ADVERTISEMENT

In case you needed more evidence that conservatives are the world's biggest...

Look bud, I’m here to talk sports and news. Quit making insane allegations.
giphy.gif

In another universe there's the conservative Lizzo, dressed traditionally, if not patriotically, standing in front of a crowd at a state function playing the start spangled banner on the crystal flute. Republicans give her a standing ovation.

They probably would have freaked the F out
Finally. A liberal on this board who’s willing to admit that Ciggy was wrong when he said there would have been no problem if it had been a pretty, young white girl.

It’s not much but I’ll take what I can get.

In another universe there's the conservative Lizzo, dressed traditionally, if not patriotically, standing in front of a crowd at a state function playing the start spangled banner on the crystal flute. Republicans give her a standing ovation.
And liberals decrying using an irreplaceable piece of Americana for propaganda purposes. :)

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Finally. A liberal on this board who’s willing to admit that Ciggy was wrong when he said there would have been no problem if it had been a pretty, young white girl.

It’s not much but I’ll take what I can get.
But you are willing to admit that Lizzo being an outspoken loud and proud fat black liberal is also a triggering factor to the current outrage, right? I'd think you'd have to be living in a media vacuum to not pick up on that.

Reactions: Rudolph
But you are willing to admit that Lizzo being an outspoken loud and proud fat black liberal is also a triggering factor to the current outrage, right? I'd think you'd have to be living in a media vacuum to not pick up on that.
I’m sure it’s on the list of reasons they don’t like Lizzo. But I doubt that it was the primary reason behind their criticism and it certainly wasn’t 100% of the reason, as some posters have claimed.

I’m sure it’s on the list of reasons they don’t like Lizzo. But I doubt that it was the primary reason behind their criticism and it certainly wasn’t 100% of the reason, as some posters have claimed.

Why say "they" instead of "we" or "their" instead of "our". Are you indicating you're not one of them?

Why say "they" instead of "we" or "their" instead of "our". Are you indicating you're not one of them?
I’ve explained this already. I don’t care about James Madison’s flute and I don’t care that Lizzo played it. I didn’t even know the flute existed until last week.

What I do care about is posters like Ciggy trying to turn this into a racial issue when it was not. He claimed there would be no problem if Lizzo was a pretty, young white girl, and that’s blatantly false. There would be quite an uproar from conservatives if Miley Cyrus or Ariana Grande played an historical presidential artifact onstage at a pop concert while wearing a thong leotard and twerking.

That’s the beginning, middle, and end of my point in this thread.

Reactions: sob5
I’ve explained this already. I don’t care about James Madison’s flute and I don’t care that Lizzo played it. I didn’t even know the flute existed until last week.

What I do care about is posters like Ciggy trying to turn this into a racial issue when it was not. He claimed there would be no problem if Lizzo was a pretty, young white girl, and that’s blatantly false. There would be quite an uproar from conservatives if Miley Cyrus or Ariana Grande played an historical presidential artifact onstage at a pop concert while wearing a thong leotard and twerking.

That’s the beginning, middle, and end of my point in this thread.

It's your opinion (just like his) that it's "blatantly false" they wouldn't have been upset. You can't say that as fact just like he can't.

Ariana Grande isn't white. That's a bad example.

It's your opinion (just like his) that it's "blatantly false" they wouldn't have been upset. You can't say that as fact just like he can't.

Ariana Grande isn't white. That's a bad example.
Anyone who thinks this would have blown up the conservative blogophere had it been Cyrus is an idiot. They might not have liked it - once it was pointed out that it had actually occurred - but they would not have taken to the intertubes like a pack of rabid dogs.

That's an opinion - it's also far more likely than anyone claiming the reactions would have been equivalent.

Anyone who thinks this would have blown up the conservative blogophere had it been Cyrus is an idiot.
Lol. Cyrus has devoted most of her career to getting a rise out of conservatives with her sexually provocative behavior ever since she ditched the Hannah Montana persona. And they’re almost always quick to indulge her with their outrage.

And Ariana Grande once had to cancel concerts because a video of her licking a donut and putting it back on the shelf went
viral and caused a backlash on social media. You don’t think conservatives would lose their shit if she played played James Madison’s crystal flute onstage while twerking in a thong leotard?

What universe are you living in?

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
Lol. Cyrus has devoted most of her career to getting a rise out of conservatives with her sexually provocative behavior ever since she ditched the Hannah Montana persona. And they’re almost always quick to indulge her with their outrage.

And Ariana Grande once had to cancel concerts because a video of her licking a donut and putting it back on the shelf went
viral and caused a backlash on social media. You don’t think conservatives would lose their shit if she played played James Madison’s crystal flute onstage while twerking in a thong leotard?

What universe are you living in?

I'm no fan of conservatives but it does seem like the leftists are engaging in selective noticing of conservative outrage here. Conservatives had a conniption when Cyrus decided to Twerk on Robin Thicke at some awards show. Not likely that they are going to just stay quiet if she's twerking while playing James Madison's flute.

Reactions: TJ8869
Dude, do you just live to argue?
When someone calls me out as Fred did this
morning, I’m going to defend myself.

I honestly don’t even know if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me. I simply asked you a question. Fred said Ariana Grande is a bad example because she’s not white. When I questioned that claim you joined in to say that she’s Italian.

So I’m simply asking you if being Italian and being white are mutually exclusive. Because my understanding is that most Italians and most Italian-Americans, like most Europeans and most European-Americans, are classified as white.

When someone calls me out as Fred did this
morning, I’m going to defend myself.

I honestly don’t even know if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me. I simply asked you a question. Fred said Ariana Grande is a bad example because she’s not white. When I questioned that claim you joined in to say that she’s Italian.

So I’m simply asking you if being Italian and being white are mutually exclusive. Because my understanding is that most Italians and most Italian-Americans, like most Europeans and most European-Americans, are classified as white.
I didn't call you out, I just said she was Italian descent. Take it however you will.

I didn't call you out
I’m well aware of that. Fred did, not you.
I just said she was Italian descent. Take it however you will.
And I’m simply trying to get clarification on whether or not an Italian or an Italian-American can also be considered white. And I’m not singling you out. It’s an open question to anyone in this thread, because I’ve always assumed that most Italians are white.

I’m well aware of that. Fred did, not you.

And I’m simply trying to get clarification on whether or not an Italian or an Italian-American can also be considered white. And I’m not singling you out. It’s an open question to anyone in this thread, because I’ve always assumed that most Italians are white.
I also assumed they were white, fwiw.

Reactions: TJ8869
snowflakes?

dumbasses?

something worse?

Conservatives Are Melting Down Because Lizzo Played James Madison’s Crystal Flute

JAMES MADISON DEFEATED DeWitt Clinton in 1812 to secure a second term in the White House. To commemorate his inauguration, a craftsman from Paris made him a crystal flute. The flute eventually made its way into the possession of the Library of Congress and sat unplayed until this week, when Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden invited Lizzo, a classically trained flautist, to blow a few notes and even take the piece of history onstage during her concert in Washington, D.C.

The tweets and reactions are hysterical.

The conservative Columbia Bugle called it a “humiliation ritual.” Right-wing commentator Greg Price wrote that “they” want to “degrade our history and then call you a racist if you actually value it.” Trump appointee Darren Beattie described Lizzo as the “perfect representative of the American Globalist Empire.” Trump superfan Nick Adams tweeted that the “Biden Administration is making a mockery of the country.” Former GOP congressional candidate Andrew McCarthy said everyone involved “should be deported.”
I think it's fine that she played the former presidents flute. I think what isn't fine is what her obese ass was wearing while playing it. It's disrespectful to the former president.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT