ADVERTISEMENT

Immediately Eligible Transfers (Moss #20) & Sit One year Transfers Ranked

Blackshear, Thornton, Juiston....my picks, why the hell not. Immediately can play, with one or more years left. Quinnerly from Villanova, sit one play three another pick.

I would take every one of these guys! But it looks like most of these guys are committed already. My guess is that we are either too later, or they are not interested in Iowa...unfortunately.

There’s some good players on that list.. I’d be calling Jaylen Fisher ASAP! Sit a year to get healthy & strong and come be an all big ten point guard!

I posted as soon as he announced - Jahvon Quinerly. Our program desperately needs a PG (I know we're all hoping JT is a good one, but....); he is currently at Villanova, and our HC is supposed to be a "Philly guy." Even if JQ never panned out, if Fran were to get this guy to transfer to Iowa it would indicate that he may have recruiting prowess that he has yet to show.

Reactions: amahawk
I’m not a huge Fred H fan to say the least but it would be nice to have a active coach with some move and Shake.. if nothing at all Freddy will find and try out pieces to try to make the puzzle work.. I can respect that..

Not that I follow Nebraska that closely but from what I can tell Fred is signing a bunch of garbage transfers

Reactions: Underscore2
Man, all that talent sitting there and Fran nowhere to be found. Even Bluebloods taking players to improve their teams, but Iowa nowhere to be found, except for transfers out. I really thought Fran was a better coach and recruiter than he has shown to be. And he certainly doesn't scratch where it itches as Hayden used to say.

Man, all that talent sitting there and Fran nowhere to be found. Even Bluebloods taking players to improve their teams, but Iowa nowhere to be found, except for transfers out. I really thought Fran was a better coach and recruiter than he has shown to be. And he certainly doesn't scratch where it itches as Hayden used to say.

How many of those guys on the list, who are still uncommitted, has Fran had a conversation with?

We can laugh at Fred now, but Nebby basketball will pass us by in success in no time while we continue to recruit players that look more like a swim team or debate club. Iowa b-ball continues to be a train wreck.

I wouldn't say Iowa basketball is a train wreck. But you are correct in asserting the way Fran recruits makes it virtually impossible to sustain success.

I would add it limits the potential for achieving greater highs while making lows occur with more frequency.

In other words, we've likely seen the best Fran has to offer. And NIT seasons and losing seasons will be happening regularly.

Unless you're Duke, you need to be able to plug in holes through JUCOs and transfers. Fran was fortunate Uthoff was unhappy at Wisconsin. I can guarantee Iowa wouldn't have had three tourney appearances in a row without him.

I have no idea what Fran's philosophy is on JUCOs and transfers and how hard he does or doesn't go after them. What I do know is the Iowa fan base has some seriously delusional people who have a ridiculously high appraisal of the talent at Iowa. It absolutely is head scratching that so many believe guys like Nunge, CJ, Joe T, and PMac, guys with no college experience outside of Nunge, are just going to magically fill the void left by this year's departures or somehow elevate Iowa basketball to a higher level.

Whatever they're on, I'll take half.

We can laugh at Fred now, but Nebby basketball will pass us by in success in no time while we continue to recruit players that look more like a swim team or debate club. Iowa b-ball continues to be a train wreck.

Am I missing something here or is this just some good old fashioned racism? Last I checked swimmers are extremely athletic, but how does the team look like a debate club?

Hahaha..train wreck?

Am I missing something here or is this just some good old fashioned racism? Last I checked swimmers are extremely athletic, but how does the team look like a debate club?

I believe Roy is trying to say white and nonathletic

You are a Nebraska fan not an Iowa fan. Are you embarrassed by being a Husker fan? Is it hard that Nebraska keeps losing to Iowa in every sport that isn’t women’s Volleyball?

Following recruiting at Iowa is not a very fun endeavor. The guys Fran recruits over a period of years look to be great. We read an article or two about them, watch a highlight reel, but they almost never come to Iowa. Sometimes we make a final 3 or final 5 list. That's all fine because I understand you have to throw out a bunch of offers and hope for the best.

Then,in the more fast moving transfer market, we are almost never involved. People can make fun of Hoiberg or Prohm or whoever, but they always have seem to have options waiting... when one falls through they are right there for the next. They are playing the 2019 recruiting game while Iowa and its fans are decades behind.

In the end all that matters is who is on the court in November through March. The staff does get a competitive roster together most of the time. But paying attention to off season recruiting now is about as fun as watching as watching paint dry or a Lickliter coached game or a Greg Davis run offense with slow skill players, etc. etc.

Ah so he's just a racist. Got it, thanks!
Because so many Final Four teams start 4-5 white guys!!! ; )
In the past 30 years, maybe 4-5 total teams in the Final Four or Final 8 started more than one white guy????
White guys are surely taking over the NBA!! Not racist, just facts. Same goes for running backs and corners. How many white runningbacks and white cornerbacks are there in the NFL???? Answer: zero, and it’s been that way for decades. Not racist, just facts. You show me an NFL team starting two white corners, and I’ll show you a team going 4-12!

Reactions: andy1992
In the past 30 years, maybe 4-5 total teams in the Final Four or Final 8 started more than one white guy????
White guys are surely taking over the NBA!! Not racist, just facts. Same goes for running backs and corners. How many white runningbacks and white cornerbacks are there in the NFL???? Answer: zero, and it’s been that way for decades. Not racist, just facts. You show me an NFL team starting two white corners, and I’ll show you a team going 4-12!
Wow.

So, not only are white people too, well, white to play basketball at the highest levels you’re also inferring that black people aren’t capable or don’t belong on a debate team?

giphy.gif

Reactions: owenhawk

Is this Phenom's more aggressive brother?

Agree. Not sure why people have to pretend the stuff you are saying it not true and play the "You are racist" card. It's dumb actually. If nobody has noticed that white people are just not as good at basketball, Sprints, skill positions in the NFL. Then they are either hiding under a rock and never watch sports or they are trying to be so "Woke" that they avoid the reality of sports. Swimming is a majority white person event. This is not an opinion. These are facts. Watch the summer Olympics and then watch the Winter Olympics. Very few black people in the winter Olympics and a majority of the sprint type racist are dominated by Black people in the summer Olympics. Not sure why anyone is saying "wow" when that is the fact of the matter

Here is a fact. Out of the rivals top 150 for 2019. 10 players are white. 10. That is because basketball is dominated by Black and African American people. So when a poster questions why Iowa has 10 out of 13 players being white. There might be something to it.

Reactions: Roy L Fuchs
They are playing the 2019 recruiting game while Iowa and its fans are decades behind.

Its fans? What the heck does that mean? Iowa fans don't know how to cheer like it's 2019? Or are you suggesting that something about the fan base is inhibiting the coaching staff's effort to recruit? Please explain.

Jason Seahorn wasn't bad. Of course that was twenty plus years ago.

Otherwise, ugh. I think Adam Shada and want to vomit.

The bottomline is Fran brings in too many players, white and black, who suck. So that's problem numero uno. The other problem you are right on the money with in terms of the racial makeup of the team. If you look at the Top 150 players each year for high school seniors, the vast majority are black. That is just factual.

Fans can bitch and moan about that being "racist" all they want, but the reality is the team's lack of racial diversity hurts recruiting and is going to be spotlighted by other coaches. Frankly, those fans who want to play the race card for whitey can go find a Safe Zone to cry in. Facts are facts, whether people like them or not.

And the fact is Iowa is by and large slow and unathletic and that will likely be worse this year.

There's an assumption on the board that good players would be willing to transfer to Iowa. That subject would require a separate thread.

Following recruiting at Iowa is not a very fun endeavor. The guys Fran recruits over a period of years look to be great. We read an article or two about them, watch a highlight reel, but they almost never come to Iowa. Sometimes we make a final 3 or final 5 list. That's all fine because I understand you have to throw out a bunch of offers and hope for the best.

Then,in the more fast moving transfer market, we are almost never involved. People can make fun of Hoiberg or Prohm or whoever, but they always have seem to have options waiting... when one falls through they are right there for the next. They are playing the 2019 recruiting game while Iowa and its fans are decades behind.

In the end all that matters is who is on the court in November through March. The staff does get a competitive roster together most of the time. But paying attention to off season recruiting now is about as fun as watching as watching paint dry or a Lickliter coached game or a Greg Davis run offense with slow skill players, etc. etc.

This is why i don't bother (invest much time) with recruiting until the prospects actually sign.

hell, after Karon Higdon switched from Iowa to Michigan on signing day, why would any Iowa fan care all that much about a PROSPECT until they signed on the dotted line & faxed in their Letter of Intent?

Hell, the Tyler Ulis fiasco should have also taught us a lesson that we should only casually be interested in a recruit (& how they can help Iowa) until they finally sign. Why waste time, money and energy on somebody who might flip?

Texas tech just got a commit from a black guy from France. Needless to say he is not an African American. If u want me to call him a French African I willl but I’m pretty sure they go by black in France and not French African.
That’s just a function of the screwed up PC culture. What about a white guy from South Africa? He’s actually more African-American than 95% of the people referring to themselves as African American. What about a Muslim from Egypt?? Egyptian Muslim African American????

Reactions: andy1992
Its fans? What the heck does that mean? Iowa fans don't know how to cheer like it's 2019? Or are you suggesting that something about the fan base is inhibiting the coaching staff's effort to recruit? Please explain.

Sure I’ll explain. Clearly it was poorly worded on my part for you to draw those conclusions . I don’t think the fan base inhibits recruiting in any way. I think fans can cheer anyway they want in 2019 or whenever.

I thought I sorta made the reference but what I was trying to say is that my frustration was with some fans who mock coaches like Hoiberg or Prohm for taking transfers and the Transfer U type jokes . If it’s just a rivalry thing and people want to make fun of ISU or Nebraska then fine. I have no issue there.

But why limit the potential pool of players? Iowa basketball always seems to be one or two players short of something special. Not even saying a superstar but a piece they don’t have. Transfers - grad or sit out, international players, jucos, whatever .. I think fans should be open to any player. Embrace anyone who wants to come to Iowa and if it’s not a native Iowa kid, then so what- cheer for every Hawkeye.

In this era players are going to come and go- trying to go pro, move up or down a level to get playing time, etc etc. I don’t think it makes for a better game. It’s probably worse and not as interesting as it was decades ago. But I think instead of pining away for a long gone era- embrace the current era of massive player movement. Be ready to change year to year and go get players it takes to win.

That’s just a function of the screwed up PC culture. What about a white guy from South Africa? He’s actually more African-American than 95% of the people referring to themselves as African American. What about a Muslim from Egypt?? Egyptian Muslim African American????

I guess that's why I generally refer to all black people as "black." If it's done respectfully there should not be any offense taken. When I see or hear about American black folks insisting on being referred to as "African-American," I consider that histrionics more than anything else.

You are a Nebraska fan not an Iowa fan. Are you embarrassed by being a Husker fan? Is it hard that Nebraska keeps losing to Iowa in every sport that isn’t women’s Volleyball?
Does that include the Husker subs beating Iowa in Basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT