In Florida, DeSantis’s plans for colleges rattle some academics

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
The poster above has somehow forgotten or is perhaps too young to recall the days when Florida, firmly in the grasp of full Democratic control, mandated that every single high school - public OR private - had to teach a course called “Americanism vs. Communism”.
Our current Governor wasn’t even born yet, and Republicans had been shut out of the Governor’s Mansion since Reconstruction until a one off dude named Claude Kirk was elected on what some called a fluke.
Mom...you understand that Republicans were “dirty bastards” in the South from the 1860’s forward to the passing of the Civil Rights of 1964 legislation, which served as the turning point for the GOP in the old South. “Americanism vCommunism” Post WW2 was pretty common in this nation back in those McCarthy days...mandating a school course might be a little extreme but certainly not that fR out of the public’s stream of consciousness.

goldmom

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Mom...you understand that Republicans were “dirty bastards” in the South from the 1860’s forward to the passing of the Civil Rights of 1964 legislation, which served as the turning point for the GOP in the old South. “Americanism vCommunism” Post WW2 was pretty common in this nation back in those McCarthy days...mandating a school course might be a little extreme but certainly not that fR out of the public’s stream of consciousness.
Interesting POV from someone who has to run his mouth every day on something while posing as an expert on virtually every topic under the sun, including the history of Florida politics.
Tell us how long you lived in Florida or went to school in Florida or grew up here, maybe?
I don’t comment on Iowa politics. There’s a reason for that.

FlickShagwell

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2003
Omaha, NE
Interesting POV from someone who has to run his mouth every day on something while posing as an expert on virtually every topic under the sun, including the history of Florida politics.
Tell us how long you lived in Florida or went to school in Florida or grew up here, maybe?
Damn. I never lived in Ukraine or Russia. I need to go delete all my posts in that mega thread.

Reactions: OILCHECKER

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Expert? No
Better informed than most? Probably
Understanding the evils of modern “Republicanism” (Republicanism since Newt G)? Oh, yeah…Guilty

Latest posts