ADVERTISEMENT

In Iowa, Ron DeSantis says that, unlike Trump, he'll get Mexico to pay for the border wall

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Iowa audiences this weekend that he would get Mexico to pay for building a wall on the southern border, jabbing at former President Donald Trump failing to keep his campaign promises.

"With me, everything I tell you I’m going to do, write it down," DeSantis said Sunday at an event in a Cedar Rapids church. "I’m going to follow through."

Actually, DeSantis' border wall pitch would rely on immigrants living in the U.S., rather than the Mexican government. He proposed additional fees on the money immigrants send back to their communities in Mexico, Central America and South America — known as "remittances."

IOWA CAUCUSES

In Iowa, Ron DeSantis says that, unlike Trump, he'll get Mexico to pay for the border wall​

Katie Akin
Des Moines Register

MARION, Ia. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Iowa audiences this weekend that he would get Mexico to pay for building a wall on the southern border, jabbing at former President Donald Trump failing to keep his campaign promises.
"With me, everything I tell you I’m going to do, write it down," DeSantis said Sunday at an event in a Cedar Rapids church. "I’m going to follow through."
Actually, DeSantis' border wall pitch would rely on immigrants living in the U.S., rather than the Mexican government. He proposed additional fees on the money immigrants send back to their communities in Mexico, Central America and South America — known as "remittances."

"It’s billions of dollars you’ll raise, and we’re going to pile that right into building the border wall," DeSantis said. "So not only am I going to keep my promises, I’m going to keep other people’s promises, too.”
The crowd, standing in a dense circle around DeSantis' stage in the center of the room, laughed and applauded.

DeSantis has taken a hard-right stance on immigration on the campaign trail, pledging to use military force at the U.S.-Mexico border and to authorize lethal force against cartel members trying to enter the country.
A Des Moines Register analysis of the Republican presidential hopefuls found that candidates have escalated their rhetoric on the issue, tapping into Republican frustrations about the border.

Reactions: HawkMD
Sure ya will, Ron
Baby Boomers Ok GIF by Originals

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Iowa audiences this weekend that he would get Mexico to pay for building a wall on the southern border, jabbing at former President Donald Trump failing to keep his campaign promises.

IOWA CAUCUSES

In Iowa, Ron DeSantis says that, unlike Trump, he'll get Mexico to pay for the border wall​

Katie Akin
Des Moines Register

MARION, Ia. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Iowa audiences this weekend that he would get Mexico to pay for building a wall on the southern border, jabbing at former President Donald Trump failing to keep his campaign promises.

"It’s billions of dollars you’ll raise, and we’re going to pile that right into building the border wall," DeSantis said. "So not only am I going to keep my promises, I’m going to keep other people’s promises, too.”
The crowd, standing in a dense circle around DeSantis' stage in the center of the room, laughed and applauded.

DeSantis has taken a hard-right stance on immigration on the campaign trail, pledging to use military force at the U.S.-Mexico border and to authorize lethal force against cartel members trying to enter the country.
A Des Moines Register analysis of the Republican presidential hopefuls found that candidates have escalated their rhetoric on the issue, tapping into Republican frustrations about the border.

So, how is the idiot is going make Mexico pay for the wall? Time for a question-and-answer session.

If he can't be original, make the dipshit be honest.

I guess you didn't read the thread...

I read the thread. First, you think your dork is going be elected?

Fees on money sent back to countries. What money? What has Mexico have to do with it?

Where does stupid start and stupid end?

I read the thread. First, you think your dork is going be elected?

Fees on money sent back to countries. What money? What has Mexico have to do with it?

Where does stupid start and stupid end?
Your inability read and comprehend is on the education system that passed you, not me.

Do you believe that, if elected, Ron Desantis will force Mexico to pay for a border wall? If so you are a bigger dupe than you've already portrayed.
"Mexico" no. The US government can't force another country's government to build a wall.

"Mexico" no. The US government can't force another country's government to build a wall.
LOL - I see you are trying to parse here. Do you believe Desantis, if elected, will use Mexican funding to construct a border wall?

I wonder if singling put money sent to one specific country would be constitutional? You’re targeting immigrants, even legal immigrants and citizens over other immigrants in a similar
Situation.

LOL - I see you are trying to parse here. Do you believe Desantis, if elected, will use Mexican funding to construct a border wall?
I believe there mechanisms in place that any president could use to fund a border wall or many other things that aren't taxpayer funded. We could use seized assets from terrorist organizations for instance. I'm not a constitutional expert so I don't know specifically where the funding would come from, but any funding source that isn't the US taxpayers and impacts Mexico's economy like trading tariffs would be the same as mexico paying for the wall.

I believe there mechanisms in place that any president could use to fund a border wall or many other things that aren't taxpayer funded. We could use seized assets from terrorist organizations for instance. I'm not a constitutional expert so I don't know specifically where the funding would come from, but any funding source that isn't the US taxpayers and impacts Mexico's economy like trading tariffs would be the same as mexico paying for the wall.
Then why didn't Trump use those instead of pulling money from Defense?

Like so many of the far right wing you believe this nonsense from Desantis just like you did with Trump. You're a rube.

And Desantis is but you have no basis to make that determination. You're ignorant, by your own admission, about how he might do this, yet you believe him. Just like you did with Trump.

SMFH
I have actual evidence with RDS that when he says he's gonna do something he follows through. How many threads did we have with the (lies) don't say gay bill? When RDS says he's gonna do something he actually does.

I have actual evidence with RDS that when he says he's gonna do something he follows through. How many threads did we have with the (lies) don't say gay bill? When RDS says he's gonna do something he actually does.
You mean like his vow to address the teacher shortage? Or to make Florida top 3 for reading and math? LOL

You're a rube who believe anything he says.

You mean like his vow to address the teacher shortage? Or to make Florida top 3 for reading and math? LOL

You're a rube who believe anything he says.

Instead teachers are leaving...a teacher of the year here in Florida resigned because his policies forced him to take down posters of black leaders.

Remember, this is the guy that slaves learned valuable life skills

Your inability read and comprehend is on the education system that passed you, not me.

You are truly a fool. You are listening to an idiot. Dildo Ron won't be president and he's a laughable joke outside your redneck state.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL
You are truly a fool. You are listening to an idiot. Dildo Ron won't be president and he's a laughable joke outside your redneck state.
We will see... I won't be surprised if this is a very low voter turnout, I'm not sure there's a lot of voter intensity right now. Dems aren't in love with Joe, R's aren't in love with anyone but Trump, and even if he has the support of most of the republican party, he's awful with independents and provides motivation for the anybody but Trump people to vote when some might choose to just sit it out.

I think RDS has a better chance to attract independent voters than DT does.

We will see... I won't be surprised if this is a very low voter turnout, I'm not sure there's a lot of voter intensity right now. Dems aren't in love with Joe, R's aren't in love with anyone but Trump, and even if he has the support of most of the republican party, he's awful with independents and provides motivation for the anybody but Trump people to vote when some might choose to just sit it out.

I think RDS has a better chance to attract independent voters than DT does.

Biden is a moderate, non-threat, no matter how much shit the Right shit throws in the fan. Nothing and no one suits everyone though, and differences are certain. Some of the stuff; you bring up; DieSantos pulls out of who knows where, is nuttier than the Orange Turd's bullshit. "Meeting drug cartels at the border". Cartels aren't dumb enough to show up at the border. That's mickey mouse crap for the Fox dummies. And you can't take money being sent back to countries legally if it is sent legally. You can't take arbitrary action against drug cartels or anyone or anything outside the law. He's an extremist right winger. His track record proves this.

DieSantos was supposed to be the savior freeing the nation from the clutches of the psychopathic degenerate criminal Orange Turd. His ramblings are as off the wall and freaked out as the Orange Clown's.

If he had a chance, he needed to court the independents. This "woke" shit turned everyone off. From an objective perspective, it was the most amateurish, and I have to say puzzling campaign theme I have seen in my 74 years. Why in the hell would a major party candidate campaign employ such a juvenile theme? He had enough personal connectivity issues, then to introduce "Woke". It was a laugh a minute.

Reactions: lucas80
Too little, too late. He spent months polishing Don’s shoes, and now he’s very tentatively bringing out the knife.
All of the Republicans took the wrong strategy except Hutchinson and Christie.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT