ADVERTISEMENT

In farewell address, Trump to declare that ‘the movement we started is only just beginning’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
May God help our nation:
In a farewell address expected to be posted online at 4 p.m., Trump will tout his record as president and declare that “the movement we started is only just beginning,” according to excerpts released by the White House on Tuesday afternoon.
“This week, we inaugurate a new administration and pray for its success in keeping America safe and prosperous,” Trump is expected to say. “We did what we came here to do — and so much more.”
In the excerpts, Trump does not make any mention of the coronavirus pandemic, which has taken the lives of nearly 400,000 people in the United States.
Neither does the president make any mention of Biden by name, nor does he retract his repeated, false claims that the presidential race was “stolen.” There is no evidence of any widespread voter fraud in the November election.
“Above all, we have reasserted the sacred idea that in America, the government answers to the people,” Trump is expected to say. “We restored the idea that in America, no one is forgotten — because everyone matters and everyone has a voice. I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices — because that’s what you elected me to do.”
Trump’s four years in office have seen America become more divided than at any other point in recent history — spurred, in part, by the president’s inflammatory rhetoric toward his political opponents as well as toward immigrants, Black people, women, people of color and other groups.
Nonetheless, in his farewell address, Trump will attempt to cast his presidency as one marked by a bipartisan spirit.
“Our agenda was not about right or left, it wasn’t about Republican or Democrat, but about the good of a nation, and that means the whole nation,” Trump will say.
He will also declare, “We built the greatest economy in the history of the world,” in what will be his 493rd time repeating the falsehood, according to The Washington Post’s Fact Checker.
“All Americans were horrified by the assault on our Capitol. Political violence is an attack on everything we cherish as Americans,” Trump is expected to say. “It can never be tolerated. Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday, I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning.”
Trump last week became the first president in U.S. history to have been impeached twice. The Senate is expected to begin its trial of Trump next week, with Democrats pressing not only for conviction but also for Trump to be barred from running for office again.

So to summarize...

giphy.gif

May God help our nation:
In a farewell address expected to be posted online at 4 p.m., Trump will tout his record as president and declare that “the movement we started is only just beginning,” according to excerpts released by the White House on Tuesday afternoon.
“This week, we inaugurate a new administration and pray for its success in keeping America safe and prosperous,” Trump is expected to say. “We did what we came here to do — and so much more.”
In the excerpts, Trump does not make any mention of the coronavirus pandemic, which has taken the lives of nearly 400,000 people in the United States.
Neither does the president make any mention of Biden by name, nor does he retract his repeated, false claims that the presidential race was “stolen.” There is no evidence of any widespread voter fraud in the November election.
“Above all, we have reasserted the sacred idea that in America, the government answers to the people,” Trump is expected to say. “We restored the idea that in America, no one is forgotten — because everyone matters and everyone has a voice. I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices — because that’s what you elected me to do.”
Trump’s four years in office have seen America become more divided than at any other point in recent history — spurred, in part, by the president’s inflammatory rhetoric toward his political opponents as well as toward immigrants, Black people, women, people of color and other groups.
Nonetheless, in his farewell address, Trump will attempt to cast his presidency as one marked by a bipartisan spirit.
“Our agenda was not about right or left, it wasn’t about Republican or Democrat, but about the good of a nation, and that means the whole nation,” Trump will say.
He will also declare, “We built the greatest economy in the history of the world,” in what will be his 493rd time repeating the falsehood, according to The Washington Post’s Fact Checker.
“All Americans were horrified by the assault on our Capitol. Political violence is an attack on everything we cherish as Americans,” Trump is expected to say. “It can never be tolerated. Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday, I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning.”
Trump last week became the first president in U.S. history to have been impeached twice. The Senate is expected to begin its trial of Trump next week, with Democrats pressing not only for conviction but also for Trump to be barred from running for office again.

Yes, we are very aware of the MAGA "movement" and have no doubt that this freak show is only the beginning

Donald-Trump-Violent-Insurrection-US-Capitol-Analysis.jpg

May God help our nation:
I never realized @goldmom was a White House speech writer

If he could have shown any semblance of normalism even for 6 weeks prior to Nov 3, he would have been reelected. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for America he showed his true colors. Biden is less than ideal and I give him a 50/50 shot of making it through his first term, but it will be nice to have a little sense of normalcy now and then.....

If he could have shown any semblance of normalism even for 6 weeks prior to Nov 3, he would have been reelected. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for America he showed his true colors. Biden is less than ideal and I give him a 50/50 shot of making it through his first term, but it will be nice to have a little sense of normalcy now and then.....

This. If he had shown the slightest trace of being a decent human being over the past 10 months he wou,d have walked to reelection. The country would come together in a crisis and given him a pass on the economic slump. Instead, he had to show his ass.

Why are all of his recent remarks taped? Is he living in Abbottabad?
Looks like his chief of staff realized it was harmful politically for Trump to offer unprepared remarks. Interesting timing for adopting this strategy. We'll see if it helps his numbers.

Hopefully someone at the DoJ is making a recording. You just never know when Trump will say something incriminating.

Reactions: cigaretteman
This. If he had shown the slightest trace of being a decent human being over the past 10 months he wou,d have walked to reelection. The country would come together in a crisis and given him a pass on the economic slump. Instead, he had to show his ass.

I definitely agree that it was Trump's election to lose...and yet he managed to do it.

Reactions: goldmom
Couldn't help himself from dropping a "China Virus"

Plenty of talk about the stock market. How many of the 75MM who voted for Dear Leader do you think have an investment portfolio over $100,000? $1,000,000?
MANY people I know. 😎

I definitely agree that it was Trump's election to lose...and yet he managed to do it.
Many people are saying this. It's a lot like saying "If frogs had wings...". And a frog sprouting gossamer wings is orders of magnitude more likely than Trump demonstrating any semblance of "normalism". Trump was, is, and always will be utterly incapable of even pretending to be a "decent human being". The concept is not just foreign to him, it's nonexistent. In Trump's mind, he IS the normal, decent human being and he's the ONLY normal, decent human being.

And for Trump, "normal" and "decent" mean only what's good for Donald Trump. Others exist only insofar as they can serve his needs. As I have said before, Donald Trump would throw his own family under a quite literal bus if he thought it would serve his needs. And that doesn't even capture him - Trump would never stoop to doing the deed himself - Trump would find some fawning sycophant to do his dirty work and then disavow them when it brought down the heat. He is an evil, reprehensible piece of trash.

Tomorrow Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will honor our veterans and war dead by visiting Arlington National Cemetery. Joining them will be Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama.
Donald Trump is skipping out on the ceremony. That's the legacy of the Trump years. That's the takeaway for four years of Trump as president. A taped message of BS lies, versus the reality of his non stop failures and unwillingness to do his damn job.

Tomorrow Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will honor our veterans and war dead by visiting Arlington National Cemetery. Joining them will be Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama.
Donald Trump is skipping out on the ceremony. That's the legacy of the Trump years. That's the takeaway for four years of Trump as president. A taped message of BS lies, versus the reality of his non stop failures and unwillingness to do his damn job.

Why in the world would anyone want him there?

He's using the royal "we" and referring to being constipated. I would not want to be on Air Force One for a few hours.

Trump is done. I don't see him making another run for fear he might get beat again.....and I think he would. He's mentioned more than once about how "easy" his life was prior to the presidency. I suspect he'll drop off the face of the earth and live a quiet life in FL. He doesn't care enough about the country to get involved in moving the republican party forward or shaping policy.......

If there is something he can do to put his kids in a better position to run, he might do that.....even that is a 50/50 shot at best

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT