ADVERTISEMENT

In 20-30 years, how will you remember this class?

StormHawk42

HB Legend
Nov 3, 2009
Fran got these 3 guys to commit on the heels of an 11-20 season. They have two NIT's and two NCAA appearances.

As it stands today, not even considering what happens in the NCAA, what will you think about when thinking about this class, White in particular?

I think I will compare it to the Sanders-Gallery-Hodge-Clark bunch of the early 2000s for football. That core group of guys put it on their shoulders to bring Iowa out of the cellar in the late 90s.

I will always have positive memories of this class because as Fran's first true recruiting class (where he didn't have re-recruit guys), they pulled Iowa out of the gutter. The Lick years seem further and further away.

Will this class be remembered as one of the greats, with some of the 80s classes or the Horner-Brunner-Haluska bunch?

Depends how far they get in the tournament. If they lose in the second round I will remember them the same as I did numerous Tom Davis teams in the 90's. If they get farther, well, we'll see.

30 years? I will be grateful to remember where I am and whether I shit my diapers.

I'll probably be watching a game with Roy and he'll say for the 50,000 time..."Remember when they raised my Jersey?"

And I'll say, "Yeah....shut up and watch your Grandkids play."

Originally posted by BioHawk:
Depends how far they get in the tournament. If they lose in the second round I will remember them the same as I did numerous Tom Davis teams in the 90's. If they get farther, well, we'll see.
I guess I have a different view because those teams never had to piece the entire program's reputation. Everyone knew Iowa was a middle-of-the-road pressing high scoring team that always made the tourney but never made any noise. But I feel like this team has done so much more than that because they've pretty much brought Iowa into a new era.

I like to think I'll have better things to do in 30 years than reminisce about that time I watched some basketball games.

Originally posted by nu2u:
30 years? I will be grateful to remember where I am and whether I shit my diapers.
roll.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT