ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine being Coach Parker or Woods

Capital1Hawk

HR All-American
Jan 23, 2007
Your units continue to play lights out and relied on time and time again only to watch an offense suck a$$ year after year. How can they handle it being ultra competitors? I would be in a fight after every game.

I cannot imagine being Kirk right now…he put all his chips in the middle with Brian as OC/QB coach. Actually feel for him.

Your units continue to play lights out and relied on time and time again only to watch an offense suck a$$ year after year. How can they handle it being ultra competitors? I would be in a fight after every game.

I think it's pretty obvious coaches Parker and Woods are thrilled to be with Kirk Ferentz.

There was one close-up view of Parker after another awful offensive series today… and he didn’t look real pleased. I’m sure he was professional with his fellow coaches, but the look in his face was basically, “Brian, your offense is KILLING ME!!!”

Reactions: 24 so far
There was one close-up view of Parker after another awful offensive series today… and he didn’t look real pleased. I’m sure he was professional with his fellow coaches, but the look in his face was basically, “Brian, your offense is KILLING ME!!!”
Better take it easy with these takes or you’ll end up with another W 😉

• Haha
Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
This was the first time I have seen KF visibly pissed off on the sidelines. Nothing to do with a call but everything to do with offensive execution.

This offense was bad and he knows it. He’s always said the biggest improvement is week one to two…

Good thing you're not a coach. Coaches with that attitude are shown the door.
I totally get your point. And that's very valid, you can't have noticeable division within your coaching staff. But in this unique scenario, you have to agree that even if he does throw some bad attitude about continually having to prop this team up, Phil Parker is golden and unfireable. If he was to be axed with his accomplishments vs the woefully inept coaches son, all hell would break loose from the fan base, and likely other assistants and players as well. And even if he were, how long do you think he would be unemployed for?

And is why they have to have such a deep defense. I can only imagine what this team could be with a decent offense that is not in rebuilding mode year in and out!

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
LaVar should be our next head coach
Should happen sooner than later so we don't lose him.

Mentioned this in another thread, but Barta needs to pull the plug on Brian. I'm sure KF will be pissed about it, but he can leave of he is too upset. Move LW to HC hire his own OC and staff and keep the D just the way it is.

Love KF but it's time to move on of this doesn't change in a hurry. Wasting a top D and ST year after year is very frustrating.

I’m really hopeful that Woods is the next Head Hawk. Everything he touches turns to gold.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
This was the first time I have seen KF visibly pissed off on the sidelines. Nothing to do with a call but everything to do with offensive execution.

This offense was bad and he knows it. He’s always said the biggest improvement is week one to two…
So maybe we can get 3 safeties next week.

Crazy Hawk said:

------------------------------------------------------------------
If he is pissed about the team offensive play, he needs to be pissed at himself, period.

ADVERTISEMENT