ADVERTISEMENT

In 2 years, what has the Biden Administration done well?

If anyone is being objective and understands economics, then we know inflation is the fault of the 2020 and the 2021 congress, as well as both Presidents. High gas prices are the result of liberal agenda to reduce fossil fuel production and the war in Ukraine. Supply Chain issues are the result of the how the world responded to Covid (Supply Chain issues might have been worse if not for the response or they could have been better with no response. We don't know).
That's an explanation for fuel prices and inflation here in the U.S. The point I made was that both fuel and inflation are at all-time highs GLOBALLY. If folks want to blame Biden for what's going on in the states, that's fair game. But how did the "liberal agenda" affect fuel prices in Europe, Asia, etc.?

Hahaha, I have forgotten more about SPSS than you have ever known. Good one though Tar.
Great. Then tell us - just a rough count - how many "healthy adults" you would find in the US. Then take that number and multiply it by your 1%. Let us know what your number of deaths would be.

If it helps, there are approximately 70 million baby boomers, 65 million GenXers, 72 million millenials, and 67 million GenZers. You can determine how many of them would be considered adults and healthy. Use your fingers if necessary...no one is watching.

• Love
Reactions: TheCainer
Notice how I'm not putting this on Biden as much as I am democratic policies? Much of this bed WAS made before he took office. Much of the bed was made by democratic policies. To answer your question: we had shipments of oil sitting in tankers off the coast of california/africa/ south America for months because they couldn't get into US ports because of bullshit covid restrictions. Turkey imports from Germany, russia, China, and US mainly. 1 of those countries is in a war, 2 of them are paying for a war, and one of which doesn't give a **** about the world. Remember when Joe went to China and asked them to open up the reserves? How did that go? They told him to kick rocks.
That's a better answer. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but I appreciate your response.

Great. Then tell us - just a rough count - how many "healthy adults" you would find in the US. Then take that number and multiply it by your 1%. Let us know what your number of deaths would be.

If it helps, there are approximately 70 million baby boomers, 65 million GenXers, 72 million millenials, and 67 million GenZers. You can determine how many of them would be considered adults and healthy. Use your fingers if necessary...no one is watching.
Are you disputing that covid killed 1% of healthy people?

That's an explanation for fuel prices and inflation here in the U.S. The point I made was that both fuel and inflation are at all-time highs GLOBALLY. If folks want to blame Biden for what's going on in the states, that's fair game. But how did the "liberal agenda" affect fuel prices in Europe, Asia, etc.?
I have no issue with how you differentiate the US vs. Global. I can speak to my perceptions, but the data may contradict my perceptions. If it does, then I will happily admit my perceptions are wrong.

I believe the US were net exporters of oil under Trump and we are now net importers. Our US energy policies have taken away global supply when Europe is already dealing with energy shortages.

Regarding inflation, it is about the money supply. The combination of the US being the largest economic country and increasing their own money supply by over 40% is going to impact the globe.

Again, these are my perceptions. I believe they were formed by what I have read over the past several years, but I am also aware of how our biases can form our perceptions more than facts. Which is why i enjoy hearing from others with different points of view when it is done with objectivity and decorum.

I have spotted a handful of posters whose posts are filled with emotion. I don't take them seriously.

Can't handle the math?
I'm trying to avoid a fools errand. Are you wanting to know what percentage of each age group would be healthy? Are you trying to imply 1% of that total would have perished? It's a distraction to get away from the fact we went wayyyyyyy over the top and slit our own wrist.

You and I are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I clearly remember the cey being "get back to work" and everyday the democratic lead push about how scary something that kills 1% of healthy adults was.
I'm saying Trump literally was the one who shut things down (I think it was in May but can't recall exact date). He literally did more to that end on an actual impact basis than any Dem did.

I do agree that Dems wanted to do more (shutdowns, masks, vaccine requirements) but never actually put anything into place on that end. At least not on a large scale. So this entire idea that there was a "democratic lead shutdown" just isn't true.

I'm trying to avoid a fools errand. Are you wanting to know what percentage of each age group would be healthy? Are you trying to imply 1% of that total would have perished? It's a distraction to get away from the fact we went wayyyyyyy over the top and slit our own wrist.
So one of two things is true. You either actually can't do the simple math or you've realized your statement was kind of idiotic on it's face and now you're desperately trying to deflect. Either way, my job is done.

We all know China & Ukraine has been rewarded. What have they done for American people?

Record gas prices

Record food prices

Record inflation

Record crime

Shortage on everything

Stock market is a mess

Southern border is in chaos
I know this is outside the scope of your query, but breaking a promise made years ago to the Afghani people, will have ramifications for decades to come. We are already seeing it in hotspots around the globe. No one worries about our response any longer.

The world is a problematic place and we had assumed the role of managing director since WWII. Our abandonment of this commitment is a huge mistake, and we will ultimately pay.

He is now dragging his feet in Ukraine. How lame can leadership get? He is going to screw around and blow this thing. Biden has found a country that has been trained by us, is willing to fight for their/our values and he is treating them like Afghanis. Ukraine is a beacon for everything Western, and he is going to ultimately cave.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I'm saying Trump literally was the one who shut things down (I think it was in May but can't recall exact date). He literally did more to that end on an actual impact basis than anycommittee.
I 100% wish Trump would have told them no but it wasn't the red states leading the charge on needing to be locked down. Hell Trump JR, aka DeSantis, got grilled for Florida wanting to be open whearas New York was viewed as this crown jewel, until it wasn't.

I do agree that Dems wanted to do more (shutdowns, masks, vaccine requirements) but never actually put anything into place on that end.

They did though. There were many "value states" that maintained infringments much longer.

At least not on a large scale. So this entire idea that there was a "democratic lead shutdown" just isn't true.
I see what your saying and when you are the leader it all rolls up to you. I'm assuming you feel that way about the 100 mile ICE warrantless searches also?

I have to laugh at this..... We have triple the debt with rising interest rates. You can't compare to 2000 or 2008 when we haven't bottomed out and now saying a 74% chance for recession by 2024.
Sure I can compare it. I just did.

Look, there is way too much hyperbole in this day and age. Hell @Whiskeydeltadeltatango and I disagree on tons of political shit but we mostly agree on this point. Everyone wants to say economically things are shit right now because it makes voters pissed and gets them to vote in November. Dems are gonna get their ass kicked. Dems are also likely to lose the WH in '24.

That being said, I think we need to calm down and try to honestly assess the situation. I currently do not believe this is nearly as bad as 2008. That could change of course. Also, I don't think you need to wait until 2024 for a recession. We are currently in one right now imo. That will either be confirmed or not in another month once 2nd qtr GDP is released.

Still with me? Ok. Not every recession is the same. Hell, we just had a recession in 2020 and you are still alive, right? A mild recession could actually help cool off insane housing markets and tamper inflation. It might not be all bad. The same way many bitch about lefties overreacting to COVID, well that's how righties are overreacting to the economy.

I graduated into the Great Recession of '08-'09. That sucked balls. Much worse than this current period imo.

So one of two things is true. You either actually can't do the simple math or you've realized your statement was kind of idiotic on it's face and now you're desperately trying to deflect. Either way, my job is done.
It's a simple question, which one are you wanting me to prove? I'm not going on a goose chase.

I know this is outside the scope of your query, but breaking a promise made years ago to the Afghani people, will have ramifications for decades to come. We are already seeing it in hotspots around the globe. No one worries about our response any longer.

The world is a problematic place and we had assumed the role of managing director since WWII. Our abandonment of this commitment is a huge mistake, and we will ultimately pay.

He is now dragging his feet in Ukraine. How lame can leadership get. He is going to screw around and blow this thing. Biden has found a country that has been trained by us, is willing to fight for their/our values and he is treating them like Afghanis. Ukraine is a beacon for everything Western, and he is going to ultimately cave.
What should Biden do, then? Sounds like you have all the answers.

They did though. There were many "value states" that maintained infringments much longer.
Like what? Mask requirements? So what? The US was never really shut down the way many European and Asian countries were.

We are just babies and cry about every little thing imo.

I see what your saying and when you are the leader it all rolls up to you. I'm assuming you feel that way about the 100 mile ICE warrantless searches also?
I'm honestly not following you here. I'm with you on it all rolling up to the leader. That's why Biden won't win another term. I just don't know what ICE has to do with this.

Uhhh...I know it's a simple question. I asked it. You've now spent multiple posts refusing to answer it while claiming you're some kind of statistics savant.
"Are you wanting to know what percentage of each age group would be healthy? Are you trying to imply 1% of that total would have perished?"

Quit acting like a guy who deals with children that don't know how to tell him to shove his bullshit up his ass all day. You want to have a conversation, let's do so.

Like what? Mask requirements? So what? The US was never really shut down the way many European and Asian countries were.
Vaccination status, quarantine, gatherings. (Remember when strugis was thr big deal?)

We are just babies and cry about every little thing imo.

I'm honestly not following you here. I'm with you on it all rolling up to the leader. That's why Biden won't win another term. I just don't know what ICE has to do with this.
(When discussing ice's ability to now conduct warrantless searches the fallback is often that Biden isn't driving it which contradicts the everything rolls up idea) based off what your saying I'm willing to bet you acknowledge he should have done more to kill that.

Last edited:
Sure I can compare it. I just did.

Look, there is way too much hyperbole in this day and age. Hell @Whiskeydeltadeltatango and I disagree on tons of political shit but we mostly agree on this point. Everyone wants to say economically things are shit right now because it makes voters pissed and gets them to vote in November. Dems are gonna get their ass kicked. Dems are also likely to lose the WH in '24.

That being said, I think we need to calm down and try to honestly assess the situation. I currently do not believe this is nearly as bad as 2008. That could change of course. Also, I don't think you need to wait until 2024 for a recession. We are currently in one right now imo. That will either be confirmed or not in another month once 2nd qtr GDP is released.

Still with me? Ok. Not every recession is the same. Hell, we just had a recession in 2020 and you are still alive, right? A mild recession could actually help cool off insane housing markets and tamper inflation. It might not be all bad. The same way many bitch about lefties overreacting to COVID, well that's how righties are overreacting to the economy.

I graduated into the Great Recession of '08-'09. That sucked balls. Much worse than this current period imo.
I think this is why you think 08' was worse b/c you were personally impacted by it. You are young and haven't accumulated enough wealth yet to know a nice ass kicking. The dot com recession took the nasdaq 15 years to recover after losing 75% value.

I'm saying Trump literally was the one who shut things down (I think it was in May but can't recall exact date). He literally did more to that end on an actual impact basis than any Dem did.

Shutdowns were primarily directed at the state level,... and I don't think there's any question that red states were generally less restricted, more open and fully re-opened sooner than blue states.

accination status, quarantine, gatherings. (Remember when strugis was thr big deal?)
Yes but I think the economic impact of those were limited. I mean, Sturgis still happened in its full glory so no real economic loss there.

(When discussing ice's ability to now conduct warrantless searches thr fallback is often that Biden isn't enough is driving it which contradicts the everything rolls up idea) based off what your saying I'm willing to bet you acknowledge he should have done more to kill that.
Yea, probably. To be honest, I don't follow the border issues near as much as economic issues. The irony of the border issue is we need more cheap labor. However, I do think it's important to vet incoming migrants as much as possible. There should be an easy middle ground for both sides but alas it's 2022 so nope lol.

Ultimately, Biden will get (and does) blame for this. The reason he will likely lose in 2024 is because many of the ardent far left do not think he does enough for them. And the Right will never like him. I could see lots of one term Presidents going forward.

Interesting to see all the trumpbagger and other conservatives here in this bait thread but none in the thread about the former governor and leading GOP senate candidate threatening to kill other republicans.

Reactions: TheCainer
I think this is why you think 08' was worse b/c you were personally impacted by it. You are young and haven't accumulated enough wealth yet to know a nice ass kicking. The dot com recession took the nasdaq 15 years to recover after losing 75% value.
For me personally, yea. Inflation was low but it didn't matter when you couldn't find a decent job lol.

Trust me, I'm feeling this like anyone else. I have plenty of assets out there (I'm a retire early guy, FIRE) so I see the decline. At the same time, my career has taken off over the past few years (along with my wife, no pics) so we are doing really well there. Probably upper middle class (but still HROT poor :(

The point is the economy is still doing well right now and I see brand new college grads getting 2-3x the income I did just over a decade ago. And I'm not complaining because I am reaping the benefits as well. So yea, inflation sucks but so too does a low paying job!

I do agree that Dems wanted to do more (shutdowns, masks, vaccine requirements) but never actually put anything into place on that end. At least not on a large scale. So this entire idea that there was a "democratic lead shutdown" just isn't true.
So Trump pulled that out of his rump without any consultation from any?

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
My point was that he abetted this incursion by bailing on Afghanistan.

... but since Russia is now over the border of a near-Nato ally, he should back them with everything we have ... including air support for the Ukranian troops. He should not pause in support or take a break from it and he should absolutely NOT look like he is wavering.

Putin is of the opinion that he can wait us out; this will take resolve on our part. I am not sure Biden is up to the task.

Now what he should really do, is bring in David Petraeus, let him draw up a plan and follow it to the letter.

Of course I have all the answers ... I have been watching this guy Biden deflect and blow smoke for 40 years. Everyone in the land should have better answers than those provided by our dear POTUS ... including yourself.

He is always a "Half-way" guy ... if he even gets to the half-way mark. He often falls short of that.

His big thing is getting verbal agreement and then never holding anyone to their agreements ... so tread carefully in your thoughts!

Last edited:
Reactions: seminoleed
How would you like me to be more specific?

Do I think the US economy and thus the world economy would be better if we didn't have draconian measures put in place due to.covid? Yes. Do I think those measures were vastly lead by democrates, yes. Do I think the current admin is in a headlock with our energy industry? Yes. Do I think Trumps tariffs also impacted our ability to get things from.China, absolutely. Do I think we need to.find a way to get off china's tit; but trying to save money while making less is hard, absolutely. Do I think there is very little consumer confidence in this administration to not **** things up and thus people.have pulled in the reigns hard and fast, absolutely.

How far would you like to discuss this?
How did Biden and the Dems take over Red China? Honestly, the “supply chain” problems have their roots in Asia…..and when you say Asia, you mean Red China. Everything China has done in response to Covid has been the wrong thing to do. Xi is in the fight of his political life to remain in power. And remember, American corporations are the folks who made decisions decades ago to rely on Red China to supply tge world….not Joe Biden.

Reactions: HawkCat
How did Biden and the Dems take over Red China? Honestly, the “supply chain” problems have their roots in Asia…..and when you say Asia, you mean Red China. Everything China has done in response to Covid has been the wrong thing to do. Xi is in the fight of his political life to remain in power. And remember, American corporations are the folks who made decisions decades ago to rely on Red China to supply tge world….not Joe Biden.
How did they take over? They didn't. They have sent china boatloads of money.

Trump wanted to get off china's tit, it was and is going to hurt, but the timing was shitty.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Biden has been a very poor president. Historically poor. Policies aside, this administration just sucks at the job of being president. Literally two administrations in a row that are terrible at messaging, give out mixed messages, have all kinds of infighting and cross-purposes behind the scenes, needlessly (and dishonestly) inflame partisan rhetoric, and are just very incompetent when it comes basic political tasks like taking wins where you can get them and not regularly self-owning.

That said, I think Biden has for the most part been good on Ukraine and Israel.

I legit struggle to find more positives than that, either policy wise or politics wise. In my life, I never thought we would see two big balls of suck in a row like this when it comes to basic competence of an administration. It's really almost unfathomable. The fact that Biden has spent half a century in DC, and this is the best they can put together, I think it's inarguable that he's diminished.

It has caused me to somewhat re-evaluate just how much personal attention and gravitas and authority is required out of a president. In my lifetime, I've seen relatively raw young newcomers like Clinton, GWB and Obama take office, surround themselves with a team, and execute the basic powers of the office with varying degrees of success, but well above what I would consider minimal baseline competence. I think it led me to believe that given the support system assembled, to some extent (and this is an exaggeration) "anybody could do it."

Yeah, not even close. I think I probably badly underestimated those three presidents just in terms of how reliant an administration is in having stable direction and decision making, and strong top down leadership from the big chair. If any administration should have been able to run on mostly auto-pilot it should be a Biden administration, but I just no longer think it's possible.

Biden has been a very poor president. Historically poor. Policies aside, this administration just sucks at the job of being president. Literally two administrations in a row that are terrible at messaging, give out mixed messages, have all kinds of infighting and cross-purposes behind the scenes, needlessly (and dishonestly) inflame partisan rhetoric, and are just very incompetent when it comes basic political tasks like taking wins where you can get them and not regularly self-owning.

That said, I think Biden has for the most part been good on Ukraine and Israel.

I legit struggle to find more positives than that, either policy wise or politics wise. In my life, I never thought we would see two big balls of suck in a row like this when it comes to basic competence of an administration. It's really almost unfathomable. The fact that Biden has spent half a century in DC, and this is the best they can put together, I think it's inarguable that he's diminished.

It has caused me to somewhat re-evaluate just how much personal attention and gravitas and authority is required out of a president. In my lifetime, I've seen relatively raw young newcomers like Clinton, GWB and Obama take office, surround themselves with a team, and execute the basic powers of the office with varying degrees of success, but well above what I would consider minimal baseline competence. I think it led me to believe that given the support system assembled, to some extent (and this is an exaggeration) "anybody could do it."

Yeah, not even close. I think I probably badly underestimated those three presidents just in terms of how reliant an administration is in having stable direction and decision making, and strong top down leadership from the big chair. If any administration should have been able to run on mostly auto-pilot it should be a Biden administration, but I just no longer think it's possible.
I legit LOL'd at "two big balls of suck".

ADVERTISEMENT