ADVERTISEMENT

In case you needed more evidence that conservatives are the world's biggest...

I’m well aware of that. Fred did, not you.

And I’m simply trying to get clarification on whether or not an Italian or an Italian-American can also be considered white. And I’m not singling you out. It’s an open question to anyone in this thread, because I’ve always assumed that most Italians are white.
Looking back i was pretty aggro about you questioning me. I apologize.

Reactions: TJ8869
200 years ago, plump, full-bodied women were quite desirable, if not idealized. Some of you could really use just a little (or a ton of) injection of curiosity, such that your narrow-ass views of, well, EVERYTHING would be afforded just a smidgen of opportunity to not be so full-formed ignorant.

@LuteHawk , since you were his contemporary, please tell these people that full-figured women were desirable in Madison’s day and that he, in fact, would likely very much have appreciated Lizzy’s stage dress.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of conservatives but it does seem like the leftists are engaging in selective noticing of conservative outrage here. Conservatives had a conniption when Cyrus decided to Twerk on Robin Thicke at some awards show. Not likely that they are going to just stay quiet if she's twerking while playing James Madison's flute.
These two statements can both be true (and I believe they are):

1. Conservatives will get up in arms and freak out when any young female artist dresses and acts sexually provocatively.

2. Conservatives will get up in arms and freak out at an even more intense and hateful manner if that young female artist is also black and a self-professed liberal.

Psst: He's been dead for more than 200 years. I really doubt he cares.

I personally think it's disrespectful to history.

These two statements can both be true (and I believe they are):

1. Conservatives will get up in arms and freak out when any young female artist dresses and acts sexually provocatively.

2. Conservatives will get up in arms and freak out at an even more intense and hateful manner if that young female artist is also black and a self-professed liberal.

I don't see this freakout as any more intense than those.

I’m well aware of that. Fred did, not you.

And I’m simply trying to get clarification on whether or not an Italian or an Italian-American can also be considered white. And I’m not singling you out. It’s an open question to anyone in this thread, because I’ve always assumed that most Italians are white.
Yes and no. We're considered white these days, and if you've seen my belly you'd know why. But historically Italians weren't treated as white when they first started emigrating to the US.

I repeat, full-figured women were desirable 200 years ago. Chances are, Madison would have approved of Lizzo and her stage dress.

A FLUTIST was the center of a two-day online right wing freakout.
Seven years ago a donut was the center of a multi-day online right wing freakout that resulted in MLB dumping an Italian-American woman from its All-Star weekend concert lineup.

People on social media tend to get really keyed up about stupid shit.

Yes and no. We're considered white these days, and if you've seen my belly you'd know why.
I’ve never seen your belly but I’ve heard stories.
But historically Italians weren't treated as white when they first started emigrating to the US.

The Irish were on the business end of some rough-housing back then as well, and they’re just about the whitest people on earth.

First sentence is silly on its face, you can't "disrespect" a concept like history.

Second sentence is just absurd. A FLUTIST was the center of a two-day online right wing freakout.

Sure you can. If a couple went and had sex on Washington's death bed that would be disrespectful to history.

I honestly don't believe that the left has a concept of something being sacred. There is of course things that are sacred in the religious sense but as much so I believe there are many things such as objects of historical significance that are sacred in the secular sense.

Sure you can. If a couple went and had sex on Washington's death bed that would be disrespectful to history.
I for one would never have sex on Washington’s death bed, not even with OP’s mom. You’re supposed to change your mattress every 7 years. After 222 years that thing has to be crawling with dust mites.

Reactions: torbee
If it was Lena Dunham instead of Lizzo, dressed the same way, the reaction from conservatives probably would have been the same. The difference is that liberals would have criticized her too.

In other Lizzo-related news.

First she says this:

"It’s about white male supremacy; it’s always been about white male supremacy in this country and the people who are complicit in helping uphold it — who are a lot of white women. The women who voted for Donald Trump."

and

"The way Black women have been treated in this country has made me feel very hopeless. I don’t think there was a time when [we] were treated fairly and with respect."

Then she says this:

"When Black people see a lot of white people in the audience, they think, Well this isn’t for me, this is for them. The thing is, when a Black artist reaches a certain level of popularity, it’s going to be a predominantly white crowd."

On the one hand she's saying black women aren't treated well or are respected and it makes her feel hopeless. Then she goes on to say the majority of her audience is white. From a racism perspective, shouldn't that give her hope? From my understanding, she's pretty successful (and one helluva flute player) and I guess a lot of that success stems from white fan support.

From a statistical perspective, Black Americans only make up 12.1% of the U.S. population, so of course the majority of her fan base will be white (or other). It's just math and shouldn't count against her from the Black Community and its sad that it does. Personally, I love when artists transcend racial norms, like Carley Pride in Country Music.

Lizzo says treatment of Black women in the U.S. makes 'me feel very hopeless'

Not that she has any real talent, but if it were MGT who played the flute, they would have celebrated.

snowflakes?

dumbasses?

something worse?

Conservatives Are Melting Down Because Lizzo Played James Madison’s Crystal Flute

JAMES MADISON DEFEATED DeWitt Clinton in 1812 to secure a second term in the White House. To commemorate his inauguration, a craftsman from Paris made him a crystal flute. The flute eventually made its way into the possession of the Library of Congress and sat unplayed until this week, when Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden invited Lizzo, a classically trained flautist, to blow a few notes and even take the piece of history onstage during her concert in Washington, D.C.

The tweets and reactions are hysterical.

The conservative Columbia Bugle called it a “humiliation ritual.” Right-wing commentator Greg Price wrote that “they” want to “degrade our history and then call you a racist if you actually value it.” Trump appointee Darren Beattie described Lizzo as the “perfect representative of the American Globalist Empire.” Trump superfan Nick Adams tweeted that the “Biden Administration is making a mockery of the country.” Former GOP congressional candidate Andrew McCarthy said everyone involved “should be deported.”

• Haha
Reactions: NoleATL

Lizzo sued by former backup dancers who accuse her of sexual harassment, 'hostile work environment'​

"...dancers allege sexual harassment, religious and racial harassment, false imprisonment, interference with prospective economic advantage, and more."

Last edited:

Lizzo sued by former backup dancers who accuse her of sexual harassment, 'hostile work environment'​

"...dancers allege sexual harassment, religious and racial harassment, false imprisonment, interference with prospective economic advantage, and more."

ok and? why are you tagging me?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT