ADVERTISEMENT

In Kenny Arnolds passing-

Thanks for posting. Forgot how well Waite played the second half. No shot clock then. We played for the last shot with 1:30 to go. The field house celebration that night was a memory I’ll never forget. Team was delayed getting back. I think it started around 10:30. Wrestlers had won the NCAA title that day as well and were there. It was rockin.

I have DVD's of the run to final four. Iowa basically played 7 guys and four of them were hurt.
Kenny played 36,39,35. and 32 minutes per game leading up to final four.

Last edited:
the game sure is different with a shot clock and the 3 points shot....and the longer shorts :)

Even without the shot clock and 3 pt. shot, Iowa and Georgetown both scored in the 70s in that game. Which shows how rough and physical the game has become and how bad/inefficient most shooters are in the mid-range jump shots now.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Thanks for posting. Forgot how well Waite played the second half. No shot clock then. We played for the last shot with 1:30 to go. The field house celebration that night was a memory I’ll never forget. Team was delayed getting back. I think it started around 10:30. Wrestlers had won the NCAA title that day as well and were there. It was rockin.

I was there. That place rocked!

Even without the shot clock and 3 pt. shot, Iowa and Georgetown both scored in the 70s in that game. Which shows how rough and physical the game has become and how bad/inefficient most shooters are in the mid-range jump shots now.
The efficiency of both teams in this game, especially Iowa in the second half, was off the charts. Normally a game played at that pace would be in the 60s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT