ADVERTISEMENT

In other union news: impending rail workers strike would cost the economy $2 billion per day....

@Kinnick.At.Night are you plugged in with IBEW? Are the other rail unions having success like the IBEW railroad rep wrote about in that letter from the other day? Looked like they got a system set up for up to 4 short notice sick days in a combo of adding time off and allowing existing PTO to be converted. Also mentioned payouts or extra 401k deposits on unused time, is that a new thing? Have those agreements now with 4 of the 6 railroads they're bargaining with and still negotiating the other two. I wish my employer would pay out unused time off. Every year I just take a bunch of 3 day weekends in November and December (while simultaneously rarely being able to get whatever time I want for those months' holidays) because I just don't use enough of my time in the middle of the year with how busy we get sometimes, and of what you don't use you can only roll over so much each year. Never a system to pay unused time or at the very least accrue all the time you don't use. With any to be paid out in the event of a layoff.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT