ADVERTISEMENT

In-laws are young earth creationists and keep teaching it to my kids.

Raglefant

HR Legend
Jan 22, 2016
latest

Start agreeing with them. Then make it seem as if they aren't as devout as you are on the subject. Actually, the fact that they are poisoning your kids' minds by telling them the earth is only 6000 years old instead of 5000 years old is blasphemy. Also, the fact that they don't believe that Jesus flew a Pterodactyl from place to place makes them heathens. Announce that they are going to hell for their wicked ways and they must repent.

That'll give them some keen insight on their own behavior if not just at least a little fun to act like a crazy ass hole for a little while.

Ragle can I sit in on one of these teaching sessions? And if yes, can I be a little high and/or drinking, um, tequila—I think fits the occasion. Yeah, some good tequila. Maybe bourbon. But probably I'll just be high with a box of cheezits and maybe a beer or two. Yeah?

It's a belief just like evolution. You attack it because it does not fall in line with progressive values.

No, I attack it because it’s demonstrably false. It is made up crap. Science proves that it’s wrong. Just because you’re not bright enough to understand evolution doesn’t change those facts. And it has nothing whatsoever to do with politics, it’s hard scientific fact.

True. But that doesn’t make it any less annoying for op. Very hard to bite your tongue sometimes.

In laws are annoying sometimes. That’s been true since the first marriage. The only thing you can do is make things like this less stressful to deal with.

It's a belief just like evolution. You attack it because it does not fall in line with progressive values.

A belief?!? LMAO........I guess genetics is also just a belief.

Even leaving evolution out of the equation, hell just leave the whole scientific field of biology out of the equation......other scientific fields such as geology and astronomy completely contradict a young Earth/Universe. I can post one image that makes it completely impossible for a young Earth:

Paleomagnetism.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT