ADVERTISEMENT

IMPEACHMENT HEARING THREAD

It blows holes right through the narrative. Taylor looks like a guy who has no idea what is going on.
He didn't know several things that were going on. And that was by design. Sondland (who is the EU ambassador and Ukraine is not in the EU) was taking control. They (Trump, Sondland, Pompeo, Ghouliani, etc) couldn't pull this off if those meddling honest people were aware.

Great Matlock episode just starting on cable this one is from 1987 entitled "Blind Justice" kinda fits nicely today, a blind man kills the man who blinded him and frames the man's girlfriend. The blind guy looks amazing like Adam Schiff, who I thought was sort of blind to begin with. The script in this episode is much better than the script Mr. Schiff and his cronies are reading from today.

Great Matlock episode just starting on cable this one is from 1987 entitled "Blind Justice" kinda fits nicely today, a blind man kills the man who blinded him and frames the man's girlfriend. The blind guy looks amazing like Adam Schiff, who I thought was sort of blind to begin with. The script in this episode is much better than the script Mr. Schiff and his cronies are reading from today.
Serious question: do you think this "Matlock" story is still witty? Or not played-out by now? We get it. You don't like the hearings.

Don’t you find it odd that Ukraine didn’t know the aid was withheld? Taylor saying he had no personal knowledge of the aid being withheld and the Ukraine people not asking him about it in 3 separate meetings?

this is a joke

They did eventually find out, and weren’t happy. You should watch the testimony instead of listening to the right wing spin.

Bish got owned.

Ben owned this chair.

Matlock-Episodic_MAT-00016051d-300x300.jpg

Serious question: do you think this "Matlock" story is still witty? Or not played-out by now? We get it. You don't like the hearings.

I find both Matlock and the fictional drama taking place today on Capitol Hill similar but Matlock was better scripted than the crap going on in Capitol Hill.

This sets Sondland up to be an extremely important witness. It'll be interesting to see how Gym and Nunes treat him. He can do a lot of damage to Trump if he wants.

This. The Republicans are grasping desperately at the hearsay evidence straw. Sondland by all accounts spoke directly to Trump.

Not that it will matter. The Republican Senate will watch the impeachment polls carefully, then fall into line.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Kind of a rough day for Republicans. They spent a lot of time arguing that Trump cares deeply about Ukraine because he gave more aid to them than Obama.

But then the new phone call was introduced today which has Trump saying that he cares more about investigating Biden than he does about Ukraine.

Gotta be frustrating to have one of your few decent defenses of Trump get shattered by the reality of how he really feels.

I’ve literally read nothing in this thread, but I’m going to take a stab at how it sounds.

R-read the transcript, this is a witch-hunt
D-no, Trump is a crook

About right?

I’ve literally read nothing in this thread, but I’m going to take a stab at how it sounds.

R-read the transcript, this is a witch-hunt
D-no, Trump is a crook

About right?
Not really.

The "witch hunt" defense has now been debunked by longtime professional, non-partisan witnesses.

Now the GOP talking point is that Trump is innocent because while he tried to bribe/extort Ukrainian officials, he was prevented from doing so by those aforementioned professionals, so he shouldn't be impeached.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT