ADVERTISEMENT

In Memphis, two "dogs" attack and kill a 5 month old girl and 2 year old boy.

JupiterHawk

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Jupiter, FL
The family owns two sweet pit bulls that would never hurt a soul. Now their 5-month-old girl and a 2-year-old boy are dead. Ban pit bulls for god's sake. Miami does it.

An interesting trend with pit bull attacks is that several news outlets no longer mention the dog breed but just mention "dogs" in news articles.

SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn. — A 2-year-old girl and 5-month-old boy died and their mother is injured after their two pit bull family dogs attacked them Wednesday afternoon in their home near Shelby Forest State Park.
Animal Control now has possession of the two dogs.
According to the Shelby County Sheriff's Office, it happened in the 700 block of Sylvan Road around 3:30 p.m.

The children died on the scene and their mother was taken to Regional One in critical condition, according to a tweet from the sheriff's office.
Deputies said the investigation into the attack is ongoing.
No further details were immediately made available.

AP article - random dog

News article

Last edited:
Dog of peace

why_is_my_pit_bull_becoming_aggressive_2642_600.jpg

Waiting for the pitbull crowd to defend the dogs and blame the children.
I believe it’s true that any individual dog can be good or bad, regardless of breed. I’m sure there are loving pit bulls that never so much as growl at anyone.

But given the history, I don’t understand how anyone wants a pit bull, much less have them around kids. They’re just not wired right.

There are sweet pit bulls. However, it doesn’t take to much of a bad owner to turn them into killing machines.
It doesn’t take an owner at all. It’s inherent in the animal.

If thousands of people had bear traps in their living rooms we’d read stories about people maimed and killed by bear traps. Undoubtedly there would be accompanying testimonials that until that point the bear trap in question hadn’t hurt anyone.

Seriously enough with the pits. They belong at junkyards, not in homes. They’re scary as hell. As a young man, I can remember going to buy weed from a somewhat big shot, and his dog shook me.

Just to be clear, are these actual pit bulls or children that identify as pit bulls?

Look at local animal shelters online. If it is full of pitbulls the town is trash.

Fwiw a few people have labor-doodles in our town and they always seem unable to control them. Seem very aggressive to walkers or bikers that go by. Not impressed.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Back in college we had to dog sit a girlfriend's pit bull.

We kept it in the basement with the door shut.

I can't remember how long it was even for, I just remember we were scared of the damn thing.

Not sure why, but I gathered the courage to go downstairs and pet it.

Hate those things.

Oh, and also cue the pit bull owners who say, “small dogs bite too!” Ok, but don’t think I’ve ever heard of a small dog mauling and killing anyone.

A lot of horrific stories and videos about the pit bulls over the years. One that sticks out in my head was that little girl I believe out of Clinton where that pitbull damn near tore her face off three or four years ago. I remember sending money for that. Wonder how she’s doing today.?

Pitbulls have problems inherent with the breed(s) but I have no doubt that if all pitbulls disappeared tomorrow, the crowd that gets them would move on and pick a new breed to ruin. Trashy people are going to do trashy things

The only thing less shocking than the breed of dog, is this thread.

Twice a year at minimum HORT does the same jokes targeted at the same group of imaginary posters that would be defending pit bulls, if only they existed.

The only thing less shocking than the breed of dog, is this thread.

Twice a year at minimum HORT does the same jokes targeted at the same group of imaginary posters that would be defending pit bulls, if only they existed.

No need to piss on our parade. This is one of the few topics that brings 95% of HORT together. Its nice to have a few kumbaya topics to ease the tension on the board.

Pit Bull Bans dont work. The owners will always find a vet who will call it an American Bully or something like that. There is no specific breed really. Its a Staffordshire Terrier more or less. If you have determined owners, a city can only do so much. I agree on the general sentiment in the thread, its just very hard for cities to be able to carry those bans out. Many have switched to vicious animal ordinances instead that track incidents.

ADVERTISEMENT