ADVERTISEMENT

In Memphis, two "dogs" attack and kill a 5 month old girl and 2 year old boy.

A lot of horrific stories and videos about the pit bulls over the years. One that sticks out in my head was that little girl I believe out of Clinton where that pitbull damn near tore her face off three or four years ago. I remember sending money for that. Wonder how she’s doing today.?

I was looking for an article and saw the below image on the Clinton Iowa Humane Society web page. Several photos of new adoptions of pit bulls so it seems that they promote the adoption even after that incident.

It should be "No Amount of Scars"
296386469_5532189206819672_8580152405604929611_n.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: HIWILLE

HR​

• Posted for like the 4th time in one of these "pit kills kid" threads

@Whiskeydeltadeltatango
    HR Heisman

Aug 5, 2020I will share my story and you take from it what you will: Growing up i worked at a local hunt club and trained many hunting dogs, my family has always had dogs and until about 2 years ago I was entirely in the "its not the dog its the owner" camp. I have an undergrad degree in psych and buisness and went on to get my masters in counseling. I have worked with adult prison populations, juvenile homes, and the SUDP program at the VA. I am telling you this simply to say Ive got a pretty decent education and knowledge of behavior modification and personality management.

When my wife and I got our first house together she wanted to rescue a dog. At the time I was worried it was our first dog together so we agreed to get a pure breed Boxer that we were able to buy at a very young age and train him to be part of our family. Fast forward 5-6 years, and wife and I moved to DM and its now time we think we are ready for a rescue as we have a very good gold standard in place. Then we got Rocky. Rocky, is a "boxer" by the rescue paperwork but looking at him and my "real" boxer its very obvious he is a boxer pit mix. We got Rocks when he was what we think was 3-5 months old, prior to living with us he was with the policeman that pulled him out of deplorable conditions as a very young pup. Rocky has never been abused, he is very well taken care of, and has never gone wanting since he has been part of our family. Rocky is my biggest cause of Anxeity in life. The scarediest I have been as an adult was the day i got a call tell me he was loose in our neighborhood of wdm when we lived there. He gets in the mood when he is insecure where he is unpredictable and you better be real confident when you approach him because if he senses you are nervous he will (so far act) like he is going to fvck you up. He has never actually attacked anyone but he is a little Beta b1tch. (I say that but he is 70 pounds and easily the most athletic dog I have ever seen, he can standing jump my 6 foot retaining wall) I walk my dogs daily, both are very obedient and with me are great dogs. If we had not moved to the country rocky would have been put down because he cannot be fully trusted. No amount of training, exercise, or reinforcement will ever correct that there is a "attack when cornered" mindset in him and whats worse, he feels 0 pain.

Nope. An alarming number of these “love conquers all” yuppies own pits. They think they can fix them and want to prove to the world that they’re really good dogs.

I really want to own a Rottweiler. I would not do so 1) with kids in the house and/or 2) I will not do it in town. Therefore I will never own a Rottweiler. It’s a bummer because I grew up around them and love the breed. But unpredictability is a thing. And I don’t want 100lbs of pure muscle being unpredictable.

I think that’s a sane perspective.

A Tennessee mother-of-two is now in stable condition with “stitches and bite marks over her entire body” after attempting to intervene when her two pit bulls mauled her toddlers to death Wednesday.

Kirstie Jane Bennard, 30, was severely injured by the dogs when she tried to pull them off of her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, just outside of their home in Shelby County, Tennessee.

Both of the children were pronounced dead at the scene, according to a Twitter post made by Shelby County Sheriff’s Office.

Bennard’s condition is reportedly stable, but the mother has an “uncountable amount of stitches and bite marks over her entire body, including her face,” Jeff Gibson — the uncle of husband Colby Bennard — wrote on Facebook.

While details of how the attack unfolded and why the pets became aggressive remain unclear, the tragic incident reportedly lasted about 10 minutes, according to Gibson.

Gibson also said Bennard’s “arms and legs are bandaged/wrapped up completely.”

The family member also wrote, “As of now it looks like there isn’t any permanent damage other than a heart that will never heal.”

Scared to death of them. Once something goes wrong it's to late. Long story. Had my young Golden retriever w/me along w/his lab friend we were watching and decided to take them to a lake/dog park on a hot Summer day. Long walk from the car down to the lake. Pulled into the parking lot and a pit was roaming free near the parking lot. it's probably 1/2 mile down to the lake, but that whole area is off leash. I was leery of the pit as he was getting aggressive w/some other dogs but I saw no owners or anyone around. Kept an eye on my dogs until we got down to the lake. Meanwhile Pit got down to the lake and was still being aggressive w/other dogs and then my dogs wandered to the lake. Pit tried to start humping the lab I was watching. Not sure what to do as no owners were still anywhere in sight. So finally tried nudging the pit off w/my foot, not really kicking him but trying not to make him mad. At that point I heard a guy yell out to quit kicking his dog, or he would come over and kick me. Of course it was 2 guys w/no shirts on itching for a fight. I just said to get control of their dog. At that point they started moving toward me and I thought I was probably going to get my ass kicked. There were quite a few people down there. Finally a very big guy stood up and basically told them to pack their shit up and grab their dog or he was going to kick their ass. They wanted no part of him and tucked tail and left. Luckily the dog didn't hurt another dog. Just don't understand the mentality.

Another "dog" attack.

An Amazon worker has been found dead in a yard after a suspected mauling by two dogs.

The body of the Amazon worker was found in a yard on a property in the Wood Heights area of Excelsior Springs, Missouri -- approximately 32 miles northeast of Kansas City -- on Monday evening, according to ABC News’ Kansas City affiliate KMBC.

Neighbors told KMBC that they called the Ray County Sheriff’s Office to report a delivery truck which had been parked in front of a residence in Wood Heights for several hours on Monday evening.

But when authorities responded to investigate the truck, they found the body of the driver in the yard along with two dogs on the property, according to KMBC.

• Wow
Reactions: TennNole17
They were bred to fight for centuries. You don't breed it out of them in 25 years. I was a meter reader for 4 months. There are many breed that had some mean ones. But I never got near one single yard with a Pit Bull in it where I thought it was just a sweetie in there acting tough. I always felt like they meant it. They usually had the cheapest, shittiest fence holding them in too.

ADVERTISEMENT