undercurrent is also deliberate or it isn't. If they truly don't think his message has that racist slant, they're too f'n stupid to breathe so let's give them some intellectual credit and recognize that the "convenient" racism you see is also intended to draw the white supremacist vote. Making that racism deliberate. Making him a racist.

Does that work for you?

What that means is ANYONE who wants him defeated needs to point out that racism as clearly as possible rather than couching it in the terms HE sets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT